PDA

View Full Version : Club 33 Etiquette

jazzysmom
09-28-2005, 08:21 AM
I can't get totally excited yet (ok, so I already am!!!)

There is a chance we may get to have a meal at Club 33 when we are there in 3 weeks. I will hopefully know for sure in the next couple days!!!

I feel like I know so very little about this place. I just want to faint when I think about the chance to go! So fill me in...what are the do's and don'ts? What can I expect? Can I take pictures or film in there? How much time will a meal take? How much are the meals $50ish? What else should I know? Flood me with all your useful info you Mouseplanet experts!!! :fez:

smd4
09-28-2005, 08:38 AM
It's a nice restaurant. Behave the way you would in any nice restaurant. Don't put your elbows on the table or talk with your mouth full! ;)

Pictures--as many as you want--are welcome. CM's are always willing to snap some for you as well.

Meals can take 1.5 to 2 hours. All the more time to enjoy the place!

Lunch--at least $50/meal. But remember, if you aren't an AP, you saved the cost of entry.

Silverware--to be used from the outside in.

Oh--and I'm sure something the ladies will suggest: Make sure you use the restroom!

There--everything you need to know!

SpaceMountaineer
09-28-2005, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the info smd4! TikiBird27 and I are also going to be at Club 33 for the first time in three weeks (the weekend MA), and could use all of the help / advice that we can get. We have reservations at 2 pm, is that still considered lunch, or is it dinner? You also mentioned that taking pictures was fine, but how do they feel about camcorders? Thanks again for all of your help!

Opus1guy
09-28-2005, 09:00 AM
And flicking empty escargot shells from your open double French doors to the folks eating corn-dogs down below...is considered rude and snobbish.

;)

We have reservations at 2 pm, is that still considered lunch, or is it dinner? You also mentioned that taking pictures was fine, but how do they feel about camcorders?

The final lunch seating is at 2:30pm, so you're in for the semi-buffet luncheon (your main entrée will be ordered off a menu...all other items are buffet style).

Camcorders are welcomed, as long as you don't run about shoving it directly in other guests faces. ;)

smd4
09-28-2005, 09:03 AM
I'm sure camcorders are fine, but I never used one, so I cannot comment from experience. 2:00pm is still lunch. Don't forget to walk out onto the balconies!

The menus don't have prices, so don't let that throw you. It will be an EXPENSIVE meal.

Mousetrap
09-28-2005, 09:03 AM
:eek: :D :D :D :D :D LOL LOL

Opus1guy
09-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Don't forget to walk out onto the balconies!

You know I've been meaning to inquire about that. All the older Club materials state that walking out on the balconies is prohibited during daylight hours due to Walt not wanting the General Public to easily spot folks up there and wonder why there was a place they couldn't get into (that "every guest is a VIP" thing). But I have noticed guests out there during the day many times in past years, so I suspect they've relaxed that rule.

The menus don't have prices, so don't let that throw you. It will be an EXPENSIVE meal.

Yes, the luncheon entrée selection menu does not have prices on it, but then again it doesn't matter what you order. For the luncheon...it's $56 per adult flat rate including unlimited buffet items and some basic non-alcohol beverages. Booze and wine is extra. Tax and tip is extra too.

Sundays are a couple of dollars more, but that includes a welcome glass of Champagne or Sparking Wine, plus some visits by the Disney characters.

Dinner menus do have prices printed on them.

In the "old days" at the Club, only the Member's menu (or the one Guest Host who's name the reservaton was under) had prices on them. The Member could pre-arrange for the other men at the table to get priced menus, but the ladies menus never had prices on them unless the lady was the Member. But nowadays, everyone gets priced menus at Dinner.

A Dinner at the Club can start around $75 with a cocktail...and go straight up from there.

SpaceMountaineer
09-28-2005, 09:26 AM
You know I've been meaning to inquire about that. All the older Club materials state that walking out on the balconies is prohibited during daylight hours due to Walt not wanting the General Public to easily spot folks up there and wonder why there was a place they couldn't get into (that "every guest is a VIP" thing). But I have noticed guests out there during the day many times in past years, so I suspect they've relaxed that rule.

Thanks OpusGuy! This is another thing that I was wondering about, as I've always wanted to walk around up there. Should we just ask the waiter / waitress if it's ok?

Opus1guy
09-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Thanks OpusGuy! This is another thing that I was wondering about, as I've always wanted to walk around up there. Should we just ask the waiter / waitress if it's ok?

I would just to be safe. Although I'm pretty confident you will be allowed based on all the folks I've seen out there during daylight hours for the past several years.

One thing you have to be aware of though is that often the only way out to the balconies is by passing behind another guest's table. Hopefully you'll find an unoccupied table or some other unobstructed spot to make your way outside. But I would recommend not attempting it if it means disturbing some other guests dining at a window table.

If you are at one of the 2-top window tables, it is always requested that you not attempt to move the table away from the doors in order to go out on the balconies.

If you're having difficulties finding a way out onto the balconies or feel uncomfortable going about it...just ask your waiter for advise. They'll be glad to help you if they can.

kinglouie1967
09-28-2005, 10:18 AM
And, please, do refrain from nostril spelunking while at the table. :)

Opus1guy
09-28-2005, 10:22 AM
And, please, do refrain from nostril spelunking while at the table. :)

Ugh. I could tell you a story about this at the Grand Opening of Hong Kong Disneyland...but I'll spare 'ya.

Osky
09-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Ugh. I could tell you a story about this at the Grand Opening of Hong Kong Disneyland...but I'll spare 'ya.

Oh now we MUST know. Please post in the "The most disgusting thing I ever experienced at a Disney park... (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=43491)" thread.

melmel
09-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Also, make sure you are on TIME. If you are late, you will not be admitted. Also, if you are early you will not be admitted. You will be let in right at the time of your reservation.

Opus1guy
09-28-2005, 12:05 PM
Oh now we MUST know. Please post in the "The most disgusting thing I ever experienced at a Disney park... (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=43491)" thread.

Okay. You asked for it.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=740868&postcount=211

;)

Vegitabeta
09-28-2005, 01:20 PM
EW! :eek:

jazzysmom
09-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Okay. You asked for it.

;)

TOTALLY WAAAAY to much information. I don't suppose I should relate this story while I am at the Club... :D

Vegitabeta
09-28-2005, 01:29 PM
TOTALLY WAAAAY to much information. I don't suppose I should relate this story while I am at the Club... :D

No you'd probably be hurled off the balcony down towards the 'rabble' below :D

Osky
09-28-2005, 01:57 PM

You said "hurled"! :fez:

jazzysmom
09-28-2005, 02:02 PM

On my way down I would try and grab the corndog out of that one guys hand!

Mickeyslittlehelper
09-28-2005, 02:08 PM
Have a good time at the Club. I have a couple of little things to add.

A very helpful site other than this one is http://www.disneylandclub33.com/ which has tons of info.

If the lift is working, ask to take it up. It's very cool.

I was dining for dinner and asked to go outside, there was no problem, im not sure about the daytime though, but if you can, do it :fez:

At the end of your meal, be sure to ask for a Club 33 matchbook (a notepad) because they might have some.

Most importantly, take your time, and have a good time. :D

kinglouie1967
09-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Okay. You asked for it.

;)

Impressive! :) Almost an artform.

My oldest sister once dated a biker/ex-con who looked a lot like Charles Manson. I had the pleasure of observing his mucus-expulsion technique while spending some quality summer vacation time with them in a less-than-savory motel along Orange-Olive Road in the bucolic village of Orange.

Mr. Manson's doppelganger would use his finger to apply pressure to one side of his nose and, well, let's just say he "Club 33'd." Then he'd repeat on the other side.

I do believe it is acceptable -- nay, it is expected -- for Club 33 patrons to spit on commoners from the balcony. The generous ones regurgitate. :D

janell
09-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Oh you will have so much fun. Club 33 is very nice and you will love it. Last time I was there for lunch and it was really good. I had heard that now the only time they have the buffee is during the lunch time. But the buffee is just salads, some fish (like shrip) fruit, vegs, cheese and crackers. And you order your meal form a menu, which has a good solection. I had some toraline with different sauses, really really good.

If you get to pick what time you go, go for the first seating for dinner or lunch. If you have a party of I think 5 or 6 or less, you may get a window seat. But show up early, we got the better table(looking out over Rivers of America) because we were the first to check in. Not sure that had anything to do with it, but its worth showing up early to try and get the best table.

Anyhow I hope you get to go, you will have the best time. :)

Barbossa
09-28-2005, 03:52 PM
My DW and I had the privilege of dining at C33. Some observations:

1. We snapped tons of photos, no problems there.

2. Though there doesn't seem to be a dress code (many of the diners were in "Disneyland" clothes), it was a lot of fun to dress more formally.

3. We opted for the 5 course meal ($75 without wine, not cheap) for one reason: it gave us an excuse to stay there longer! (You can't leave until the dessert is served, right?) The meal was exquisite, by the way.

4. Make sure to talk to your waiter/waitress about purchasing Club 33 gifts. From hats to shirts to pins to coffee mugs. We doubled our check doing this.

Hope your reservation comes through! :)