PDA

View Full Version : October 28/29--why so crowded?

mkraemer
09-21-2005, 10:22 PM
Boo hoo hoo...I called to see if we could get a room using an AP rate and found out that all the DL properties are FULL for October 28 and 29. I can't believe that it's just because of the Mickey's Halloween Treat...or should I? Why is everybody going to be at DL then?? Why, oh why?

hlbtimes2
09-22-2005, 05:33 AM
The whole month of Oct. seems to be very busy at all of the properties. Its unknown if its because of the 50th and all the special things going on next month or if its because of conventions.

stan4d_steph
09-22-2005, 06:17 AM
Was that completely sold out, or just sold out of the special AP-rate rooms?

Here's a link (http://www.anaheimconventioncenter.com/events.cfm) to the Anaheim Convention Center calendar of events. It looks like there are several events going on at the end of October, which could be one reason that hotel rooms are booking up.

mkraemer
09-22-2005, 08:52 AM

Here's a link (http://www.anaheimconventioncenter.com/events.cfm) to the Anaheim Convention Center calendar of events. It looks like there are several events going on at the end of October, which could be one reason that hotel rooms are booking up.

They said they were completely sold out, not just of AP rates. There was nada, zip. I was having flashbacks to July 17th...

SCUBAbe
09-22-2005, 08:55 AM
people now know when the "off season" is so they plan their vacations accordingly...nobody likes crowds..:)

jrad32
09-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Plus Nevadans get Friday, Oct. 28 off for Nevada Day. No school.

infinite
09-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Plus Nevadans get Friday, Oct. 28 off for Nevada Day. No school.
True. But that is not the REAL Nevada day!

Also that is when my boys are throwing their Halloween party, so I would think more of our statesmen will stay here for that…..ha ha ha ha….ha ha ha.

sandiegorob
09-22-2005, 11:50 AM

Thanks for the link. I see they're having a Tim Burton "Nightmare Before Christmas" festival the weekend I'll be there. Sounds interesting, I may have to check it out.

MrsPooh
09-22-2005, 12:26 PM
people now know when the "off season" is so they plan their vacations accordingly...nobody likes crowds..:)

Is that why the summers are getting easier to navigate? Or is it because I have become a seasoned pro? ;)

MrsPooh
09-22-2005, 12:27 PM
True. But that is not the REAL Nevada day!

No kidding. It was really strange when they changed it, after so many years of having the 31st off. Mr. Pooh always thinks that would be a good day to go, but apparently not!

SCUBAbe
09-22-2005, 12:28 PM
Is that why the summers are getting easier to navigate? Or is it because I have become a seasoned pro? ;)

I think it's the seasoned pro thing...LOL...The crowds use to really bother me, but even when I went on a saturday during the summer it just didn't feel that bad to me..LOL...if I ever manage to go on a weekday during the "off season" it will probably feel like a ghost town to me..:)

wenderella
09-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Well...it is the best time of the year to visit. That could be it. Utahn's have UEA too. My kids have Oct. 29 - 21st off.

mkraemer
09-22-2005, 03:02 PM
Well...it is the best time of the year to visit. That could be it. Utahn's have UEA too. My kids have Oct. 29 - 21st off.

Huh. I'd read another thread about UEA being the previous weekend. Perhaps it's region-dependent, like school in-service or local holidays are...

Oh well. It's just too bad. The Future President of Disneyland had really wanted to stay at the PP hotel to try out their pool, but that just won't be happening.