PDA

View Full Version : ticket prices at the gate

hdlzx2
09-26-2005, 07:32 AM
okay, I just need to know how much it will cost me if I should buy a 3-day hopper pass at the gate?
thanks

potzbie
09-26-2005, 08:21 AM
The ticket prices are listed at the Disneyland web site.
Have you clicked on TICKETS & RESEVARTIONS (then, TICKETS) at "www.disneyland.com"?
The list looks pretty complete to me.

(No six-day listed, but they do list 5, 4, 3, 2, 1-day; and Annual Passes; and "special tickets".)

DaddyB
09-26-2005, 08:24 AM
From my latest photo update (what a coincidence!)

http://www.visionsfantastic.com/daddyb/2005_09_26_Update/07a.gif

shameless plug/link:
http://www.visionsfantastic.com/daddyb/2005_09_26_Update/09_26_Update.htm

Darkbeer
09-26-2005, 09:26 AM
Prices go up January 3rd, 2006...

The 2006 Main Entry Plaza pricing (all prices are Adult/Kids 3 thru 9, and are ParkHoppers)

2-Day $116/$96

3-Day $169/$139

4-Day $199/$169

5-Day $219/$189

DianeM
09-26-2005, 10:28 AM
Did you know that you can buy the tickets on-line more cheaply and pick them up at the gate? They have a "will call" system for people who don't have time to wait for them to mail in tickets. I was going to use that as an option if I didn't have time to stop at AAA on my way to the park.

okay, I just need to know how much it will cost me if I should buy a 3-day hopper pass at the gate?
thanks

garrett240
09-26-2005, 11:32 AM
Can people w/ an Annual Passport buy tickets at a discount? My mom lives in So Cal and has an AP. If you bought them are they disccounted more?

Thanks

DianeM
09-26-2005, 12:00 PM
I used to have an annual pass (not socal). I didn't get any breaks on ticket prices, only a small one for renewing my AP. Depending on the length of your visit and whether you plan on going on blackout days or not, you might be better off if your mother got you another socal annual pass (if she can). The SoCal annual passes are cheaper - but they have a lot of blackout date during which you have to pay extra to go to the park. But I don't think you can get additional Disney discounts beyond those offered on-line (or through AAA - same prices). They seem to have a policy of keeping the prices at similar levels everywhere, probably to discourage people from waiting to go until another "budget" deal comes through.

Can people w/ an Annual Passport buy tickets at a discount? My mom lives in So Cal and has an AP. If you bought them are they disccounted more?

Thanks

Darkbeer
09-26-2005, 12:21 PM

Thanks

On occasion, there are limited time specials, where AP holders get a discount on tickets for friends and relatives. Currently there are no offers scheduled.

Skunker
09-26-2005, 12:37 PM
Ok, I just called DL resort and was told a 5 day hopper at the gate is $209 (adult). The website and Disney store have them for $169.00. The woman I spoke to at DL resort said "well they must be old tickets at that price." I don't think she knew what she was talking about as far as that goes.

In any case, are they really $40.00 more at the gate? Also our hotel said that none of the area hotel sell them like they used to.

Darkbeer
09-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Ok, I just called DL resort and was told a 5 day hopper at the gate is $209 (adult). The website and Disney store have them for $169.00. The woman I spoke to at DL resort said "well they must be old tickets at that price." I don't think she knew what she was talking about as far as that goes.

In any case, are they really $40.00 more at the gate? Also our hotel said that none of the area hotel sell them like they used to.

Yes, the cheapest way to get the tickets are through Advance Purchase. I believe that the Disney Stores sell them at the same price as Disneyland.com. The following discount is for the 2005 and 2006 pricing.

$20 off the gate price for a 3 day

$30 off the gate price for a 4 day

$40 off the gate price for a 5 day

Many Good Neighbor Hotels still sell 3 day ParkHoppers at a discount, they are $15 off the gate price.

Also, looks like a discount will happen for the January thru May 2006 period, where they bring back the kids price for everyone for those who buy in advance.

erica84
09-26-2005, 01:13 PM
In any case, are they really $40.00 more at the gate? Also our hotel said that none of the area hotel sell them like they used to.[/QUOTE]

In my experience, I have found that a few hotels do sell Park Hopper tickets at a slightly discounted rate (like $5-$10 cheaper). Various grocery stores and banks in my area (near Sacramento, CA) also sell the tickets and you can usually get them for about $20 cheaper going that route.

pisces
09-26-2005, 03:26 PM
Yes, the cheapest way to get the tickets are through Advance Purchase. I believe that the Disney Stores sell them at the same price as Disneyland.com. The following discount is for the 2005 and 2006 pricing.

$20 off the gate price for a 3 day

$30 off the gate price for a 4 day

$40 off the gate price for a 5 day

Many Good Neighbor Hotels still sell 3 day ParkHoppers at a discount, they are $15 off the gate price.

Also, looks like a discount will happen for the January thru May 2006 period, where they bring back the kids price for everyone for those who buy in advance.

Don't you need to be a guest at the hotels to buy their Park Tickets?

Or, can anyone just wander into the hotel, and purchase tickets there, whether staying at that hotel or not?

I found it very convenient to purchase my Park Hoppers at check-in, only moments before I entered the Park. They gave me the full-discount. But again, I was a guest........