PDA

View Full Version : It was the Wedding of her Dreams

disneyjunkie
09-22-2005, 10:26 PM
The disneyland FTW staff was great. It was the wedding of her dreams and so beautiful. I still have my one year old grandson so my time is very spoken for but here are a few thoughts. I will post more and pics later ( someone please remind me how to post pics!)
Rehersal dinner at the parkview terrace at the GCH : food excellent, tables and linnens excellent, staff very excellent! I know there were a few more people there than we had submitted a count for no mention was ever made of it by the staff. No rushing us to leave ( was scheduled from 5 to 7 pm) we were told to take our time nothing else was going on there.
Dressing room help the morining of the wedding: co ordinator visits and gets us rolling and keeps all working well , even reminding all to take a potty break before dressing, at the last minute we decided to put my grandson , the bride and grooms son, in a little tikes push car to go down the aisle in , they went and got some tule and ribbon to decorate it with I was impressed! They were not pushy or rude just kept things moving helped gather up stuff to go back to rooms and made sure the bride was hydrated , fed, and calm. They looked out for the groom so they wouldnt encounter one another before the ceremony and kept telling me to relax as the mother of the bride and to just enjoy the day!
Reception: the room was beautiful, the food once agian excellent ( they didnt pile it into the serving dishes and let it stand, they replenished frequently with fresh food.) I decided at the reception to host the no host bar for 30 mins and that was not a problem with them, with my permission they had the staff visit each table and take drink orders and served them.
The one fault was clearing dishes and drinks when someone left the table but when told about it they replenished what was gone, the manager who came on duty was also a manger at show events and felt bad so he comped the newleyweds a fantasmic dessert showing and when we didnt go with them he was like well were are your family and they explained that they didnt know it included them he gave my daughter his office and cell phone number and said he owed us one and on our next visit to call him and he would comp the party once again.
The bridal couple had the included standard room that comes with FTW packages , but on the advice of their wedding co ordinator they asked for an upgrade : I know darn well she had something to do with them getting a suite, lol.
Also they held the top layer of the cake, the remainder of the groom cake and the babys first birthday cake for us until we checked out the next day.
The entire experience just brought out the Disney Touch :Its the guest that we are here for.
Also my poor husband attempted to suprise me with a 50th aniversary robe he got it home without my knowledge all the way to No Ca , didnt have his glasses on found the securtiy tag left on and tried to remove it, ink all over the place. He felt so bad ( he once had to pry a security tag off of a bra that I needed before going to Las Vegas years ago that he thought it was a no brainer) , he called the resort and explained what he had done , they are sending a new one and a pick up tag for the damaged one. Disney is amazing we went from the bride without a room, to a suite and a wonderful memorable wedding.
I will post pics eventually and more of a personal recap .

IcDkRy16
09-22-2005, 10:44 PM
Wow! It sounds like your daughter had an amazing wedding, and you had a wonderful time. I can't wait to see pics and hear the rest of your trip report. Thanks for sharing!

Whittibo
09-23-2005, 05:24 AM
Wow, can't wait to see the pictures. Sounds like a wonderful event! What a lucky bride!

Mommy2NicknMax
09-23-2005, 06:55 AM
Wow, sounds great! Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see those pics!

Wendi
09-23-2005, 08:19 AM
Sounds fabulous!!! I want a Fairy Tale Wedding!!!

yellowrosedtxn
09-23-2005, 08:23 AM
I am so happy for you all! I'm with Wendi I want a fairy tale wedding too!

CONGRATS!!!! Can't wait for more - your personal recap and the pictures!!!!

nursemelis374
09-23-2005, 08:27 AM
That sounds great! I would love to get married at DL one day! How many people were at the wedding?

mad4mky
09-23-2005, 08:31 AM
Wow. Sounds so nice.
You are a dream mom. And you gave your daughter the dream wedding.

I look so forward to seeing the pictures. :D

disneyjunkie
09-23-2005, 09:08 PM
Thanks so much for all the positive input and best wishes ! I still need help reminding me how to post pictures, I did it one time and now am at a loss.

coronado_g
09-23-2005, 09:38 PM
How wonderful and beautiful! I'm so happy that everything turned out soo perfect for this magical wedding. I'm eager to see the pics - you betcha!

Marox3
09-24-2005, 06:47 AM
It definitely sounded like a dream wedding, and more importantly a relatively hassle free event. I can't wait to see the pictures. I've seen weddings and receptions held at GCH (not invited - just eavesdrop), and they looked wonderful. :)

Whittibo
09-24-2005, 08:26 AM
I am not sure how you post pictures on here. Most forums you have to host the pictures elsewhere and post the URL to the picture?

sorry I can't help more. I posted pictures here before, and they were all removed and turned into links, so I am not sure what the "protocol" is? But I can't WAIT to see the pictures.

Also, if you wouldn't mind, could you give us a "Ball park" as to what this wedding cost.. where was it held exactly? Were general guests just walking around?? And the groom was into this too? :) Now that is ONE LUCKY DAUGHTER you have!

disneyjunkie
09-25-2005, 01:59 PM
I am not sure how you post pictures on here. Most forums you have to host the pictures elsewhere and post the URL to the picture?

sorry I can't help more. I posted pictures here before, and they were all removed and turned into links, so I am not sure what the "protocol" is? But I can't WAIT to see the pictures.

Also, if you wouldn't mind, could you give us a "Ball park" as to what this wedding cost.. where was it held exactly? Were general guests just walking around?? And the groom was into this too? :) Now that is ONE LUCKY DAUGHTER you have!

The ceremony was held in the Rose Garden at the DLH , it is secluded by hedges sort of lol, if you know where to look its very easy to find, sits almost kitty corner from the lost bar eating area and the stores. The reception was at the pavillion room it is above Goofys Kitchen great windows, it is a circular room. We had only 60 guest and the site fee, 30 person rehersal dinner ( at the GCH) , the reception buffett, the cake, the chocolate slipper, dressing rooms with light morning pastries and jc, pre reception hourdesouves, entainment :the harpist and Mickey and Minnie at the reception was in the ball park of 14,000 ( did not include, flowers, DJ, Photographer, favors, paper goods such as programs ect...)
The groom really enjoyed the wedding and the planning they are both AP holders so he was pretty easy lol!!! But it was a long road from getting married at city hall , or Vegas, to Disney...but once the plans began he was a real trooper and realized how important it was to the Bride to have her Fairytale wedding.

Whittibo
09-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Well either I better start saving my money now, or HOPE and PRAY my 3 girls never find out that you CAN get married there! :)

Actually, for todays "standards" that isn't all that bad for all that you got and WHERE you got it. My wedding was very low key, many complications (including the grooms parents NOT attending).. and I think we maxed out at $4000.. LOL.. I would give ANYTHING to have a wonderful quite 2nd ceremony at Disneyland.. maybe for my 25th?? :D

I still can't wait to see the pictures!!! I bet they are BEAUTIFUL!!

stan4d_steph
09-25-2005, 03:22 PM
Thanks for sharing your account disneyjunkie!

I am not sure how you post pictures on here. Most forums you have to host the pictures elsewhere and post the URL to the picture? sorry I can't help more. I posted pictures here before, and they were all removed and turned into links, so I am not sure what the "protocol" is?We ask that you post only one photo per thread per poster and that the image be less than 400x400 pixels. I use a free online photo hosting site and upload the images I want to share there. I use Yahoo Photos. There are many to choose from. Feel free to PM a mod or admin for assistance. :)

adriennek
09-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Tag Teaming here...

Also! If you have any questions about our community policies (our "protocols,") we have a FAQ forum linked here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40) including How to post inline images (pictures directly inside of posts) (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=10101).

Adrienne

disneyjunkie
09-25-2005, 11:37 PM
http://photobucket.com/albums/a330/disneyjunkie/ I think this link will show some wedding pictures , this is a test these pics were taken by a guest at the wedding and are ok will have some better ones to post soon I hope!

IcDkRy16
09-25-2005, 11:38 PM
http://photobucket.com/albums/a330/disneyjunkie/ I think this link will show some wedding pictures , this is a test these pics were taken by a guest at the wedding and are ok will have some better ones to post soon I hope!

I clicked on the link and it was just a login screen, no pics:(.

disneyjunkie
09-25-2005, 11:43 PM
http://photobucket.com/albums/a330/disneyjunkie/?action=view&current=Weddingpictures005.jpg Heres one more picture I think.

disneyjunkie
09-25-2005, 11:44 PM
IcDkRy16 if your still there try the second picture and see if it worked

disneyjunkie
09-25-2005, 11:46 PM
http://photobucket.com/albums/a330/disneyjunkie/?action=view&current=Weddingpictures025.jpg

IcDkRy16
09-25-2005, 11:49 PM
Yeah, it worked! Very nice pictures! It looks like it was a beautiful wedding.

stan4d_steph
09-26-2005, 05:35 AM
What a beautiful setting for a wedding. Thank you for sharing the photos. I wish them the best of luck! :)

Crazy4DL
09-26-2005, 07:52 AM
Oh my I missed this wonderful story until just this morning.

What a wonderful wedding story. How precious.

My dd and sil did not get married in DL but they honeymooned for a week at DL in 2000. I kept thier little 2 yr old, my oldest grandson. It was a magical week for all of us.

I am sure you all feel the same.

Beautiful pictures. I especially liked the group one with Mickey and Minnie. :)

disneyjunkie
10-05-2005, 07:49 PM
It was wonderful and yup the best part was having my one year old grandson for a week while they were in hawaii, I didnt want to give him back lol. Now I miss him like crazy.