PDA

View Full Version : A six-year old's birthday at the DLR

mckygirl99
09-21-2005, 07:57 PM
Can someone recommend a place to take a 6 year old for his birthday? We don't want to have a party but we kinda want to do to a restuarant were the characters are and they sing to him. This is something I have actually never done before and my sister called me asking for help and I can't believe I really don't know.

Has anyone done Goofy's Kitchen? What exactly happens at the Plaza Inn? Do some of restaurants make a big deal about birthdays?

Thanks for your input!

truesally
09-21-2005, 09:42 PM
You can request fun little extras, like goodie bags & special cakes. Check out this link at the Disneyland website:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/moreMagic/specialOccasions/detail?name=BirthdaysDetailPage

Have fun!

SarahShep
09-21-2005, 09:48 PM
LOL...now can anyone tell me what they'll do for a 23 year-old's b-day??? :D Cuz I'll be there for mine early next year!

mkraemer
09-21-2005, 10:19 PM
Can someone recommend a place to take a 6 year old for his birthday? We don't want to have a party but we kinda want to do to a restuarant were the characters are and they sing to him. This is something I have actually never done before and my sister called me asking for help and I can't believe I really don't know.

Has anyone done Goofy's Kitchen? What exactly happens at the Plaza Inn? Do some of restaurants make a big deal about birthdays?

Thanks for your input!

We have had birthday celebrations at Goofy's Kitchen, and it's fun, but it's not a huge deal. It makes the birthday child feel special, and that's nice.

We also had a birthday celebration at the Plaza Inn, and although my kids thought it was fine, I didn't like it at all. It was very rushed, cost too much per person, and just too cheesy (no pun about mice intended).

One very nice, and free! thing you can do is to take the birthday child to City Hall and get them a Happy Birthday sticker that they can wear all day. Very often, CMs and other guests will wish them happy birthday!

Mousetrap
09-21-2005, 11:36 PM
If you stay at any of the 3 hotels and you tell them ahead of time thats its your son/daughters B-day they give a B-day button, balloons, and a pic of mickey and minnie signed by them in front of the castle for free. Most cms say Happy B-day if they wear it around the resort.

stan4d_steph
09-22-2005, 06:41 AM
If you haven't read it yet, there's an article at MousePlanet written in April of this year that discusses the different birthday options at the DL Resort. Click here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050412lp.htm).

Rteneyck
09-22-2005, 07:37 AM
I am taking my daughter this weekend for her 5th b-day, and I am having lunch at goofy's kitchen. We ordered one of the birthday buckets and I also talked with vacation planning and ordered one of the "Golden Ear" baskets to be delivered to the room. Lots of little surprises. I hope she enjoys it.

ToursbabeC3po
09-22-2005, 08:42 AM
I agree with the B-day sticker. It is free and most cast members will say "happy Birthday" and make the child feel special on there special day. Have fun and Happy Birthday to your Son!!!!
Toursbabe

Nancy
09-22-2005, 09:12 AM
Kids can also make chocolate chip cookies for free too. They get a chefs hat (that they could even put Happy Birthday on along with the childs name) and they have a blast.

shawnarae
09-22-2005, 09:30 AM
We went 2 weekends ago for my son's 4th Birthday and did a lot. We had the birthday bucket (which has a little pastry cake in it) delivered to our room at GC. We had a dinner at Goofy's Kitchen, with party bags and balloons we ordered before hand.

Then at the park we got the Birthday sticker @ City Hall, which was great (since my son got a kick out of everyone saying Happy Birthday to him all day long). Then we did the Birthday Celebration at Plaza Inn (2pm) & enjoyed it. For $10 a person I was not expecting a lot, but it was fun. It was an interactive show basically. We got to decorate a cake & pictures with Mickey & Minnie. I enjoyed it, as did my kids. It felt special to have a birthday party in Disneyland with the castle int he background. It was 45 minutes long and flew by fast...but overall the pictures turned out great. I will post a link soon :) I took a lot of pictures & video of the party (it was hosted by Pat E Cake).

jrsharp21
09-22-2005, 11:29 AM
We had our daughter's fourth birthday at the Plaza Inn with Pat E Cake. It was a good time for all. We had about 15 people in our party. Mickey was nice enough to take several different pictures with us since we had such a large group.

I thought Pat E Cake did a good job in keeping the flow of the party going. It was well worth the $10 for each person. I think watching the kids decorate the cake and making messes was hilarious.

cstephens
09-22-2005, 11:35 AM
I have a birthday page posted (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html) that might be useful for info. Only change is that pretty much all the merchandise in the cart in front of Plaza Inn has been removed. Only thing left seems to be a pin (different than the one on the page) and the birthday buckets. Too bad. The Pat E. Cake Mickey plush was cute.

ToursbabeC3po
09-22-2005, 12:59 PM
That birthday party at plaza inn was a nightmare while working Astro OMGosh!!!! If I even hear that song again it may send me to a institution. It is cute for the kids though.
Toursbabe

mckygirl99
09-22-2005, 01:40 PM
WOW!! Guys thanks for all your help! I will forward this info to my sister and help her plan it! At the Plaza Inn, it's $10 per kid? We have 3 kids going b/c they are the only ones we know with APs. But I like the GK thing too! Tough decision!