PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dessert Buffet

Pages : [1] 2

leah
09-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Okay, I've read through a few posts on whether this is worth it or not but I need a few more opinions please :) !!

I'm going with DH next month and will be there Sun-Wed so Sunday night is our only chance to see F! and maybe the only chance for a lot of others so I'm assuming it will be packed. Also, during our visit there will be no firework shows so this is about it for our nightly entertainment and I want to be able to see and enjoy it. We've never seen F!

So obviously you can tell which way I'm leaning but then I think should we really spend over $100. for this 20 min. or so show and a few treats? :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help - I'll have to call first thing tomorrow morning if I want to try for balcony seats so help me decide with your opinions. :)

lauramaynot
09-22-2005, 12:45 PM
Okay, I've read through a few posts on whether this is worth it or not but I need a few more opinions please :) !!

I'm going with DH next month and will be there Sun-Wed so Sunday night is our only chance to see F! and maybe the only chance for a lot of others so I'm assuming it will be packed. Also, during our visit there will be no firework shows so this is about it for our nightly entertainment and I want to be able to see and enjoy it. We've never seen F!

So obviously you can tell which way I'm leaning but then I think should we really spend over $100. for this 20 min. or so show and a few treats? :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help - I'll have to call first thing tomorrow morning if I want to try for balcony seats so help me decide with your opinions. :) it is definately worth it. I felt really special watching people ask the CM checking people in why they were getting special seats. hmmm...that sounds kinda bad... but anyway you can stretch your dollars by bringing a ziplock or two and taking home a few deserts for breakfast. Our kids were falling asleep during much of the show and we had 3 plates full of cookies, rice crispy treats and chocolate strawberries since their eyes were much bigger than their bellies. I figured we at least got two good meals out of it...not healthy meals but meals none the less.

Mommy2NicknMax
09-22-2005, 01:42 PM
I say go for it! For me it's worth it b/c you won't have to waste your time waiting (and waiting) for the show. You can spend that time doing other things and still have awesome seats! :D

sierranevada
09-22-2005, 01:47 PM
My opinion - yeah, it is worth it! If you do the balcony, eat light at dinner and fill up on not only the desserts, but the balcony has both a cheese & fruit platter! Just think how romantic it will be sitting on the balcony with your DH, heads together... watching Fantasmic! from dead center and nibbling on sweets! ;) (And yes, we can tell which way you are leaning - looks like you just need a little encouragement!)

infinite
09-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!

Sorry, I just felt like joining the mod, much like the townspeople in Beauty and the Beast!

LLevy
09-22-2005, 02:02 PM
That's what it really comes down to. we've done the balcony, the riverside reserved and just toughing it out..

personally- I'd go with the grab space early option. I enjoy sitting down for a few hours, watching them get the equipment set and enjoying the jazz music. we bring a deck of cards, and take turns running off for munchies or bathroom breaks.

my husband on the other hand, would rather pay out the nose for the chair and extra time on rides option..the deserts are just a nice perk- though it was fun when we had riverside setting for our honeymoon and the usher brought us glowing mickey ears to wear for the rest of the night..

your call...

geoffa
09-22-2005, 02:12 PM
GO FOR IT! You'll feel so special and you'll have a great view. Book on 714-781-4400 (up to 40 days before the date you require). There's only about 30 places each session. If you must have a treat at Disney this should be it. And "lauramaynot" - why should it feel bad? Disney is about making you feel special!

lauramaynot
09-22-2005, 02:56 PM
GO FOR IT! You'll feel so special and you'll have a great view. Book on 714-781-4400 (up to 40 days before the date you require). There's only about 30 places each session. If you must have a treat at Disney this should be it. And "lauramaynot" - why should it feel bad? Disney is about making you feel special!

i didn't mean that it feels bad...just my narcissism (or lack of depending on your point of view) looks bad. LOL!

Malcon10t
09-22-2005, 03:06 PM
it is definately worth it. I felt really special watching people ask the CM checking people in why they were getting special seats. hmmm...that sounds kinda bad... but anyway you can stretch your dollars by bringing a ziplock or two and taking home a few deserts for breakfast. Our kids were falling asleep during much of the show and we had 3 plates full of cookies, rice crispy treats and chocolate strawberries since their eyes were much bigger than their bellies. I figured we at least got two good meals out of it...not healthy meals but meals none the less.Ask Bora for a box for them. They have little plastic boxes. And the strawberry filled shortbread cookies are GREAT the next morning... I mean, you have flour, eggs, fruit in them. As Bill Cosby says "BREAKFAST!"

Mark Mywords
09-22-2005, 03:09 PM

If you've got the money, definitely go for it. We got to do the balcony once, I'll never forget it. And I say that even though we had problems with our youngest and I missed half the show. It was still worth it!

CrazyMouse
09-22-2005, 03:26 PM
very worth it, you don't have to worry about crowds. haha. i had fun. still thinking about it. it was so great.

sierranevada
09-22-2005, 03:31 PM

You call 30 days in advance. The balcony seats around 22 and the Riverfront seats up to 50.

Enjoy!

WCAuroraMom
09-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Husband and 2 kids, 9 & 11 went to the balcony seating on September 17th.
I thought it was great. It would have been better without the kids. There was a chocolate cake, cheesecake, mini eclairs,some sort of small lemon cake and chocolate strawberries, fruit kabobs, cheese and crackers(the cheese was so amazing and you need it to balance out the sugar), cinnamon and sugar puff pastries that you can put this apple stuff on. and anything you wanted to drink. The seating is very crowded especially if you are four people trying to share a little table that only holds two glasses steadily. Also my son's chair was sitting right in front of a pole. He couldn't see anything so I gave him my chair and I stood the whole time. It was still a great view. You could see everything coming and going. The only advanage I could see to the unreserved seating would be that you can feel the pyrotechnics and get sprayed with water. Sorry this was so long. good luck!

emmah
09-22-2005, 04:48 PM
this has been so interesting; i have a trip coming up from nov 29- dec 4 and will finally get to see both fireworks and fantasmic! for the first time - all my other trips have been in january and mid-week so there has never been a chance to see these. i have been tossing up for ages about whether to splash out on balcony seats for the saturday night and on the basis of the above, have decided to go for it. it's only money, and it seems like something I should just do and enjoy! so now I just have to hope that I wake up when the alarm goes off (your 8am is 1am over here) and actually manage to get through to the dining reservation people on the right day! :D

disneyjunkie
09-22-2005, 09:53 PM
Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It took me over 15 years to see Fantasmic after the early years freebee line up on the stairs for the balcony seating to the paid balcony seating, I love the show but just could not bring myself to see it smashed like a sardine. the desserts were great but that was not my motivation, my motivation was seeing the whole show not just what I could see between others heads and neon mouse ears glowing all around.

leah
09-23-2005, 07:14 AM
Thank you all so much for your opinions - you convinced me!!! :)

I just got off the phone with reservations and I made the fourth reservation - I started calling five minutes before 8:00am.

So thanks again for all the input - I'm so excited!! :D

Disneyland4Kim
09-23-2005, 07:22 AM
The dessert buffet on the balcony is the best kept secret in Disneyland next to Club 33. Several years ago, we heard about the dessert buffet purely by accident. After standing in line at guest services from 4:30 a.m. until 8:00 a.m. to purchase our 8 tickets, I was hoping that it was going to be well worth the wait and the price.

The 3 teenagers that accompanied us to the dessert buffet were experiencing Disneyland for the first time, had never seen Fantasmic and were absolutly impressed with the view, the food and the service.

I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting the park. We are anxiously awaiting our December trip and already planning those reservation calls for this.

infinite
09-23-2005, 07:46 AM
Thank you all so much for your opinions - you convinced me!!! :)

I just got off the phone with reservations and I made the fourth reservation - I started calling five minutes before 8:00am.

So thanks again for all the input - I'm so excited!! :D

If you are staying at a Disneyland Resort hotel, you can call vacation planning or the concierge, and they will try to purchase tickets for you. WE called them60 days in advance, and they called at the 30 day mark for us, and we were able to get tickets.

sbnuggie
09-23-2005, 08:01 AM
Just a quick clarification because I know one poster stated that you can call 40 days ahead and someone else said 30 days and then someone said 60 days if your staying on property (Concierge will call 30 days etc...). I just got off the phone with Disney:

1. You can call 30 days in advance. They recomend calling right at 8am PST because the seats fill up fast (Both Balcony and Riverfront Seating).

2. The price which no one has mentioned: $56.00 per adult, $46.00 per child ages 3-9.

OUCH!!!!

So although I think it would be neat, but in my case a family of 5:

2 Adults=$112
3 Kids=$138
----------------------
$250-Total

Thats just too much money for this family. We will just have to brave the crowds I guess. Hope this helps and have fun.

Take Care,

Sean

kohl
09-23-2005, 08:57 AM
I think the kids price for the balcony is the same price as the adults. When you get riverside seats, those are the ones with the kids prices.

sambo
09-24-2005, 02:03 AM
I tried booking last week to no avail... They had no openings until after the 17th of October. By now the entire month of October is full.

Malcon10t
09-24-2005, 08:33 PM
I tried booking last week to no avail... They had no openings until after the 17th of October. By now the entire month of October is full.They book 30 days out., so tomorrow at 8am they will be booking for Oct 25th.

JookyG
09-26-2005, 09:19 AM
Don't do it for the desserts unless you want your kids up all night in the hotel on a sugar rush (they're just sugar and shotenting anyway). Do it for the exceptional view and the feeling that you're royalty sitting in the best box seats in the house.

The image of people shoving dessets in their pockets and purses so they can get every dime's worth out of the experience makes me laugh!

leah
09-26-2005, 09:27 AM
I have another question about the balcony seating. As I mentioned last week I made my reservations and we'll be enjoying Fantasmic from the balcony next month! But the woman I spoke with when I made the reservation gave me a confirmation number and said I need to pick up my tickets the day of the show at Guest Services. I didn't ask at the time - I thought it would be easy to find where that is - but after checking the Disneyland website I can't figure out where I go to get these tickets? If you've done this and know the procedure - let me know. I need to know where to pick up the tickets and also if I need to get them first thing in the morning or if I can wait until late afternoon/early evening to get the tickets. Thanks so much! :)

Dom262
09-26-2005, 09:52 AM
I have another question about the balcony seating. As I mentioned last week I made my reservations and we'll be enjoying Fantasmic from the balcony next month! But the woman I spoke with when I made the reservation gave me a confirmation number and said I need to pick up my tickets the day of the show at Guest Services. I didn't ask at the time - I thought it would be easy to find where that is - but after checking the Disneyland website I can't figure out where I go to get these tickets? If you've done this and know the procedure - let me know. I need to know where to pick up the tickets and also if I need to get them first thing in the morning or if I can wait until late afternoon/early evening to get the tickets. Thanks so much! :)

You will pick up your tickets outside the main gates at guest services. When it is time to "check-in" you will need to go to the Gallery and check in saying you are there. I would suggest going 15-20 mins earlier then they tell you to go. The will sit you according to when you check in. The fist personto check in basically gets their pick of seating, the second gets second and so on.

Have fun, we have done the water side reserved seating and are still trying to get the balocony.