PDA

View Full Version : Great Rates on Tickets - Who's Going First?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

HydroGuy
09-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Today's MousePlanet DLR Park Update - http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr050926.htm - lists special rates for the Blizzard Entertainment conference. Tickets must be used by Dec. 15. I want to buy one-day parkhopper tickets for our day trip in November. But I am too chicken to buy them because this deal sounds too good to be true - for people like me not going to the Blizzard conference. So, if anyone out there is braver than I am (a low hurdle) I would be interested if this is a "for real" deal. I'm not implying that MousePlanet made a mistake, but I would like to see someone else go first. Has anyone tried this yet?

Sincerely,

Cowardly HydroGuy :confused:

DangerMouse
09-26-2005, 03:32 PM
Oh man, I think I need to use this discount. We are returning to DL in December. My dh and two older kids and I all have APs. My youngest is turning 3 and will need a 4-day parkhopper. This is too good a deal to pass up. But I'm chicken like Hydro. Anyone else wanna go first?

Mommy2NicknMax
09-26-2005, 03:53 PM
*If* I was in need of tickets, I would purchase these. If you go to the BlizzCon website you can find all this info. Seems perfectly fine to me.

Chiidesu
09-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Agh my boyfriend and I are making two trips to disneyland, less than 3 weeks apart!! x_x Hopefully, we can save some money to spend on something else with this deal, I am really excited!! :D We will try to buy them asap, I just hope we don't have to show a pass from the convention to enter...

So wait, does anybody know if we have to register and go on a specific date? Or do we just have to use it before December 16?

Mommy2NicknMax
09-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Here's (https://secure.hes-services.com/DLR/BlizzCon.htm) the site. There is a contact at the bottom if anyone has any questions. But this looks like it's for everyone. Not just people attending the Conference.

kagemusha
09-27-2005, 10:55 AM
We just purchased five day tickets for our whole family (and extended family). One word of caution though--although the site does not make it explicit, the tickets are not shipped until October 19. If you are planning on going prior to that time (as we are) you are in for a nasty shock (after you have confirmed payment) to have the screen pop up saying "Your tickets will be mailed on October 19." Thankfully, we were able to contact someone in customer relations and explain that we were planning on being at Disneyland on October 15. She said "no problem" and arranged for our tickets to be shipped earlier. Needless to say, for the intervening few hours I was in a huge panic thinking I had purchased $1,200 worth of tickets that wouldn't get here in time. So for those of you wondering, the deal is just as good as advertised.

kagemusha
09-29-2005, 07:21 AM
Just as an update. Our tickets arrived yesterday just as promised. We will be heading to the park in a little more than a week. I can't wait. Oh, and I am sure the kids will have fun too. :D

HydroGuy
09-29-2005, 07:58 AM
Just as an update. Our tickets arrived yesterday just as promised. We will be heading to the park in a little more than a week. I can't wait. Oh, and I am sure the kids will have fun too. :DDo they look like actual DL tickets issued by DL with the mag strip on the back, etc? Do they say they are from the "Blizzard" conference on the ticket? Was there any information on the ticket itself or on a separate document that said they must be used by Dec. 15? Just curious.

azlaura
09-29-2005, 12:08 PM
I was wondering that too! Are the tickets normal, or is there something different about them? I want to save the money but do not want to get tickets I can't use.
Thanks

Mark Mywords
09-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Hey, just wondering...
For those of you who ordered these, did you get a confirmation email?

My mother-in-law is coming along with us in December. She was grumbling about having to purchase a 3rd day (when we'd only be in the park until noon), so this seemed the perfect antidote to that complaint. I placed the order a few days ago, but no confirm email...

kaylaashleymom
09-29-2005, 12:44 PM
I too purchased 4 tickets two days ago, and did not receive any conf. e-mails. I did call and leave a message just to ensure that I can use these tickets when we go to DL the first week of December. I have not heard anything just yet....

kagemusha
09-29-2005, 03:25 PM
Hydroguy/Azlaura: Yes they do look like the regular tickets. We bought an assortment because some of the family can only stay three days, some are children's tickets etc. In any event I remember that there were pictures of two different rides on two types of tickets, there was a "Disneyland's 50th Anniversary" (or something similar) printed over a blue background on the other ones. (Sorry I can't be more specific, I am at work and the tickets are at home). They had the magnetic strip and signature line on the back, etc.

There is no reference to the "Blizzard" conference on them (that I recall). On the back of the ticket itself there was an expiration date for the ticket. I don't recall what the specific expiration date was, presumably in December, I just know it was after we are going (I can check when I get home though).

Bigugly/Kaylaashleymom: We did not get a confirming e-mail. Just the popup screen at the end of the ordering process which we printed (kind of like a receipt). We spoke with someone in customer relations in order to have the tickets sent earlier (see my earlier post and imagine the brief panic that we endured thinking we just bought tickets we would not receive until after our trip).

All in all the deal is as good as promised. And as an added bonus, in case you didn't notice in the original announcement, for each ticket you purchase you get a coupon for 20% off merchandise purchases over $100 (subject to certain exceptions) at specified Disney-owned stores at the Resort. I now am the proud owner of 12 coupons, anybody need one?

SeattleRedBear
09-29-2005, 03:33 PM
Oh, Man!! I just purchased my park hoppers from AAA literally two hours ago. AAAGH! I assume this ticket includes ESPNZone game card and early entry??

kagemusha
09-29-2005, 03:41 PM
SeattleRedBear: Nope, the tickets in this deal do not include the game card or early entry (as far as I know. At least nothing on the tickets themselves indicate that you can use them for early entry). Wave at me from Fantasyland while I am still stuck behind the rope. Harrumph.

SeattleRedBear
09-29-2005, 03:49 PM
SeattleRedBear: Nope, the tickets in this deal do not include the game card or early entry (as far as I know. At least nothing on the tickets themselves indicate that you can use them for early entry). Wave at me from Fantasyland while I am still stuck behind the rope. Harrumph.
Thanks for letting me save at least a bit of pride. I would think if the tickets could be used for early entry that they would say as much. But you'll have the money to buy more things (early entry has never interested my partner as he's a night person by nature and it's hard to roust him out even for one magic morning...plus he'd rather have shopping time than going for the 10th time on Peter Pan). Have fun!!!

Rykdean
09-30-2005, 11:16 AM
Hey kagemusha, how did you reach customer service? I'm in the same boat as you, I need the tickets shipped earlier. I keep calling the phone number and the extension takes me to a voice mail. I've left two messages with no call back yet. Did she actually call you back or did you reach her directly? I'm in that 'anxious' stage waiting to hear if they can actually ship them early. :eek:

Hydroguy/Azlaura: Yes they do look like the regular tickets. We bought an assortment because some of the family can only stay three days, some are children's tickets etc. In any event I remember that there were pictures of two different rides on two types of tickets, there was a "Disneyland's 50th Anniversary" (or something similar) printed over a blue background on the other ones. (Sorry I can't be more specific, I am at work and the tickets are at home). They had the magnetic strip and signature line on the back, etc.

There is no reference to the "Blizzard" conference on them (that I recall). On the back of the ticket itself there was an expiration date for the ticket. I don't recall what the specific expiration date was, presumably in December, I just know it was after we are going (I can check when I get home though).

Bigugly/Kaylaashleymom: We did not get a confirming e-mail. Just the popup screen at the end of the ordering process which we printed (kind of like a receipt). We spoke with someone in customer relations in order to have the tickets sent earlier (see my earlier post and imagine the brief panic that we endured thinking we just bought tickets we would not receive until after our trip).

All in all the deal is as good as promised. And as an added bonus, in case you didn't notice in the original announcement, for each ticket you purchase you get a coupon for 20% off merchandise purchases over $100 (subject to certain exceptions) at specified Disney-owned stores at the Resort. I now am the proud owner of 12 coupons, anybody need one?

NoAngelx
09-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Funny...I actually ordered these tickets last week before I even joined this board..lol

My tickets are on the way to me here in Canada as we speak!

I called the company to double check on them the other day and everything was fine.

They did tell me that there is NO confirmation email, Just the pop up reciept to print out!

Crazy4DL
09-30-2005, 01:38 PM
Do you all think these tickets would be able to be turned in and the $ amount put towards an AP like any other hopper ticket?

DangerMouse
09-30-2005, 01:44 PM
Do you all think these tickets would be able to be turned in and the $ amount put towards an AP like any other hopper ticket?

I'm sure they would. The price paid will be on the back of the ticket, so you will just have to pay the difference like any other park hopper.

Crazy4DL
09-30-2005, 01:57 PM
I'm sure they would. The price paid will be on the back of the ticket, so you will just have to pay the difference like any other park hopper.

Thanks!!! :)

kagemusha
09-30-2005, 03:28 PM
Rykdean: I got through on the first try with the phone number. Maybe I was just lucky. They were very helpful and we did get the tickets shortly thereafter. Perhaps if you tried an e-mail follow up in conjunction with the phone messages? Just a suggestion.

kaylaashleymom
10-01-2005, 06:32 AM
Just wondering for those who have received these tickets - We're going Dec. 2-8th, is there anything on the tickets that would not allow us to use them on these dates? Blackouts, etc...? I know they expire on Dec. 16th. Just wondering....

azlaura
10-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Its me again....I was wondering what date these tickets expire on, were you able to take a look once you got home? Also it doesn't ask for convention ID does it? Just curious:)
Thanks...

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-01-2005, 01:10 PM
My DH is only able to meet us for 2 of the days for our week trip in November. So he will not be renewing his AP. I was not looking forward to paying $109 for a 2 day hopper for him. This deal is awesome, just not sure if I am brave enough to get his ticket from there. Hmmmm. Anyone else received their tickets yet?

rentayenta
10-01-2005, 01:11 PM

That is exactly what I was going to ask. Cool beans! I am downloading the site as I type. :D