PDA

View Full Version : Valet at GCH

Zigen
09-22-2005, 01:35 PM
Is it looked down apon for not using the valet at the GCH? I just want to pull up to the front, drop off the kids, wife and bags, then go park the van myself. We dont plan on driving anywhere once we get there so paying a daily valet fee (i think 12$ a day) doesn't interest me. I would rather save the 48$ and spend it on something else.

If the self parking extremely far away? Can anyone give me a good recommendation on why I should use Valet if im not planning on driving anywhere when we get there?

scaeagles
09-22-2005, 01:39 PM
Not far away at all - right across the street, next to the PP, and this side of the DL hotel. We always use it and it isn't bad at all. You can still unload your bags right in front of the hotel, so you don't even have to carry anything.

infinite
09-22-2005, 01:43 PM
No, it is not looked down upon.

The only good reason I can think of, is you don’t have the hassle of parking it yourself, or going to get it yourself. I have never parked myself, so I am not sure how easy it is to get in and out of. My husband HAS parked the car himself, and he said it was just across the street. (sorry it being the parking lot!)

This trip we are using valet parking, only because we all like the convenience of having the car brought to us. When we don’t use valet, my husband gets it and the boys and I wait. So really the only reason we are using it this time is because HE wants the convenience of having the car brought to him….ha ha ha

Rhiannon8404
09-22-2005, 02:05 PM
We always self-park, and we've never felt like the valets were looking down on us. We pull up and the bellhop helps us unload and takes our luggage. I go check in and my husband parks the car. It's that easy. We are usually there way early in the day, so they keep our luggage at the bell desk area until our room is ready. We self-park, because we never get back into our car until the end of our trip. If we were in and out we would likely opt for valet to avoid the hassle.

Honestly, I can see charging extra for valet parking at PP or DLH, but I think GCH should include it with their room rate or resort fee. It's a pretty swanky resort-style hotel. The only other really nice resort hotel I've stayed at was the Inn at Spanish Bay (at Pebble Beach) and valet parking was included.

Zigen
09-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the replies. I feel better now not using the valet. I agree, it should be included with the price. I would tip well if I didnt have to pay a daily fee.