PDA

View Full Version : AP Calendar for Fall, 2005?

Artiste
09-25-2005, 11:12 AM
Hi, everyone! I'm new to these boards (tho I've been a "lurker" for awhile), and I have a question...

Did anyone receive their AP Calendars for Fall, 2005 in the mail yet? I got my AP in June of this year, so I'm pretty new, and I've been really looking forward to getting the calendar in the mail. :p I checked disneyland.com and it's still showing the calendar for the summer (through Sept.).

Does anyone know when they'll change the online AP calendar to the newest one?

We're heading to DL on October 5-10 and I was hoping to have the new calendar by then.

THANKS everyone! :)

stan4d_steph
09-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Bienvenue, Artiste! ;)

Well, the calendar was a new thing this year for the 50th, so I'm not sure that they're going to have one for 2006. My guess would be that they aren't going to do it, but I hope I'm wrong. I like the one I have now.

Artiste
09-25-2005, 05:43 PM
Merci, stan4d_steph :D

I've been running out to the mailbox every day, waiting for that to arrive....I guess it's not coming! :crying: Oh, well....but thanks for the reply!!!!

Wendi
09-25-2005, 09:15 PM
Yeah, the AP "newsletter" or whatever it's called is very lacking compared to previous issues. September and October on a single sheet, not much info... no calendar.

potzbie
09-25-2005, 09:50 PM
But that does suggest a related question.

When I was in a bookstore looking at (regular) calendars, I do not recall seeing a DISNEY-related calendar.
Lots about cats, dogs, national parks.

Do you have a 2005 calendar of DISNEY?
What illustrations accompanied the twelve months?
Was it photos, or animation cells?

stan4d_steph
09-26-2005, 05:33 AM
Was it photos, or animation cells?There was a calendar sent out to AP holders that shows images from the past 50 years at DL and outlines the various events that are taking place as part of the anniversary celebration. It wasn't sold in stores.

olegc
09-26-2005, 01:00 PM
But that does suggest a related question.

When I was in a bookstore looking at (regular) calendars, I do not recall seeing a DISNEY-related calendar.
Lots about cats, dogs, national parks.

Was it photos, or animation cells?

you will find these types of things at the parks (emporium, New Century Music, Greetings) or at World of Disney...

Some of those "calendar" stores that pop up at Christmas time will also have something like that.

Gone2Disneyland
09-26-2005, 01:47 PM
There was a calendar sent out to AP holders that shows images from the past 50 years at DL and outlines the various events that are taking place as part of the anniversary celebration. It wasn't sold in stores.
To add to the above description, I think the calendars were enhanced versions of the quarterly AP newsletter. I received two, one covering the three spring months and one covering the three summer months. That one's hanging in my office as we speak.

When I received the Sept/Oct mailer some weeks ago, I assumed they went back to minimal releases again, dropping the calendar format andsaving themselves some money in the process. I did appreciate the calendars tho', lots of helpful info and anecdotes throughout. A very practical device over the standard magazine-style thingy we got more often in the past.