PDA

View Full Version : Another Bad story with an Annual Pass!

Mickey
09-28-2005, 01:36 PM
Remember the other bad story about my annual pass, that there was a problem with
a CM being rude and that I didin't ever get my annual pass by mail?

Well here is the story of my friend that renewed his pass by mail, everything wen't
fine he recieved the pass, but guess what? This is incredible!
The pass had same name, but a picture of someone else.
The pass number was wrong.
The expiration date was incorrect. (His pass expired Sep20 2005, and the new expiration date was Sep 29 2005 how dumb is that ain't it?)

So how in the world can disney pass center renew a different pass if they get :
1.-Name
2.- Address
3.-PASS NUMBER
4.-Credit Card number
and send a pass that is not yours?

My conclusion is that the person that recieved the credit card number and personal information only saw the NAME and never verified the pass number that's why we got it wrong.
My friend was in shock because he just went through all of my situation with my pass , so
he called inmediatly to the hotline.
They said that the new pass will be sent tomorrow, with an extra month of use so now it wont expire Sep 2006,it will untill Oct 2006.
Probably many people have got there pass by mail with no problem ,but my recomendation is if you want your pass safe and sound, and with correct information, purchase it
IN THE PARK, it's much better. ;)

ToursbabeC3po
09-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Sounds like that Dept. Needs to get there stuff together!
Toursbabe

adriennek
09-28-2005, 07:20 PM
In the past two months I've renewed three APs by mail and we've had no problems. They were all properly processed and we had them in our hands rather quickly, IMO. From the time I mailed the forms until the APs came back, it was less than 2 weeks.

Adrienne

mkcbunny
09-28-2005, 09:46 PM
I have never had a problem by mail or in the park myself. I even skipped a year at DL and they retained my info so that when I did a ParkHopper upgrade in the park last May, they could use all my old information. That was very quick, and it was also great because I wasn't really in the mood to have my picture taken on the day I renewed/upgraded. :) So you can go when you look crappy if they already have your photo on file. :)

But my friend had a problem with her pass at the gate in WDW [it wouldn't scan, repeatedly]. So in order to let her through the gate, they issued her a new AP from a special computer set up on the side area. I was already inside and waited for them to issue her new pass. At one point, when we were in the park, we realized that they'd put THAT DAY as the pass expiration even though she had another 5 months left on it.

So we went to Town Hall, where a very nice CM helped us. We explained what happened and showed her my pass, which had the original date of expiration that we'd both had. At this point, the computer had been changed to the date we were there, so there was no way then to know when the original AP term ended. Thank Walt's memory, she believed us and could somehow tell from the computer that the pass had just been issued that morning. Common sense told her that, of course, one would not have an AP good for just one day. So she made a new one with the same date as mine. This could easily have gone poorly, but it worked out fine.

So, in the first instance, poor detail on the CM's part [lucky we caught it while we were in the park and not the next day!!!]. And in the second case, excellent customer service on the CM's part. Both in the same park, same day.

MyBeast
09-29-2005, 01:04 AM
perhaps you and your friend are just not meant to have passes?

I Heart Disneyland!
09-29-2005, 05:43 AM
Sadly there may be an element of human error too. I work for a bank, and there have been times when a person gets their debit card with another person's photo. Stuff happens at times, but, I am sorry you're having trouble! You are lucky to have AP's!!! Must mean you get to go a lot!

Mickey
09-29-2005, 11:56 AM
perhaps you and your friend are just not meant to have passes?

Probably!, We should be spending our money at Knott's Berry Farm. Your'e invited. :rolleyes:

Disneyland Fan
09-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Renewed by mail three times now with ne'er a problem :D

~Disneyland Fan~