PDA

View Full Version : Buying AP's - Any Advantage To Ordering Online Vs. Picking up?

Monte Cristo
09-28-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm going to purchase some Deluxe Passes for the first time and I had a question that hopefully one of you guys can answer.

I see I can order the tickets online and pick up at the window OR I can buy them when we get to the park.

Is there an advantage/difference to one or the other? Thanks.

Darkbeer
09-28-2005, 05:13 PM
I'm going to purchase some Deluxe Passes for the first time and I had a question that hopefully one of you guys can answer.

I see I can order the tickets online and pick up at the window OR I can buy them when we get to the park.

Is there an advantage/difference to one or the other? Thanks.

None really, either way, you need to go to the AP processing center at the Bank of Main Street to get the AP.

The best way to do it is to get a multi-day ParkHopper for the extra benefits (Early Entry and the ESPN Zone game card), plus the lack of Blockout days during your initial visit, then upgrade to an AP at the end of your visit.

Monte Cristo
09-29-2005, 07:43 AM
None really, either way, you need to go to the AP processing center at the Bank of Main Street to get the AP.

The best way to do it is to get a multi-day ParkHopper for the extra benefits (Early Entry and the ESPN Zone game card), plus the lack of Blockout days during your initial visit, then upgrade to an AP at the end of your visit.

We're going for a "quickie" trip next week for only two days (and then returning for a week in December). Does it pay to upgrade with a 2-day vs. just buying the Deluxe pass upfront?

Thanks for any info. As always (what would we do without youk, DB?)

Darkbeer
09-29-2005, 09:25 AM
We're going for a "quickie" trip next week for only two days (and then returning for a week in December). Does it pay to upgrade with a 2-day vs. just buying the Deluxe pass upfront?

Thanks for any info. As always (what would we do without youk, DB?)

Buy a 3 day or more to get the benefits (so long as the PH is cheaper than a Deluxe), and then upgrade on the second day.

Since you want an AP, it doesn't matter that you buy extra days, if you want to buy the AP's in advance for cash flow reasons, buy a 5 day so you don't have to pay much to upgrade....

DaddyB
09-29-2005, 01:49 PM
If you have AAA you get a $10 Disney Dollar at the ticekt window when you purchase a Deluxe AP (it may be for other levels, I just know we got one last month when my wife used her AAA purchasing a deluxe). That's like what, 5% off? But hey, it bought lunch for her.