PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Sleep Disorder?

mariezp
09-21-2005, 06:54 PM
I read a post somewhere (that I can't find again now!) that someone was mentioning having strange dreams right before their Disneyland trip. I generally save my strange dreams until I am already on vacation. I guess sleeping in a different bed has an odd affect on me! Anyway, I was just wondering if there are any others out there that get themselves so worked up that they can't sleep before their upcoming trips? My mind is so busy that I wake up every few hours! We still have 8 days to go. I hope I am not totally wore out before I even get to Disneyland!

IcDkRy16
09-21-2005, 07:02 PM
I did that last night. I didn't fall asleep till 3, and woke up at 7:30, an hour before I was supposed to be up. It probably didn't help that I thought I had strep throat. I was so nervous that I had it and I wouldn't be able to go. I kept waking up every few hours and having dreams we couldn't go cause I was sick. My mom checked my throat today and said it doesn't look like I have strep, but I do have a weird bump on my right tonsil :\. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow, so hopefully the dreams will stop tomorrow night or I'm going to go crazy!

pirateabbie
09-21-2005, 07:07 PM
I am right there with you! I am so excited that I have trouble falling asleep and then I keep waking up. I finally took an Ambien last night so that I could get at least one good night's sleep. It looks as though I'll be at Disneyland around the same time as you. I'll keep my eye out for someone else who has dark circles around their eyes!

lauramaynot
09-22-2005, 12:13 PM
I too have trouble sleeping just like when I was a kid. My husband can't believe it when I stay up till 2am getting packed and ready to go and then get up at 5am singing DL songs - I am not a morning person, but I am a disneyland person.

funny story: a couple of weeks ago I was up early in the am because I woke up feeling sick. I went out in the living room and turned on the tv. My daughter came out of her room and asked "are we going to disneyland today?" of course we were not but when she heard me up before the sun she thought we must be if mom is up that early... :D

I Heart Disneyland!
09-22-2005, 12:19 PM
Okay---last night was the icing on the cake of my pre-DL trip dreams!!!

I had a dream that Main Street was ALL enclosed, like a mall! :eek: And there was a DENNY'S ON MAIN STREET!!!!! (NOOOOOOOOOO!) And, in the dream, I was walking around saying to everyone, "Walt Disney would not like this at all, this is not what he wanted for Main Street" (or something like that). I woke up muttering something about "When are you making rocky road candy" to the Candy Palace person! I was SO glad to wake up!

Skunker
09-22-2005, 12:26 PM
That was me who started the thread on the pre-DL trip dreams...yes I do have trouble sleeping when on vacation! Well, at least we're all not alone. And a Denny's on Main Street? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

twist1980
09-22-2005, 12:37 PM
I have trouble sleeping for a few nights before I leave on vacation and it is always the worst thenight before I leave. I figure it is just because I'm so darn excited to be going somewhere! I don't sleep well while I'm at DL either because I'm always so excited to get up and go!

leotatoombs
09-22-2005, 12:37 PM
All this week I have had trouble sleeping! Now that I have decided to go sept 29 thru the 3rd of oct. I cant't sleep & am restless! It's really a problem getting all those disney soundtracks out of my head! I feel like I have an I-pod in my head & it's playing musical history of DL on shuffle!!!! Last night I got a little better nights sleep.I took some tylenol PM and put my brain on it's a small world repeat. :D

texas minnie
09-22-2005, 12:56 PM
We leave on Saturday, and I woke up at 5:30 this morning - all worked up about the trip...what all needs to be done, what to pack, what not to forget, what movies the kids still haven't seen (yikes! We need to rent Pinocchio and watch it before we leave!!!) I just layed there for a while, then finally got up. I am so glad to hear that I'm not the only one! I never really completely relax until we're all sitting on the plane, and it pulls away from the gate.

How nice to be a kids and just have your parents wake you up in time to leave for the airport - bags packed, trip researched, snacks made!

On a previous thread, I mentioned that I was thinking of ordering the boys mouse ears to wear to the airport. I ordered them from mousesavers.com, free embroidery and all! I gave them to the boys last night, and they have had them on ever since (all over town today, actually!). They are so proud of them and so excited! (sorry to get off the subject there...)

mariezp
09-22-2005, 02:56 PM
All this week I have had trouble sleeping! Now that I have decided to go sept 29 thru the 3rd of oct. I cant't sleep & am restless! It's really a problem getting all those disney soundtracks out of my head! I feel like I have an I-pod in my head & it's playing musical history of DL on shuffle!!!! Last night I got a little better nights sleep.I took some tylenol PM and put my brain on it's a small world repeat. :D

I tried the Tylenol PM last night too. (My daughter swears by it!) Guess it doesn't work for me. I still woke up 2 times in the middle of the night!