PDA

View Full Version : Where around the park... cheap case of water?

Pages : [1] 2

RemainSeatedPlease
09-26-2005, 10:23 PM
We are flying this time on our miles :D ...but the yucky thing is that means we can't bring a big case of cheaper than the park bottled water...so my mom was thinking we could have the taxi from the aiport stop at a store so we can buy a case? Should we do that (worth it with extra taxi time $$)...it seems like a good idea, but where? -thanks

Andrew
09-26-2005, 10:33 PM
We are flying this time on our miles :D ...but the yucky thing is that means we can't bring a big case of cheaper than the park bottled water...so my mom was thinking we could have the taxi from the aiport stop at a store so we can buy a case? Should we do that (worth it with extra taxi time $$)...it seems like a good idea, but where? -thanks
I suggest the Target (http://target.com/target_group/storelocator/map.jhtml?link=mqDetailMapPage&screen=mqDetailMapPage&POI1name=Garden+Grove+Harbor+Target&POI1streetaddress=12100+Harbor+Blvd&POI1city=Garden+Grove&POI1state=CA&POI1zip=92840-4004&orig_iconid=556&POI1country=US+&POI1var2=%3Cb%3EPhone%3A+%3C%2Fb%3E%28714%29+971-4826%3Cbr%3E%3Cb%3EHours%3A+%3C%2Fb%3EMon-Sat+8am+to+10pm+Sun+8am+to+9pm%3Cbr%3E%3Cb%3EPharm acy+Phone%3A+%3C%2Fb%3E%28714%29+971-0197%3Cbr%3E%3Cb%3EPharmacy+Hours%3A+%3C%2Fb%3EMon-Fri+9am+to+9pm+Sat+9am+to+6pm+Sun+9am+to+6pm%3Cbr% 3E&POI1var3=%3Cb%3E1-Hr+Photo+Lab+Phone%3A+%3C%2Fb%3E%28714%29+971-4826+%3Cbr%3E%3Cb%3E1-Hr+Photo+Lab+Hours%3A+%3C%2Fb%3EMon-Sat+9am+to+9pm+Sun+10am+to+8pm%3Cbr%3E&level=9&width=450&height=337&POI1iconid=92271&POI1lat=337875&POI1lng=-1179136&SUBMIT1=Detailed+Map%21) store at 12100 Harbor Blvd (cross street is Chapman) in Garden Grove. It's just two miles south (http://maps.google.com/maps?spn=0.033879,0.050880&saddr=1313+Harbor+Blvd,+Anaheim,+CA&daddr=12100+Harbor+Blvd,+Garden+Grove,+CA+92840&hl=en) of Disneyland, and they have cheap bottled water as well as everything else you forgot or couldn't bring with you.

09-27-2005, 04:39 AM
And while you're checking out at Target, that taxi meter is tick, tick, ticking away ...

I say get refillable nalgene bottles or camelpaks and pack them in your suitcase. Anaheim water is fine.

disneyhound
09-27-2005, 05:26 AM
And while you're checking out at Target, that taxi meter is tick, tick, ticking away ...

I say get refillable nalgene bottles or camelpaks and pack them in your suitcase. Anaheim water is fine.

Anaheim water is fine? It won't harm you, but it tastes like you are drinking from an old boot. The city bus runs up and down Harbor Blvd, no problem getting to Target and back in short order... Viva la plastic water bottles!

stan4d_steph
09-27-2005, 06:10 AM
There's also the option of one of those travel Brita filters. The charcoal filter will remove any of the "yucky" taste from the water.

Whittibo
09-27-2005, 06:22 AM
What hotel are you staying at? Our hotel will go shopping for us. :)
I know my cousin who lives in Lakewood, she orders her groceries online at Safeway or something.. Maybe there's something in Anaheim that does that?? Not sure if they deliver to hotels or not.

My sister in law flew her first year, and she walked to the store, and got a taxi back. If all you need is water, I would just buy the bottles in a corner store. You'll pay more, but the cost of a taxi might end up being more then the water is worth.

If you want the taxi to stop.. just ask him where the nearest store is. Something like Target, or Food4Less or Albertsons.. you want something that's on your way so it doesn't cost you MORE.

bassett1976
09-27-2005, 07:38 AM
May I add that you can ask for a cup of water at any counter service location and get a free cup of water. If you just ask for water, you will be charged for the bottle of water. Then you wouldn't have to worry about leaving DLR at all.

potterphreak
09-27-2005, 08:26 AM
www.safeway.com or www.vons.com

they deliver all groceries. :-)

BalooNumberTwo
09-27-2005, 08:33 AM
If you want the taxi to stop.. just ask him where the nearest store is. Something like Target, or Food4Less or Albertsons.. you want something that's on your way so it doesn't cost you MORE.

that brings up a good question...target, has most grocery store items, but Is there a albertsons or large grocery store around and accesible via bus. And how safe is it to ride the bus in the evening. DL closes one night we are there at 8. i could ride the bus to the store then and get items for the next day or something.

One more thing what the name of the metro bus company that runs down there so i can find out the routes and cost...

nevermind just found the answer in another post, posted at the same time i posted this.

parkitohac
09-27-2005, 09:21 AM
I don't mean to be cheap... :D but I like to buy cases of water at the 99cents store. You can buy those gallon jugs for 99cents or 6 regular bottles for 99 cents. I checked and the closest one is 2.3 miles away on the cross streets of Lincoln and St. College.
2270 E. Lincoln Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92806
714-491-8999

tlovesdis
09-27-2005, 09:59 AM
When we flew in December, I actually packed a 12 pack of the Dasani smaller bottles in my suitcase!

Darkbeer
09-27-2005, 10:16 AM
The closest Grocery Store is a Food4Less on Katella, about 1 mile west of the DLR.

OCTA Route 50 goes down Katella, runs about every half-hour.

An easy way to get to a 99 cents store is to take the OCTA route 43 south down Harbor to Garden Grove Blvd., there is a 99 cents store on the Southwest corner, and a few more blocks south is an Albertson's on the left side.

Alex S.
09-27-2005, 11:18 AM
There is also a Wal-Mart one exit north of Disneyland on I-5. Really, I'd just tell the cab driver what you want and go with his suggestion.

For the added expense of the cab stop, though, it would be just as easy to stop by the 7-11 on the corner of Harbor and Katella and buy a couple gallons of water, a couple small bottles of water and refill the small bottles from the large bottles.

Whether Anaheim tap water is acceptable for consumption probably depends on what the tap water is like where you live. I've always lived in places with good tap water and wouldn't touch Anaheim tap water unless it was taken down to near freezing. Now that I am starting to get used to Dublin, CA, tap water I have less issue with Anaheim tap water (I even used one of the in park drinking fountains last weekend).

Another Dimension
09-27-2005, 11:30 AM
I don't mean to be cheap... :D but I like to buy cases of water at the 99cents store. You can buy those gallon jugs for 99cents or 6 regular bottles for 99 cents. I checked and the closest one is 2.3 miles away on the cross streets of Lincoln and St. College.
2270 E. Lincoln Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92806
714-491-8999

That be the place to go!

That . 99 has milk too.
Whole, 2%, nonfat... 40 oz's for .99!

All hail the .99!

Alex S.
09-27-2005, 11:41 AM
That be the place to go!

That . 99 has milk too.
Whole, 2%, nonfat... 40 oz's for .99!

All hail the .99!

Ah yes, 2003 was a very good year for milk.

I know that's not true. I just find that I can't convince myself to buy any food item that is not processed into an eternal shelf life. I just don't trust what must have happened that someone is selling a $3 gallon of milk or a $2.00 loaf of bread for $.99.

Another Dimension
09-27-2005, 02:55 PM
Ah yes, 2003 was a very good year for milk.

I know that's not true. I just find that I can't convince myself to buy any food item that is not processed into an eternal shelf life. I just don't trust what must have happened that someone is selling a $3 gallon of milk or a $2.00 loaf of bread for $.99.

It all meets the legal dates and tastes good to me. Why pay excessively more for the same milk or bread? Other than maybe distance convenience?
Luxury tax? None for me thanks. :cool:

The 3 liter Shasta bottles are .99 and are exactly like the ones for $1.29 at Stater Bros and even more at Albertsons and Ralphs.
Why pay more for the exact same food or drinks?

This is a real .99 Store. Not a Mom & Pops .98+ with nearly expired everything. I don't get why some people love to spend more money needlessly for some items. Are they rich?

RemainSeatedPlease
09-27-2005, 03:05 PM
Wow, lots more replys than i expected, thanks guys! We'll prolly ask the cab driver what he thinks (and he'll say...well there is one 20 miles from here :~D ..lol) or the 7-11 is a good idea, Harbor and Katella is walkin distance right? (we don't mind walkin a few blocks)

What hotel are you staying at? Our hotel will go shopping for us. :)

We're staying at Grand Cali! yay!!

MuckaMowie
09-27-2005, 03:11 PM
not quite finished with replys yet. . . I get one water bottle to take to the park. I bought that cool bottle lanyard so I'm not schleping water all over the place! When I'm empty, I go to the baby center in DL and refill with filtered, COLD water out of the dispenser! (we're NOT talking drinking fountain here, folks, it's like "water cooler" water!) :)

Total cost: one water bottle

janell
09-27-2005, 03:42 PM
When I went to WDW, I found it cheeper to have a town car pick us up and they would stop by a store so we could get things like bottled water. Maybe you could see what a town car might cost you here and that way there would be a meter chicking away while you shop.

Have a great trip. :)

disneyhound
09-27-2005, 05:33 PM
...Why pay excessively more for the same milk or bread? Other than maybe distance convenience?
Luxury tax? None for me thanks... Are they rich?
I think those who visit DL and stay on-property with concierge pampering, don't relate to you, but a lot of us do... Interesting that the padder who started this thread is staying at the Grand Californian, maybe that busted the budget.

Rhiannon8404
09-27-2005, 06:04 PM
I think those who visit DL and stay on-property with concierge pampering, don't relate to you, but a lot of us do... Interesting that the padder who started this thread is staying at the Grand Californian, maybe that busted the budget.

You know it is interesting the choices people make. It is foreign to me that someone could stay at GCH and then worry about the cost of water. But then I'm sure a lot of people don't understand my choice of Quarter Horse as a pet.

RemainSeatedPlease
09-27-2005, 07:11 PM

It did bust the budget, this is my grandma and my parents combined 18th bday present for me. And it's no use to waste money on water in the park at ridiculous prices...even if someone is rich..which we are not

Baloo
09-27-2005, 08:51 PM
It did bust the budget, this is my grandma and my parents combined 18th bday present for me. And it's no use to waste money on water in the park at ridiculous prices...even if someone is rich..which we are not

Like someone said, just go to any counter restuarant or eatery and ask for a cup of water. They are free ad have ice and i also have bought plastic drinking waters from you neighborhod market and just refill it in the first aid building near the hub. The water there is filtered and very cold and FREE

But if you want to have some water in your room take the OCTA like someone suggested to the nearest market. There are plety of them in the vicinity and at the same time pick up some snacks.

I wouldn't have the taxi take you it could end up being expensive. Taxis here in southern california are pretty much a luxury since you don't see them in abundance like other major cities.

adriennek
09-27-2005, 09:25 PM
You know it is interesting the choices people make. It is foreign to me that someone could stay at GCH and then worry about the cost of water.

I know some people who live in a home in a zip code that is very affluent. They could afford to stay at the Grand Californian Concierge Level anytime they wanted to. (Although if they decided to, they'd budget for it anyway. And usually they don't go for such lavish accomodations. Best Western is fine by them. They stay in nicer places on occasion but not regularly.) Part of the reason that they're in that position today is that they carefully budget.

I visit them regularly. Driving through their neighborhood I often see cars that have lower value than many of the cars in my neighborhood.

It's all about priorities. Everyone prioritizes differently.

I would probably walk to 7-11 myself. Maybe I'd take a bus to Target. I like to go to a grocery store on my vacations too.

Adrienne

Another Dimension
09-27-2005, 09:58 PM
Ahh yes, I forgot to add in my reply, have a great trip. :)