PDA

View Full Version : Will they let us into Disneyland on Oct 1st?

Ward
09-25-2005, 12:30 PM
We're arriving on Oct 1st. We plan to avoid the Disneyland crowds by spending the afternoon/evening at DCA, then hopping over to Disneyland to see Fantasmic and/or the fireworks. Since we're hearing that the crowds will be massive (65K plus), I would expect at some point on Saturday they would close the park.

If they do close the entrances, at what point would they re-open for new/returning guests?

- 4:00pm?
- 6:00pm?
- some pre-set capacity threshold?
- never?

Skunker
09-25-2005, 12:36 PM
We're arriving on Oct 1st. We plan to avoid the Disneyland crowds by spending the afternoon/evening at DCA, then hopping over to Disneyland to see Fantasmic and/or the fireworks. Since we're hearing that the crowds will be massive (65K plus), I would expect at some point on Saturday they would close the park.

If they do close the entrances, at what point would they re-open for new/returning guests?

- never?

Holy cow, where are you getting your information? I will also be there on Oct 1 and have heard nothing of "massive crowds". Did they even close the park on the 50th?? I can't remember, but I don't think so. I have no idea what is happening on Oct 1 that would warrant anything close to that crowd size. If someone does, please fill me in!

hlbtimes2
09-25-2005, 12:44 PM
Holy cow, where are you getting your information? I will also be there on Oct 1 and have heard nothing of "massive crowds". Did they even close the park on the 50th?? I can't remember, but I don't think so. I have no idea what is happening on Oct 1 that would warrant anything close to that crowd size. If someone does, please fill me in!

There are two events that weekend- gay days and the choc (childrens hospital of orange county) walk a thon. The actual walk is on the Oct. 2, but I'm guessing attendance will be up some because people will make a weekend out of the event. However, I still doubt they will see enough people to close the gates down. Its rare that they have to do that.

Skunker
09-25-2005, 01:08 PM
Silly me, got my dates wrong. We'll be there on Oct 2nd...(whoops) so I was thinking that most of the crowd from Gay Days will be at DCA that day. Still hoping that we won't see record breaking attendance though. :)

adriennek
09-25-2005, 01:58 PM

Closing the park happens VERY rarely. V-E-R-Y. And 65K isn't really closing the park level. 50K is (or at least used to be) the point at which they opened the Columbia and is a typical summer high-season day.

They days they MIGHT consider closing are on New Years Eve and on rare occasion, the 4th of July. A weekend in October, even with two events going on, isn't going to be a day that any of the gates get closed. It's just not common at ALL.

Adrienne

Ward
09-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Holy cow, where are you getting your information?From Darkbeer, in a recent thread Crowds this week (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=736510#post736510):

Last Saturday was one of the busiest off-season Saturdays in a long time, about 61,500 folks, about the same size as a July weekend day.

The weekdays (Monday thru Thursday) are light, but the weekends are still bring a lot of folks in.

This weekend, a convention is across the streeet, and about 20,000 folks are expected...

Next weekend (Sept 30th thru Oct 2nd), has a lot of special groups, plus the opening of HMH and the Car Giveaway....

So be prepared for large crowds on the weekends.

Alex S.
09-25-2005, 06:13 PM
I don't know how much it will spike attendance but expect some madness on the 2nd due to the 50 Years of the Mickey Mouse Club merchandise release and events.

The release was originally planned as a hard ticket merchandise event and at some point that got scrapped. So instead it is just another day at the park.

They'll try to cram a discussion panel with original Mouseketeers into Carnation Garden at lunch time on a Sunday. Worse, the merchandise release that normally would have been through RSP is now being done on a first-come first-serve basis. This would be fine if everything were open edition or large limited edition, but among the items are several small edition and one one-of-a-kind item. Should be a lot of fun if you get involved in that and will make for some odd, very long lines to keep an eye on for everybody else.

ILovePoker
09-25-2005, 07:08 PM

- never?

HHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHA! O my god, sorry about that. Hahahahahahaha A Saturday on an off season will probably never come close to capacity. Hahaha O my.

nursemelis374
09-25-2005, 09:19 PM
I wouldn't worry. Even this summer when it was really crowded things were still doable.