PDA

View Full Version : New "Sit-Down" Restaurant for Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2 3

dlandnut
09-22-2005, 07:17 AM
Idea taken from another thread...but, truly DL does need at least one other "sit down" restaurant. A place where you can relax, be waited on, and enjoy "sit down" service. Suggestions? To bring back the "old", I suggest the Tahitian Terrace. To create the new....hmmm, I'll have to think about it. What would be your suggestion for a new "sit down" restaurant, where would you place it, what would be the menu/theme? :)

tlovesdis
09-22-2005, 07:28 AM
My 11 year old cousin and I have talked about this subject in great length! We both think a restaurant in or near Small World would be fun! They could serve food from all over the world and have the wait staff dressed in country costumes!

infinite
09-22-2005, 07:30 AM
Something near Haunted Mansion that looks like Haunted Mansion inside.

SarahShep
09-22-2005, 08:21 AM

I'd so go there! Sounds like fun!

What about something across from Indiana w/ Indiana theming? There really only needs to be one shop over there...

hbquikcomjamesl
09-22-2005, 08:32 AM
How about reactivating the Town Square Cafe/American Egg House?

How about reopening the Plaza Pavilion with full table service? Or even just buffeteria?

pisces
09-22-2005, 08:37 AM
1. Grand Lux Cafe
2. Cheesecake Factory
3. Du-Pars
4. Cracker Barrel
5. Katella/Kaplans/Jerrys Famous Deli
6. Old Sphagetti Factory
7. North Woods Inn/Steak-N-Stein Inn
8. Pea Soup Andersens
9. Lawrys Carvery
10. Applebees

stan4d_steph
09-22-2005, 08:39 AM
Ugh! Cracker Barrel? Applebee's? Inside DL? No thank you!

tlovesdis
09-22-2005, 08:50 AM
Ugh! Cracker Barrel? Applebee's? Inside DL? No thank you!

DITTO! Blech!

amarvel
09-22-2005, 09:17 AM
My 11 year old cousin and I have talked about this subject in great length! We both think a restaurant in or near Small World would be fun! They could serve food from all over the world and have the wait staff dressed in country costumes!

I really like this idea!

jrad32
09-22-2005, 09:20 AM
They could put a restaurant in innoventions. It's not like there is anything worthwhile in there now.

capst
09-22-2005, 09:32 AM
They could put a restaurant in innoventions. It's not like there is anything worthwhile in there now.

Yeah, and serve only circular food :~D

twist1980
09-22-2005, 09:32 AM

Love it! Do any of you play VMK? If so, they have a Haunted Mansion Conservatory room that would be perfect for a restaurant!

I also think something in Tomorrowland would be great too. Like if they had a giant planetarium-type restaurant with shooting stars and everything. Almost like you are inside Space Mountain.

going2disneyAZ
09-22-2005, 09:34 AM
Reopen Tahitian Terrace....I don't know why they ever got rid of it.

Great location and the infrastructure is alreay there!

DianeM
09-22-2005, 09:36 AM
Would you believe I had completely forgotten about Tahitian Terrace? We ALWAYS went there when I was a child, and I loved the show. I expect it was too expensive to maintain, with all of the dancers, but a Terrace themed restaurant with some "Tiki Room" styled birds and decorations could be done much more cheaply, and would still be fun.

Idea taken from another thread...but, truly DL does need at least one other "sit down" restaurant. A place where you can relax, be waited on, and enjoy "sit down" service. Suggestions? To bring back the "old", I suggest the Tahitian Terrace. To create the new....hmmm, I'll have to think about it. What would be your suggestion for a new "sit down" restaurant, where would you place it, what would be the menu/theme? :)

Andrew
09-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Have any of you been to Encounter Restaurant (http://www.iflylax.com/lax_encounter.html) at LAX? It's in the old "Theme Restaurant" building in the middle of the terminal complex. Encounter was designed and built by Walt Disney Imagineering, and shows what WDI can do when not encumbered by accountaneering budget constraints.

Something like that on the upper level of the Carousel Theater, or perhaps as a replacement for HIStA or Redd Rockett's, would work very well IMO.

going2disneyAZ
09-22-2005, 09:41 AM
Have any of you been to Encounter Restaurant (http://www.iflylax.com/lax_encounter.html) at LAX? It's in the old "Theme Restaurant" building in the middle of the terminal complex. Encounter was designed and built by Walt Disney Imagineering, and shows what WDI can do when not encumbered by accountaneering budget constraints.

Something like that on the upper level of the Carousel Theater, or perhaps as a replacement for HIStA or Redd Rockett's, would work very well IMO.

That thought crossed my mind as well, or a mini "space needle" in Tomorrow Land....

Mark Mywords
09-22-2005, 09:50 AM
The Haunted Mansion restaurant idea is a great one! My wife suggested this idea the last time we were in the park. She was cracking her self up with suggested menu items (ie "Ghoulish Goulash").

jrad32
09-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Only problem is I don't know where they would find the space for the haunted mansion restaurant. That corner of the park seems pretty full. ANy ideas on where they could locate the restaurant in close proximity to HM?

Clotho
09-22-2005, 10:02 AM
While I love the idea of a Haunted Mansion restaurant (could maybe go in where the gallery is now? Would have a great entrance, lovely view of the area, AND you could eat in Walt's intended dining room!), I think we would need the restaurant to "balance" the location of Blue Bayou. So I would think Tomorrowland would be the next logical location. And I agree, that upper area overlooking Tomorrowland would be great. But we already know how Disney has been about maintaining a good "future" theme. They would need to latch onto some classic future theme, rather than a reimagined one, for it to really work.

I never went to Tahitian Terrace. Sounds so niiice.
I always wanted Rancho Del Zocalo to be a service restaurant, as I love the location, and it is so romantic at night...

What about the Golden Horseshoe? Would be great if it did "meal shows", kind of in line with Hoop De Doo Revue in WDW?

09-22-2005, 10:07 AM
Thumbs down on the Haunted Mansion concept. While I will happily eat HMH-themed desserts at the French Market, I would never eat at a restaurant evoking death and decay. It's gross.

Bring back that Fantasyland ship restaurant.

Dexter
09-22-2005, 10:09 AM
What about kicking the clown out of Harbour Galley and remodling that section for the HM restaraunt? While I did like Mc'ds fries, I don't really like them IN disneyland... it's got the infrastructure for food service, and the dry dock area can be remodled to fit the theme.

olegc
09-22-2005, 10:21 AM
all of the ideas so far have been for the south side of the park - tomorrowland, NOS, adventureland, etc. While "fun" all of those locations already have sit down restaurants with either buffeteria or table service. In fact - every single land has one substantial eating location. note - not talking about quality of food - talking about larger venue, lots of tables, shade, inside, etc.
Fantasyland (proper)- village haus
Tomorrowland - pizzaPort and to some extent CLub buzz/Tomorrowland Terrace
frontierland - Del Zocolo
NOS - French market/Blue Bayou
Critter - hungry bear
Main st - plaza inn and carnation cafe.
Adventureland has no room unless they brought back tahitian in some way - but even then the walkways are not built for high volume traffic or lines for entering a restaurant. and i doubt the park will do another "blue bayou" anywhere since it takes up more time to get people in and out.

so - what;s missing folks? that's right - Toontown/Small World area. there is land, there are high volume traffic walkways, and it's sparce over there anyway. What if they were to create a character meal location - but not characters walking around but themed throughout - similar to what they do on the dIsney Cruise line - all of the pictures on the wall that change, lots of decor, and you could do it buffeteria style. even sell seats for parade and fireworks viewing a la Fantasmic dessert buffet. you could replace the Character meet n greet area, or carve out another location from the backlot and have the front facade be part of the restaurant. remember - any larger sit down location would probably need to be able to attract a large audience - not just one particular niche of fan (HM, Indy, etc.) and there has to be stuff for the kids, not just "this is what you get"...

thoughts?

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
09-22-2005, 10:27 AM
all of the ideas so far have been for the south side of the park - tomorrowland, NOS, adventureland, etc. While "fun" all of those locations already have sit down restaurants with either buffeteria or table service. In fact - every single land has one substantial eating location. note - not talking about quality of food - talking about larger venue, lots of tables, shade, inside, etc.
Critter - hungry bear
Adventureland has no room unless they brought back tahitian in some way - but even then the walkways are not built for high volume traffic or lines for entering a restaurant. and i doubt the park will do another "blue bayou" anywhere since it takes up more time to get people in and out.

so - what;s missing folks? that's right - Toontown/Small World area. there is land, there are high volume traffic walkways, and it's sparce over there anyway. What if they were to create a character meal location - but not characters walking around but themed throughout - similar to what they do on the dIsney Cruise line - all of the pictures on the wall that change, lots of decor, and you could do it buffeteria style. even sell seats for parade and fireworks viewing a la Fantasmic dessert buffet. you could replace the Character meet n greet area, or carve out another location from the backlot and have the front facade be part of the restaurant. remember - any larger sit down location would probably need to be able to attract a large audience - not just one particular niche of fan (HM, Indy, etc.) and there has to be stuff for the kids, not just "this is what you get"...

thoughts?

i was thinking the same exact thing! that would be an awesome style of restruant to have at DL in the toontown area. call it the "ink and paint club" or something

dlandnut
09-22-2005, 10:49 AM
Critter - hungry bear

thoughts?

I was with you until you said "buffeteria style". I'm in favor for a "sit-down" be waited on restaurant. But the location sounds great. :)

minniemom
09-22-2005, 10:58 AM
You know the cartoon on disney channel, Mickey's House of Mouse. I think a real life one in Disneyland would be a blast! What better to entertain the kids while they eat than a huge screen playing mickey cartoons!