PDA

View Full Version : New Charles Boyer Disneyland 50th Limited Edition Art

Opus1guy
09-24-2005, 06:39 AM
Master illustrator and Disneyland Legend, Charles Boyer, was prodded out of retirement and commissioned (along with his talented son, Bruce) to produce a special piece of art in his "Walt" series for part of the Club 33 Disneyland's 50th Anniversary Members-Only Event Series. It was sold at a special reception and dinner event at Club 33 a few days ago.

333 lithos and 33 glicees were produced, all of which were signed in person by the artists at the dinner event. Lithos #1 and #33 were sold at Silent Auction and Litho #333 was auctioned for charity.

Even my honey who is not a Disney "nut" like the rest of us ;)...really likes this piece because Walt is sitting at "our table"...which is the table we always get when just the 2 of us dine at the Club. :)

This is a scan of the invitation to the event that shows the artwork:

http://members.aol.com/opus1guy/uploads/waltclub33boyer.jpg

And this is more of a close-up of the artwork from that invitation that shows a bit more detail of this wonderful work that Boyer says reflects Walt's "It's kinda fun to do the impossible" spirit:

http://members.aol.com/opus1guy/uploads/waltclub33boyer2.jpg

I'm sure many of you Boyer fans will likely see this popping up on eBay and such.

p.s. You may note the error on the year of Walt's death, on the invitation. But he did pass away in December of 1966, so they weren't wrong by much. ;)

millionairegirl
09-24-2005, 07:39 AM
I really like that painting. It's very subtle-y Disney. Even my DH likes it.

tod
09-24-2005, 09:19 AM
Where's the cigarette?

--t

Osky
09-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Thanks for posting this Opus1guy. It is odd seeing Walt so young, when most of the pictures and paintings I have seen show Walt much older in life. Any idea how Bruce Boyer contributed on this artwork?

Opus1guy
09-25-2005, 10:00 PM
Any idea how Bruce Boyer contributed on this artwork?

I believe he was responsible for some of the color styling on it.