PDA

View Full Version : The week before Christmas...[Wheelchair-friendly hotels?]

canadasunflower
09-27-2005, 07:24 AM
Well, being from Canada, trips to Disneyland don't come around very often, but it's looking like 10 of us will be making the trip at Christmas 2007! I have a few questions that I hope all of you wonderfull 'padders can help me out with.

We are looking at being in the park December 22,23,24,25th. How busy has it been during these days in the past? We don't want it to be too crazy, but Christmas is the only time that all of us will be able to go.

Is there a reasonably priced hotel with suites within walking distance of Disneyland? The hotel either has to be really close or have a free shuttle, as my 78 (at that point) year-old Grandma won't be able to do long distances walking (yes we are planning on renting a wheelchair when we get there).

Or, are there any hotels with at least a fridge and a microwave in this area?

Thank you so much for all of your help. I need this information in order to convince everyone that this is a good idea, and project approximate costs.

09-28-2005, 04:33 AM
Okay, we need a off-property hotel very close because one of the party will have a wheelchair. Who can help?

stan4d_steph
09-28-2005, 05:42 AM
Here's a recent thread discussing the best suite or family hotel near DL (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=47833).

It will be very busy on Christmas day, and since Dec. 25 is on a Sunday, I can imagine that Dec. 24 will also be very busy. The 23rd and 24th will likely not be as crowded.