PDA

View Full Version : Any news on California Screamin'?

Pages : [1] 2

Ward
09-23-2005, 10:27 AM
We'll be there the first week in Oct. Will it be up and running by then? Anybody here have any info on testing, progress? Thanks! :)

Osky
09-23-2005, 10:31 AM
As far as I know, DOSH still has not released it yet, and there has been no official report. It is doubtful that it will be up and running in two weeks.

IcDkRy16
09-23-2005, 11:56 AM
Hmm, I just read on Mice Chat that they've been testing it this week. I hope it's open by October 3rd! Here's the link to the posts. http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11407

SpacedOutCM
09-23-2005, 04:31 PM
Over at MI they have a few pictures of it testing yesterday morning.

California Screamin testing (http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27839)

ToursbabeC3po
09-23-2005, 05:03 PM
If the water bottles are in place you still have a month or more to go. I don't know if they are still using them.
Toursbabe

Clotho
09-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Then this might be good news, because people have reported testing with the water bottles as far back as two weeks ago.

Darkbeer
09-24-2005, 05:54 PM
But they are still only running one train at a time, once they start running multiple trains, then it might be geting close. You KNOW that DOSH will require Disney to have 5 trains up and running, and recreate the "cascade" which will back up the trains to Brake Zone 7. Only when Disney can be sure that the trains will stop correctly, will they call DOSH back to do the "final" inspection.

coronado_g
09-24-2005, 09:45 PM
But they are still only running one train at a time, once they start running multiple trains, then it might be geting close. You KNOW that DOSH will require Disney to have 5 trains up and running, and recreate the "cascade" which will back up the trains to Brake Zone 7. Only when Disney can be sure that the trains will stop correctly, will they call DOSH back to do the "final" inspection.
Sounds like you're indicating that it could still be quite awhile before Screamin' is open to the public. ~sigh~ Still, it's better to have inside news than no news at all.

SilverStyle
09-26-2005, 09:05 AM
Talking to my parade lead they want to get it up before thanksgiving, or as early as mid october.

ToursbabeC3po
09-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Are they still using water bottles for testing?
Toursbabe

CrazyTrain
09-27-2005, 03:01 PM
CMs are saying a month or two... they haven't recieved any concrete info.

Whittibo
09-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Sorry, my bad

RemainSeatedPlease
09-27-2005, 07:22 PM
How do they test with water bottles...they set bottles in the seat or something?

Darkbeer
09-27-2005, 08:21 PM
The Water Bottles, or better known as Water Babies, are about the same shape as a human torso, but without arms, legs, and a head.

They are designed with two water plugs, one at the top, and one at the bottom.

You place them in a ride empty, then fil them up. They end up weighing about 200 pounds each when full. This way, you can test the ride with a typical load (with riders), to make sure things like the brakes will work with the additional weight.

To remove the water babies, they just pull the bottom plug, and let the water drain. This allows easy handling and removal of the plastic torsos.

The torso shape works with most restraints. But sometimes they need to use things like ropes, for example, when they were testing Splash Mountain, since the ride has no seat belts or lap bars, they placed them sideways, and attached them to the side handrails.

mkcbunny
09-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Wow. That's interesting. Anyone got pics with the watter bottles?

Malcon10t
09-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Are they still using water bottles for testing?
ToursbabeI haven't seen it personally, but the pics I saw from a couple days ago, they are running empty. It looked like they MAY have had the bottle babes in the first row only. Definately not on the rest of the train. And only a single train running.

JookyG
09-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Man, DCA is going to be a ghost town if they don't get Screamin' running soon and don't pull the Electrical Parade out earlier than mid-December! Hey...maybe that would be a good idea for new DCA theming--a California ghost town!

Opus1guy
09-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Back in early 1977 just as Space Mountain began sandbag test runs, someone had a comical rather professionally produced sign up backstage that explained the ride testing "food chain" before opening to the Press and General Public, that was listed in order of "plateaus" in this sequence:

1. Sandbags
2. Imagineers
3. Ops Management
4. Executives
5. General Cast Members
6. Park Participants & Lessees

The sign jokingly referred to each group's real "worth" to the Company and just how "expendable" you were if anything did go wrong. Imagineers having just a slightly higher value to the Company than a sandbag. And so forth.

:)

My2kidsrule
09-28-2005, 11:28 AM
It was running empty Tuesday at 12:30 p.m. when we were getting ready to leave.

G-Ville Knee-Kill
09-28-2005, 12:02 PM
So does anybody know what that means? I'm going 10/6 and hoping for the best, expecting the worst. Does that mean the bottle testing is over and they may be ready to open it to the public soon, like within a week?

Another Dimension
09-28-2005, 12:24 PM
Those that don't know, are many.

Those that know, aren't talking. :|

G-Ville Knee-Kill
09-29-2005, 12:20 PM
well has anybody seen if there are more trains in use now? I know darkbeer said there was only one like a week ago, just wondering if that's different now. thanks

Opus1guy
09-29-2005, 12:45 PM
So does anybody know what that means? I'm going 10/6 and hoping for the best, expecting the worst. Does that mean the bottle testing is over and they may be ready to open it to the public soon, like within a week?

Unless you have the option of changing dates and are willing to do so if confirmed info presents itself ...I wouldn't sweat it if I were you. The attraction either is or isn't going to be operating during your visit. So if you're for sure going on the 6th regardless...just hope for the best that's it's running when you get there.

G-Ville Knee-Kill
09-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Sorry, I thought this thread was created for people to ask whether the ride was open or not and find out things of that nature. I guess we should change the name of it to: Any news on California Screamin? doesn't matter, worry about it when you get there!" If I want to sweat it I'm going to. All I was asking was if anybody knew any other details, but thanks for the suggestion.

Mermaid
09-30-2005, 07:55 PM
With no knowledge either way- I would say don't count on it. I was there last weekend and without it open, we didn't even walk back there. My sister doesn't liked heights or Mullholland Madness and I don't like to spin so between us there was nothing back there. At least it saved us some walking!! :D