PDA

View Full Version : What's going on Oct 19-22?

Elways way
09-23-2005, 07:37 AM
Does anybody know what's going on during this time? I planned to take a nice 4 day trip down there when things should be slow.....and I am having an awful time finding available rooms. I have reserved a room at the Embassy Suites in Buena Park (we will probably hit Knotts one day) but I was hoping to try out Hojos or one of the property's hotels during this trip. Sounds like evrything is sold out at the three resort hotels, Hojos, and the Candy Cane.

Did I miss something here? Are schools out during that time? I'm not going during "gay days" again am I? Any help would be much appreciated!

hlbtimes2
09-23-2005, 08:01 AM
The entire month is busy. There some some various activities at the resort, and from the sounds of things lots of conventions in the area. Add to that the 50th, and things are fililng up quick!

Gay days are the first weekend in Oct, so you are missing it by about 3 weeks. But, the Halloween activies (at DCA) are the weekend you'll be there. So that will increase attendance a bit.

johnnyn18
09-23-2005, 01:14 PM
Does anybody know what's going on during this time? I planned to take a nice 4 day trip down there when things should be slow.....and I am having an awful time finding available rooms. I have reserved a room at the Embassy Suites in Buena Park (we will probably hit Knotts one day) but I was hoping to try out Hojos or one of the property's hotels during this trip. Sounds like evrything is sold out at the three resort hotels, Hojos, and the Candy Cane.

Did I miss something here? Are schools out during that time? I'm not going during "gay days" again am I? Any help would be much appreciated!

ON OCT 21 - 22 , there is a big gaming event at the Anahiem convention center..(called IGN LIVE) so that probably acccounts for the crowd..A lot of teenagers and young adults will be in the area during that week..hope that helps..

princessofpower
09-23-2005, 01:58 PM
We'll be there at that time, too. We tried booking online and everything was sold out. Then we called Disney directly and got a room at the pph. The other one's were available, too, but the prices were way toooo high. If you call the Hojo directly, you can sometimes get a room that way. (we did this on a previous trip)
I've heard great things about the hotel you have booked, it's supposed to be very very nice.