PDA

View Full Version : Changes to Mouseketeer Signing Opportunity this weekend

AVP
09-28-2005, 03:46 PM
Folks,

I've just learned of a unconfirmed change in the announced proceedure for the Mouseketeer signing opportunity this weekend. Disney is now going to issue wristbands for the panel discussion / signing opportunity to the first 250 people who purchase Mickey Mouse Club Anniversary product at the Emporium Sunday morning, instead of distributing them at noon at the Central Plaza hub entrance to Carnation Gardens as previously announced.

I'll try to get confirmation about this, but it seems that if you want to attend the signing event, you should be prepared to be at the park as soon as the Emporium opens to purchase your event merchandise.

AVP

janell
09-28-2005, 04:53 PM
Does anyone know if you can buy the t-shirts, hats, key chain, what ever is not a limited number item, with out standing in line for a wrist band? (I am not planning on getting anything signed.)

Darkbeer
09-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Don't forget, the park opens at 10 AM this sunday due to the CHOC walk....

AVP
09-29-2005, 09:10 AM
Does anyone know if you can buy the t-shirts, hats, key chain, what ever is not a limited number item, with out standing in line for a wrist band? (I am not planning on getting anything signed.)I've been asking the same questions, and I've been getting lots of different answers.

Officially, the wristbands are only for the pins - you can purchase the other merchandise at the Emporium without having a wristband. However, I was told by an Emporium lead yesterday that wristbands are required for ALL merchandise; then a manager joined the conversation and said that the Emporium wouldn't even have the event merchandise, just the pins. It seems like they are still working out the logistics, and I've been told that having to coordinate all of this around CHOC Walk has added another layer of complexity.

I was able to confirm with someone higher up the food chain that *all* of the event merchandise *will* be at the Emporium, and that wristbands are required only for the pins. The only thing that seems up in the air is whether there will be one set of registers for pins, and one for merchandise, or if they'll be handled in one place. I know that the queue for the Emporium is planned to go from the side door nearest the Fire Station, past City Hall and in front of the train station if necessary. (So at least you know what entrance to aim for)

There will be no special queue outside Disneyland for people waiting to purchase merchandise. Once the gates open, there is most certainly going to be a mad dash to the Emporium, especially among those who hope to get the pieces with editions of 1 or 5. I had really hoped that they would form the line *outside* the park and walk people into the Emporium, to avoid the pushing and trampling that these types of events are known for, but it seems there just wasn't room to work around CHOC.

AVP

Gone2Disneyland
09-29-2005, 09:51 AM
It seems like they are still working out the logistics, and I've been told that having to coordinate all of this around CHOC Walk has added another layer of complexity.
I just went to the CHOC site to find out what it's all about. It says they get to walk through Disneyland before it's open to the public. Does that mean that they will have the opportunity to line up ahead of people waiting outside while they're there, or will they all be exited out before the park opens to the public at 10am? :)

Darkbeer
09-29-2005, 10:06 AM
The CHOC walk ends at Downtown Disney, where a special event will happen.

The CHOC walk folks will get a chance to buy a discounted ticket (if they don't have an AP), but to enter the park, they will have to wait in line with everyone else....

TowerofTerror
09-29-2005, 10:58 AM
well then everyone has an equal chance. I hope everyone is ready and prepared for some rude people and that if there is security will get rid of them fast. Well hope everything goes as plan and runs smoothly

Gone2Disneyland
09-29-2005, 11:23 AM
well then everyone has an equal chance. I hope everyone is ready and prepared for some rude people and that if there is security will get rid of them fast. Well hope everything goes as plan and runs smoothly
I hope not, but I can't help but think that might be the case this weekend. I was surprised how well organized the situations were for the mornings of May 5 and July 17, and how festive the guests were that I was among. But with this being a merchandising situation, which extremely limited runs for some items, I am bringing a double dose of patience with me this Sunday :) as well as lowered expectations just in case some items I want are sold out when I get there :rolleyes:

AVP
09-29-2005, 06:35 PM
OK, new information has been posted the DisneyGallery.com Web site:

UPDATE (9/28):
(Wristbands will no longer be issued for the Panel Discussion. Seating for the Panel Discussion, etc. will be issued on a first come, first serve basis only. No seats may be saved, so please ensure your entire party stays together upon entering the venue. Seating is extremely limited.) From what I have been told, "extremely limited" means 250 people, so be prepared.

AVP

janell
09-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Thanks AVP for all the info. We'll see what happens. :)