PDA

View Full Version : canadian needing help! [Last week in Jan. - first week in Mar.]

eryn
09-29-2005, 12:18 PM
As a canadian here I'm not familier with the holidays. If someone could help me out with any things happening during the last week in jan to the first week in march that might have an effect on crowds. (We do have valentines day so i already recorded that one!) Im deciding on which days right now right now. Thanx!

going2disneyAZ
09-29-2005, 12:33 PM
As a canadian here I'm not familier with the holidays. If someone could help me out with any things happening during the last week in jan to the first week in march that might have an effect on crowds. (We do have valentines day so i already recorded that one!) Im deciding on which days right now right now. Thanx!

This site lits all US Federal Holidays by year....

http://www.opm.gov/fedhol/index.asp

My2kidsrule
09-29-2005, 12:42 PM
Well, my birthday on Feb. 19 is a national holiday, but the kids stay in school unless it's also on Presidents Day. :-)

Mickeyslittlehelper
09-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Greetings from Vancouver Island fellow BC'er! :D

From the distance from Disneyland, you should be able to calculate that I am from Victoria :fez:

disneyhound
09-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Blame Canada... ;)

DianeM
09-29-2005, 08:55 PM
You want to know when people will be off work/school. A lot of American schools are closed at the beginning of january, but most resume by mid-month (some colleges don't start again until the end of the month). The third monday in January is Martin Luther King Day. Some American's get that day off, and schools is often out of session. The third monday in february is "President's Day". A lot of Americans get that day off, although not all. Most schools let out either the week before or the week after Easter, a lot of people trave at that time.

It's a good idea to ask about holiday's. My husband (who is from Quebec) tells me that Canada pretty much shuts down during the last 2 weeks of July for your "Construction Holiday". I'd hate to plan a trip during that time and find that I was competing for space with all those Canadians.

eryn
09-29-2005, 09:49 PM
Greetings to you BC'er! Im not from victoria but I'll be there next week. I just love that city!
Anyway, Ok, I know a little more now. What about theses cheerleading competitions and stuff at the convention centre? I would rather not be at the park with a bunch of screaming teenagers! Thanks for the help. I CANT WAIT!!!

eryn
11-22-2005, 09:58 AM
what about this coming valentines day? it looks like its right between two big things at the convention centre. junior nationals thing and apex(?) any thoughts?

GrumpyUTboi
11-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Eryn, you are right, you do need help being Canadian and all that. ;)

Just remember that some of the rides will be closed the first of January to take down all the holiday items down. Visiting Disneyland at any time of the year is the best time of the year! Have fun!

Klutch
11-22-2005, 05:24 PM
Well, my birthday on Feb. 19 is a national holiday, but the kids stay in school unless it's also on Presidents Day. :-)

Whoa. No kidding, Feb. 19th is my birthday, too! Although, I assume my day of birth, in 1965, was much earlier than yours. :D