PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic! Notes And Changes

LIMANDL4EVA
03-01-2002, 06:06 PM
In the latest issue of Disney magazine, it stated that FANTASMIC! would return in summer 2002.
Second of all, does anybody know what kinda of changes we should expect, if any?
I heard that a major prop for the show was being refurbished...possible URSULA??
and when I rode the Columbia at dusk...I swear to you I saw people working on the pyro barges backstage by the Indian Village. Maybe the show actually is being enhanced, or just being tuned up a bit, afterall it is the ten year anniversary coming up! Im sure Disney would have at least SOMETHING for the tenth anniversary of Fantasmic! Mayber not, but if somebody could shed some light on this?

zapppop
03-01-2002, 08:23 PM
The only major prop that I've seen being refurbished is the croc from peter pan. I doubt anything really big will happen come June14th. Just expect the show to return as is that way if nothing is enhanced, at least you won't be disappointed.

bluepearl
03-01-2002, 09:24 PM
When I was at Disneyland last summer, I didn't even realize that Ursula was gone! I can't wait to see it again. In a way, I'm glad it didn't play all winter season because it's going to mean a lot to me to see it again this winter when we go for my mom's annual birthday trip!

And I still haven't received my Disney magazine that's supposed to come with my Premium AP!

mrfantasmic
03-01-2002, 09:51 PM
I'd also really like to see something happen with the show. Can anyone offer an inside peek at the show?

Nigel2
03-01-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by bluepearl
And I still haven't received my Disney magazine that's
supposed to come with my Premium AP!

Have you called yet about that?

all4thx
03-06-2002, 05:05 PM
I can add that they have spent quite a bit of money fixing and replacing things so it is likely that Ursula will make her return.

Early in the show the croc barge sunk and was out of commission for sometime, but was later fixed and returned.

Here is a quite fact. Fantasmic was officially canned after last summer.

MonorailMan
03-06-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by all4thx
Here is a quite fact. Fantasmic was officially canned after last summer.

No, can't be. It's on Hiatus (sp?), It's coming back. :)

Polar33
03-06-2002, 09:20 PM
Saw a crew doing some work with the show systems the other night. All three light towers were up, plus the two on stage, and a few of the trap doors were open as well. It looked like everybody was just standing around looking at things. At least I know that it hasn't all rusted shut due to lack of use. Then again...perhaps that's what they were all looking at. :D

Sophie832
03-06-2002, 10:06 PM
When I was at the park last weekend, I took a lovely ride on the Mark Twain at night (which everyone should do), and there were the supposedly invisible men in black on rafts. They're definitely doing some work on the Fantasmic sound system, but it is most likely just checking it out and fixing any problems before summer.

I know we already had a long discussion about APs not getting their Disney magazine, but something funny just happened to me. I got my AP in June of last year, and the first time I got Disney magazine in the mail was the most recent issue for Spring 2002. Then, a few days ago, I got the Winter 2001 issue! The previous one...very strange. What made me really mad was I had already bought that magazine, and they seem to think they can send me it 3 months late and call it part of my "free" subscription. I am going to complain about it because I think I deserve the extra issue. Just thought I would share that strange little anecdote with everyone. Disney is apparently looking to save a dime anywhere they can these days.