PDA

View Full Version : Call for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders

Pages : [1] 2 3

AVP
09-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Received from Disneyland:

Are you a Mouseketeer?

What: A limited number of Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders are needed to participate in a special event. The special event will commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Mickey Mouse Club and will take place at the Sleeping Beauty Castle forecourt. Annual Passholders will be accommodated on a first come, first served basis.

When: Monday, October 3, 2005
6:00am-10:30am

Who: Annual Passholders
Annual Passholders must be 18 years of age. This event requires standing for an extended amount of time and the ability to hold light production props.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

How do I sign up?
Click the link or e-mail your name and Annual Passholder number to dlr.press.event.res.center@disney.com.

Where do I park?
Please park as directed in the Timon Parking lot. The Timon parking lot can be accessed from Harbor Blvd.

What time do I arrive?
The parking lot opens at 5:00am with the gates opening at 6:00am. Please arrive early as we will only accommodate the first 900 guests.

What time do you stop taking participants?
We will close the gates at 7:00am or when we have received 900 participants, whichever comes first.

Where do I check-in?
Check-in will be at the Disneyland Main Entrance – near the Kennel Club.

Do I get paid to participate in this event?
No. This is a volunteer event to be done on your own time. Each person will receive breakfast, Mickey Mouse ears, and a commemorative limited edition certificate of participation.

Can I bring a guest that does not have an annual pass?
No. You must have a valid Anuual Pass in order to participate.

Do I have to stay the entire time?
Yes. After you have checked in, there will be an event rehearsal for your volunteer assignment. Your volunteer shift will end at approximately 10:30am.

What do I need to bring?
- Your Annual Pass
- You will be moving in between locations and you will need to have your hands free of personal belongings. We ask that you bring as little as possible with you. A mini black backpack (approx. 8” w x 12” h) is appropriate, anything larger you will be asked to take it back to your car. There will not be a secured storage location for you to leave anything unattended.

What should I wear?
- Black, long pants
- Dark comfortable shoes – you will be standing for an extended period of time
- Event T-Shirt will be provided at the event
- Light weight jacket or sweatshirt – must be able to tie around your waist

Can I bring a camera?
No. Cameras and/or video recording of any kind is strictly prohibited, including the use of camera phones, during this event.

Whittibo
09-26-2005, 05:31 PM
WOW.. anything like this happen before?? what exactly do you do? I am very curious as I am an early riser and my family isn't. My husband could stay in bed/at the hotel with our kids and I could attend.. ahhhh.. I want to know MORE!!!

ToursbabeC3po
09-26-2005, 05:36 PM
That is a cheap way to get around extras LOL.
The answer is yes they have done this before with APers and cast members. They almost never use extras.
Toursbabe

Whittibo
09-26-2005, 05:47 PM
I would be willing to be an extra.. do they fill up quickly? I know 900 seems like a lot, but I bet there's loads of people willing to do this. Is it a film? I am a chicken, but this just sounds like to much fun to NOT do.

One problem I have is I don't have "dark shoes".. :s Would I need to buy some? What if I buy some and they get 900 before I get in? :(

Oh I am SUCH a tourist..

Tinker Bell
09-26-2005, 06:04 PM
Does signing in by email mean we are in?

Whittibo
09-26-2005, 06:06 PM
I sent an email and it was returned. :(

Tinker Bell
09-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Get rid of the . at the end I was having the same problem.

Whittibo
09-26-2005, 06:14 PM
I did. That's the first thing I checked. :(
I'll try again. THANKS.

dingdong2U
09-26-2005, 06:50 PM
When I tried sending an e-mail, it bounced back saying that the e-mail address (i.e. dlrresctr@disney.com) was INVALID (doesn't exist).

Hopefully AVP will be able to contact someone at Disney and find out what the correct e-mail address is.

Depending on what they have planned, this might be a fun thing to do. And hey, you get a FREE BREAKFAST!!! ;-)

--- Mike

TDBearGrrl
09-26-2005, 06:54 PM
This does sound like a lot of fun! I tried sending an email as well. It hasn't bounced back yet. The post mentions an email link ... I am going to be stayig at the resort and this would be perfect! We won't have to get up and drive. :o)

AVP
09-26-2005, 06:58 PM
This does sound like a lot of fun! I tried sending an email as well. It hasn't bounced back yet. The post mentions an email link ... I am going to be stayig at the resort and this would be perfect! We won't have to get up and drive. :o)Yet there wasn't a link in the e-mail I was sent.

I'm contacting the person at Disney who sent this to me to see if they can give me a better address to use.

AVP

TDBearGrrl
09-26-2005, 07:01 PM
Thanks for getting to the bottom of this one AVP!!!

:o)

Tinker Bell
09-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Yes thank you I look in my junk box and it sent it back for me two :(

Refresh refresh refresh I am now bitting my nails

Mousetrap
09-26-2005, 08:11 PM
If anyone from northern california wants to go I would carpool down sunday night late. Maybe we could get an ap rate on a room. Split gas and room, just a thought, maybe theres someone crazy like me.

TowerofTerror
09-26-2005, 08:20 PM
cool well i would do it except i lost my pass and cant get it back

olegc
09-26-2005, 09:47 PM
i know - only an hour later - but the email still bounces!

Tinker Bell
09-26-2005, 10:28 PM
Ap site says the same. I hope i get three spaces. I have the hubby right on it in the morn.nite nite ya'll

Leli
09-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Poop. I would love to do this but my dear boyfriend is not 18 yet. He would be mad if I went without him. Sigh.

MrTomMorrow
09-26-2005, 11:45 PM
Anyone know what this special event entails?

Whittibo
09-27-2005, 05:31 AM
WHEW.. I had a huge thunder storm come through here last night and had to shut everything down. It was driving me crazy not being able to check this. I am excited about it, and WANT to do it, but boy do I chicken out easily, especially when I don't know ANYONE, and am doing something I know nothing about. Heck I chicken out on most things. LOL

ppmuse
09-27-2005, 07:11 AM
Was so excited didn't even look to see if it was anywhere else. Thanks for catching it. Sounds cool. Can't wait to hear about it.

TDBearGrrl
09-27-2005, 07:22 AM
I sent another email this morning from the website and it still bounced back. There is still no other link in the content of the page.

Still waiting...

AVP
09-27-2005, 08:31 AM
Still waiting...Me too... I'll post the corrected address as soon as someone sends it to me. :D

AVP

olegc
09-27-2005, 08:58 AM
hmm - let's see - hurried announcement about an event, get everyone all excited, prepare marketing text and ways to get folks to come on out.... and then at the last minute announce the plan has changed....

Or the email link was mispelled (a la pins)

Or they STILL need a new IT manager (a la the hacked kiosk).

FEMA west anyone?

Tinker Bell
09-27-2005, 09:04 AM
I could not take it any longer I am on hold with Disney now and the lady is looking into it for me.

Ok well that was no help she said they have been told nothing bout such event.I left a mess on the AP # so hopefully they will call back.Now it is just another wanting game. Refresh refresh refresh :(