PDA

View Full Version : Imagine! Fireworks at Disneyland

Mickey
09-26-2005, 02:10 PM
Ok I saw online a video called Imagine and it says it's a firework show from 2004 that was later replaced with Remember...

When did "IMAGINE" show? I mean I bought my annual pass in August 2004 been going since then and never heard of it...
Can you help me ? Thanks!

Mommy2NicknMax
09-26-2005, 02:49 PM
I recall seeing it last August while we were there.

Mickey
09-26-2005, 02:50 PM
I recall seeing it last August while we were there.

That's strange... I remember the castle closed for refurbishment the whole month. Thanks anyway ;)

Mommy2NicknMax
09-26-2005, 02:54 PM
That's strange... I remember the castle closed for refurbishment the whole month. Thanks anyway ;)
They still had fireworks even though the castle was covered up.

TowerofTerror
09-26-2005, 02:56 PM
I remember seeing the show too Ive been an premium annual passholder since May 2002

StonePrincess
09-26-2005, 05:45 PM
I think it ran for the summer (and maybe fall) of 2004 only.
Because in April of 2004 Belive...There's Magic in the Stars was running. (I know because one of my friends wanted to see it, but he was the only one and we were only there for a day.) Then in the summer it went to Imagine. (I remeber it because I was upset that I wouldn't get to see Belive one more time before the New 50th Fireworks.) I don't know about after the Holiday season in 2004. That was my last time there before my August trip. And in August the 50th has started!
Hope that helped. :)

Vegitabeta
09-27-2005, 04:40 AM
I was there August 04 when the castle was covered up...I guess I saw Imagine 'cos it rings a bell...

I've seen so many I get mixed up :confused:

Another Dimension
09-27-2005, 11:53 AM
Ok I saw online a video called Imagine and it says it's a firework show from 2004 that was later replaced with Remember...

When did "IMAGINE" show? I mean I bought my annual pass in August 2004 been going since then and never heard of it...
Can you help me ? Thanks!

"Believe There's Magic in the Stars" ran until just before Spring Break 2004.

At that time Disney started testing their newly patented air-launched fireworks system.
Disney then ran 'Believe" thru Spring Break 2004 .... and truthfully it was pretty weak. For some reason.

The shooting stars had absolutely no arch, they were just angled halfway between horizontal and vertical. And the rest of the show was really just 'eh' compared to the previous years of classic "Believe" shows.
It was still a good show IMO, and still got some healthy crowd cheers and the always cool oohs and ahhs, but for anyone who had seen it before, it wasn't the classic "Believe" really.

Summer 2004 (June thru Labor Day) Disney ran "Disney's: Imagine a Fantasy in the Sky".
Which was pretty much 1/3 the classic "Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks" music (the intro), 1/3 Princess themes and other (rarely used) Disney classic melodies (some with lyrics) and 1/3 Believe music near the end and it's related pyro.
The "Imagine" audio was then (a few months) later, edited down a few seconds, when Tink went on her pre-"Rememeber" vacation and the music from her flight was cleverly removed from the soundtrack.