PDA

View Full Version : Monday In The Park With Opus

Opus1guy
09-26-2005, 07:40 PM
Greetings from the Carnation Restaurant (or whatever it's called now) on Main Street!

The restaurant is closed and so is Disneyland, but I'm sitting at a table on the patio having just let my guests for the day loose upon the last minute shopping throngs in the Main Street shops, which are open an additional hour for "our enjoyment." ;)

A beautiful day at Disneyland today, but I thought very busy for a Monday. Lines were fairly long at times but we worked the Fastpass thing to maximum advantage, so we got on most of the biggies without waiting. We had a wonderful lunch at a very un-crowded Club 33. Picked up a couple more of the new Boyer Club 33 lithos for myself which they now have the unsold ones for sale in the merchandise case for $133 each. They also had the Club 33 mouse ears for $15 and the Club 33 nametag pin for $33. My party bought most of this stuff and more (shirts, wine coolers, pens, etc, etc). The merchandise bill was about 3X what lunch and drinks cost! :)

They also dropped a few bucks on Print-On-Demand stuff at The Disney Gallery. That was a real pain without package pickup and had to haul it all to the Grand Californian to drop it all off at Bell Services for storage, as those long tubes just don't seem to fit in the lockers very well.

In the afternoon crossed over to the park that used to be the Parking Lot, and just walked on Tower, Soarin, Bug, and anything else we wanted to go on. We didn't do Grizzly so I don't know if that might have had a line. They really liked Crush even though their English wasn't so good (they are friends from outside the U.S.).

Then we went back to Disneyland for more adventures and attractions along with fried chicken dinner at the French Market. Club 33 was booked for the evening for a private party by USBank's investment group. I know who it was as they had a big sign sitting out on Royal Street at the Club's door.

As soon as they get their shopping done it's over to visit Michael Jordon at Napa for some wine recommendations and wine flights.

And what a beautiful evening it is right now.

Just a nice day touring guests around the park, that were really excited to be there and were really enjoying themselves.

And that's always a nice thing. :)

Mommy2NicknMax
09-26-2005, 08:02 PM
Wow Opus! What a great report! I'm glad you all had a great day at the park!

I Heart Disneyland!
09-26-2005, 08:08 PM
OPUS! Those $15.00 mouse ears from Club 33 are being sold on Ebay for $50.00!!! Sheesh! :eek: Glad you had a nice day, it sounds amazing. Can't wait to get there next week myself!

Opus1guy
09-26-2005, 08:26 PM
Greetings now from the Hearthstone Lounge at the GCH (and their comp Wi-Fi). They decided they didn't want wine so we're here sipping Sidecars instead with them looking over my shoulders at this crazy bulletin board I post on.

They say to tell you all, "Hi!" Crazy Germans. I think it's going to be long (but fun) night. ;)

:)

Andrew
09-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Greetings from the Carnation Restaurant (or whatever it's called now) on Main Street!
What sort of Internet access are you using from Carnation?

Opus1guy
09-26-2005, 10:36 PM
What sort of Internet access are you using from Carnation?

Verizon BroadbandAccess. Clocked 642-720 kbps tonight from inside Disneyland. Verizon's hi-speed BroadbandAccess EVDO network coverage is pretty good in the park, except inside some of the bunkered attraction buildings.