PDA

View Full Version : Wine Country Trattoria in DCA?

tlovesdis
09-27-2005, 11:08 AM
If you've eaten there, please tell me what you liked and didn't like! We are planning on lunch there one day and the menu looks good, but we would like some opinions. I am especially interested in hearing about the Chicken Alfredo Lasagna. That sounds so good!

Thanks!

Dom262
09-27-2005, 11:26 AM
The Alfredo Lasagna is amazing. The service is great.

stan4d_steph
09-27-2005, 11:39 AM
There are several reviews in the MousePlanet Review Database here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dcawinecountrytrattoria).

neffyh
09-27-2005, 11:59 AM
I ate there. It was great. I love the meatball sub. :D

mad4mky
09-27-2005, 12:13 PM
I've eaten there several times.

I especially enjoyed it, when meeting up with a fellow MPer. Not only did we enjoy a nice lunch, it was a nice quiet atmosphere to 'catch up' on our lives and other juicy tid-bits. :)

The food is very good (at least what I have ordered). :)

You can enjoy wine with your meal...if 1) you are of age and 2) you actually drink alcohol (which I don't). ;)

Hawaiian Cinderella
09-27-2005, 02:27 PM
We ate dinner there in March and had a GREAT view of the ELP while eating dinner. Food was great but was a little disappointed that they didn't have a bigger selection of pasta, only a limited selection of different kinds of lasagna.

Pat-n-Eil
09-27-2005, 02:30 PM
We love the wine country trattoria. I also had the Fettucini Lasagna which was yummy. I've also had the standard Lasagne, also yummy. Wife and daughter had the meatball sandwich which they enjoyed and my son opted for the Mickey shaped PB&J sandwich. The service was good, and it was nice to be able to sit down.

Seems to me that the price was also reasonable. I had expected it to be much more expensive and it was on par with the walk-up places.

Rhiannon8404
09-27-2005, 03:50 PM
We've eaten there several times. Everything we had was good. Even my 7 year old loves to eat there. I think it's his second favorite place to eat after Blue Bayou. The kids portions are huge. Last time we were there I got a salad and then finished Charlie's spaghetti, instead of buying and entree for myself. It worked out well.

SoCalSteven
09-27-2005, 05:12 PM
The food is good and the price is right, but the last couple times I was there the service was lacking. I hope that has changed.

Elways way
09-27-2005, 09:12 PM
I was pleasantly surprised! My girlfriend and I decided to try it on our last trip and the food was great (meatball sub for me.....lasagna for her). The prices were very reasonable and the people watching was perfect. The only thing lacking was the service. It was absolutely awful. Our orders were wrong, we got our salads after our entrees, our drinks were never refilled, and our check took hours (not fun when you are excited to get back to the rides).

We will try it again.....but if the service is that bad again......they won't get a third strike!

Rhiannon8404
09-27-2005, 10:18 PM
The only thing lacking was the service. It was absolutely awful. Our orders were wrong, we got our salads after our entrees, our drinks were never refilled, and our check took hours (not fun when you are excited to get back to the rides).

We will try it again.....but if the service is that bad again......they won't get a third strike!

That is such a bummer about the bad service. I'm glad you are willing to try again. We've eaten there several times and had average service mostly and once we had great service.

JeffG
09-28-2005, 07:46 AM
After having a fairly poor experience with the restaurant shortly after it first opened, we didn't try it again for a couple years. Back in June, though, we were looking for somewhere to eat and decided to give it another chance as it really did seem to be the closest match for what we were looking for that night.

During that visit, we were actually very pleased with the restaurant and it pretty much is back on our list of good dining options. I had the meatball sub, which was large and quite good. My only real complaint about it was that the sauce was a bit more bland than I usually like, although that probably was somewhat because it normally comes with onions, which I had them exclude as they tend to upset my stomach. The sandwich was still tasty, though, and the somewhat underspiced sauce could be helped with some salt and pepper. Others in our party had the lasagna and the spaghetti and all were generally pleased with the food.

The service was actually quite outstanding that evening. The waitress was very attentive, the food was served quickly, and they were very prompt with drink refills. We ate at one of the outside tables and it really is one of the nicest (and most peaceful) spots in the resort to dine.

We haven't made it back there since that visit, but I'm kind of getting a taste for it again... :)

-Jeff

melmel
09-28-2005, 10:52 AM
Service at the Trat is often bad because there's so little business that hosts and servers are discouraged by lack of incentive to do well. If you had a full station of five tables with only one table seated, wouldn't you be less likely to offer good service? The servers there just don't expect to make good tips, so they don't give good tip-making service. :|