PDA

View Full Version : Double points through Disney Visa!

kisroo
09-23-2005, 02:41 PM
I already had a package booked through AAA for our upcoming trip, but when I got my Disney visa bill this month I noticed that they are advertising a double points deal for trips to DLR!!

So, I called and asked the travel agent about it. She worked with the Chase people so it got applied to my existing vacation package. Yay! (Kudos to both AAA and Chase!)

Double points on a GCH concierge family trip??? That rocks. They way I figure it, I just bought ourselves a few extra meals and some shopping! ;)

Included are all of the other Disney visa perks.
*6 months no interest
*Happiest Homecoming tote
*Luggage tags
*Preferred seating at parades (DLP and DCA)
*Disney and Me Meet 'N' Greet with keepsake photo
*10% off $50 or more at DLR stores
*10% off select DLR dining

Can you tell I'm a happy girl? Just thought I'd share for other Disney visa holders! :D

~kisroo:)

jrsharp21
09-23-2005, 02:51 PM
I already had a package booked through AAA for our upcoming trip, but when I got my Disney visa bill this month I noticed that they are advertising a double points deal for trips to DLR!!

So, I called and asked the travel agent about it. She worked with the Chase people so it got applied to my existing vacation package. Yay! (Kudos to both AAA and Chase!)

Double points on a GCH concierge family trip??? That rocks. They way I figure it, I just bought ourselves a few extra meals and some shopping! ;)

*6 months no interest
*Luggage tags

Can you tell I'm a happy girl? Just thought I'd share for other Disney visa holders! :D

Is that tote free?

kisroo
09-23-2005, 02:56 PM
It depends on what you consider "free". :p But~yes, it came with the package...no additional charge...as did all of the "perks" Oh, and Enhanced Fastpass since I went through AAA and we're staying at a resort hotel.

Rhiannon8404
09-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Do you have to book through a travel agent. Or can you just call the hotel and book your rooms, charge them to the Disney Visa card and get the double points?

silence
09-26-2005, 06:32 PM
i paid off our trip on our disney visa last month.....just after the statement cut off date. got our new statement today and see that they applied the double points for this transaction! nice surprise! we got the card strictly for the rewards and have been charging and paying it off each month. now we have 81 points already before our disney trip!

kisroo
09-26-2005, 06:37 PM
Rhiannon8404~The flyer I received with my bill states that it is for a "Disneyland Resort Vacation Package". Here's the snippet from the flyer:

Call 1-866-844-9382 or your travel agent and ask for package DLV6. Must use Disney's Visa Credit Card from Chase to purchase in order to receive the Double Disney Dream Reward Dollars...

Hope that helps.

silence~very cool, eh!? :cool: I was very pleased!

tinksmom
09-26-2005, 06:42 PM

*6 months no interest
*Luggage tags

Wow, you should rack up enough points to pay for your airfare!
Let us know about the quality of the preferred seating. I got a card for our trip next summer primarily for the preferred seating--I get a better deal, points wise, from my AMEX, but I hate to stand and jostle crowds.

If they only had preferred seating for the fireworks. . .

MickeyLumbo
09-26-2005, 07:14 PM

*6 months no interest
*Luggage tags

all travel agents, including AAA agents find out what package you want and call Walt Disney Travel Company...book your trip and take a commission. your AAA agent called WDTC to add the Disney Dream Vacation Double Rewards benefit.

have a great trip... next time, try WDTC direct.

kisroo
09-26-2005, 07:24 PM
all travel agents, including AAA agents find out what package you want and call Walt Disney Travel Company...book your trip and take a commission. your AAA agent called WDTC to add the Disney Dream Vacation Double Rewards benefit.

have a great trip... next time, try WDTC direct.

Interesting. I compared the price quotes from myself (doing it individually--hotel, tix, etc..), AAA, and WDTC. Given what type of hotel room we were looking at, AAA beat my quote and WDTC.

I've always done our trips. Researched and bargained. Compared and recompared. And, I've usually saved us anywhere from $100-500 dollars depending on the type of trip and who is going by doing this. But, this time, AAA did a great job.

Oh. And we will have "enhanced" fastpass. ;)

MickeyLumbo
09-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Interesting. I compared the price quotes from myself (doing it individually--hotel, tix, etc..), AAA, and WDTC. Given what type of hotel room we were looking at, AAA beat my quote and WDTC.

I've always done our trips. Researched and bargained. Compared and recompared. And, I've usually saved us anywhere from $100-500 dollars depending on the type of trip and who is going by doing this. But, this time, AAA did a great job.

Oh. And we will have "enhanced" fastpass. ;)

AAA got the package through WDTC and WDTC offered a "Magic Moments" discount off the room only, then AAA adds commission. The AAA agent puts WDTC on hold and waits for your decision, when you say yes, they make the booking with WDTC.

enhanced fastpass is cool...but, there really are very limited attractions that offer fastpass.

kisroo
09-26-2005, 07:39 PM
I know that AAA worked with WDTC to get the package~and I'm not really sure why their prices differed.

I was just glad to book the hotel package at the price I did AND get double Disney dollars to boot.

Hey! We're going on a vacation with extra Disney dollars~It's a win-win for me and my family no matter how you work it! ;)

silence
09-26-2005, 08:28 PM
We always book our trips through Dreams Unlimited. They book through the Disney Travel Co. as we get whatever "perks" are being offered, but, I get the trip at a discounted rate, at least cheaper than the Disney website shows.