PDA

View Full Version : RideMax and this October

BalooNumberTwo
09-25-2005, 07:09 PM
Okay everyday i watch my countdown clock get closer and closer to 0:00. I cannot stop thinking that maybe i haven't planned enough, as to how we are going to tour the park. In the beginning the plan was to be leisurely and take our time see what we wanted to see, when we wanted to see it. With all the talk about the conventions going on and the thought of the crowds from the UEA weekend and the halloween event at DCA. I am wondering if i should just purchase ridemax to help me along and minimize the waits in line as much as possible...i have read the other posts on ridemax, and they say that if you are going during the off season, its probably not for you. So...thats it i don't know if its the anticapation is getting to me or what...i just know that i have three days to see everything. I am trying to not stress about it but maybe you all can help me out.

TowerofTerror
09-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Well don't buy ride max. I say go to fantasyland first do the ride first then head over to tomorrow land and ride space mountain then head over to Indiana Jones .If you want send someone to get a fast pass to Indiana Jone or splash mountain first or do those first but my best thing is fantasyland since it always is the busiest. Peter Pan the first ride to do over there

BalooNumberTwo
09-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Well don't buy ride max. I say go to fantasyland first do the ride first then head over to tomorrow land and ride space mountain then head over to Indiana Jones .If you want send someone to get a fast pass to Indiana Jone or splash mountain first or do those first but my best thing is fantasyland since it always is the busiest. Peter Pan the first ride to do over there

Do you think there will be enough time to ride the train all the way around once before we hit fantasyland?

chinamama
09-25-2005, 07:35 PM
See I have been gone too long.... What in the World is RideMax???

Laurie :confused:

HydroGuy
09-25-2005, 07:52 PM
See I have been gone too long.... What in the World is RideMax???RideMax is a planning/scheduling software for DL and DCA. See www.ridemax.com. See my critique here http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=705541#post705541.

emmah
09-25-2005, 10:02 PM
Do you think there will be enough time to ride the train all the way around once before we hit fantasyland?

No. Leave riding the train until you are ready for a break; if you have kids so that fantasyland is a priority, head there straight away (Dumbo should be your first port of call if they want to ride him, if you don't get there in the first 20 minutes it's hellish for the rest of the day) and do those rides. If fantasyland is not such a huge priority, then do a couple of the big ticket rides first up - space mountain, splash, indie or at least get fast passes for them as soon as you can. in my experience, if you get there early (ie half an hour before opening) you'll get so much done in the first few hours that you will be able to kick back and really relax in the afternoons - then head back in the late afternoon for the parades and the fireworks etc. enjoy your holiday! :)

Leap for Joy
09-26-2005, 06:52 AM
RideMax is very affordable and, in my opinion, a fun part of the planning process. I was very knowledgable about when to ride what, but I still learned a lot from using it. I say to buy the 3-month subscription and make a few plans. If you don't need them, cool. If it is busy, you'll be glad you did it. It's less expensive than anything else you'll buy on this trip!

Crazy4DL
09-26-2005, 07:14 AM
RideMax is very affordable and, in my opinion, a fun part of the planning process. I was very knowledgable about when to ride what, but I still learned a lot from using it. I say to buy the 3-month subscription and make a few plans. If you don't need them, cool. If it is busy, you'll be glad you did it. It's less expensive than anything else you'll buy on this trip!

Ditto to that advice!

hlbtimes2
09-26-2005, 09:26 AM
I bought it last week for our upcoming trip (Oct 13-17). Its been really fun to play with and see how many rides we'll be able to do each day. We will probably use it for a couple 1/2 days, but wont be extremely rigid with it. We have plenty of time in the park, so I'm not worried about it to much. I'm using it to try to avoid 6 of us standing around saying "what should we do next?" I hate that more then anything on vacation.