PDA

View Full Version : 3rd theme park?

neffyh
09-23-2005, 09:01 PM
If u go too this article from July 2000, It say that DL plans a new park.http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/848782.stm

DISNEYfied
09-23-2005, 09:06 PM
I assume this would have taken the place of the Strawberry fields. I don't think they should open a water park.. but something completely new. A brand new amusement park.

ToursbabeC3po
09-23-2005, 10:33 PM
They need to learn how to keep the cast members in the first two parks before the build a third LOL. There will be no one to run the place!
Toursbabe

AB29
09-24-2005, 01:07 AM
If u go too this article from July 2000, It say that DL plans a new park.http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/848782.stm
that link is over 5 years old......think about it

Vegitabeta
09-24-2005, 03:29 AM
That's what I was thinking lol

hlbtimes2
09-24-2005, 06:26 AM
1) the link is over 5 years old
2) its from the BBC, dont you think an American news source would be talking about it if it was really still happening?
3) it mentions they were considering "many adventures of W. Pooh" They built that ride!
4) it says they planned on starting my 2003- I think we would have noticed some building going on by now

I doubt they will build another park any time soon. They really need to turn things around at DCA first. No sense in building another park when that one is doing poorly. It needs some serious help to make it a loved park, and that is where funds need to be spent.

geoffa
09-24-2005, 08:51 AM
1) the link is over 5 years old
2) its from the BBC, dont you think an American news source would be talking about it if it was really still happening?
3) it mentions they were considering "many adventures of W. Pooh" They built that ride!
4) it says they planned on starting my 2003- I think we would have noticed some building going on by now

I doubt they will build another park any time soon. They really need to turn things around at DCA first. No sense in building another park when that one is doing poorly. It needs some serious help to make it a loved park, and that is where funds need to be spent.

DCA's problem is that it needs more rides. The bountiful farm and bakery bit is all very well but I think I know what an orange grove or a
tortilla looks like. Walt used to go for "Edutainment" but this doesn't do it. And some of Paradise Pier is tame by today's standards - the so called Stinger is no more than flying chairs - the Golden Dreams show, despite starring the incredible Whoopi Goldberg, is just a film - hardly EPCOT's American Adventure standards. There's good and bad in this park but the bad needs some serious work. Seems they used DCA has somewhere to dump the attractions they couldn't fit into DL :fez:

potzbie
09-24-2005, 10:42 AM
The bountiful farm and bakery bit is all very well but I think I know what an orange grove or a tortilla looks like.

Good point.

How did disney management pitch the ideas to the banks and financial investors?

"Imagine the walkway between the Sunshine Plaza and Paradise Pier!
What a fabulous experience!
A bakery! (insert CHEERS and APPLAUSE here)
A tortilla factory! (insert OOHs and AAHs here)
We'll have real fruit trees (that you cannot touch)!"
:(
What if a banker had asked, "What is the difference between what you are describing and an ordinary indoor shopping mall?"
:confused:

disney_leonard
09-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Disney was considering a third park which would be located east of DLR and connected in some way. Among considerations was a water park. They even had a website www.thirdthemepark.com which now looks like it was abandoned and taken over by someone else. It appears that this idea is dead (or in a very deep coma).