PDA

View Full Version : Whats the worse thing that has ever happened to you at the parks?

awinner
02-28-2002, 11:54 PM
For all the years I have been going to the parks, i was trying to think of what was the worse thing that has happned to me at DLR. Since after all it is the happiest place on earth, not much has happened. I think besides from some of the rude people that I have encountered, and the occasional hair in the food, I would have to say that wearing jeans and sitting in the front of Splash, and getting soaked w/ jeans on and getting a rash from walking in wet pants all day...that was miserable.

Nigel2
03-01-2002, 12:02 AM
Hmmmmm... since this is crummy not embarrasing. I got a bloody nose from really dry weather and I spent a while in the bathroom waiting for it to stop.

Uncle Dick
03-01-2002, 12:20 AM
Grad Nite. Tired, bored (only certain attractions open), and cheated ($41 for 6 hours in a half closed Disneyland) are a few of the words that describe how I felt that morning. Fortunately, I'll never have to go through that again (as a guest anyway ;)).

MouseWife
03-01-2002, 10:21 AM
First off, would definitely have to be wearing new shoes and getting blisters. Ouch!

Second, I think the worse thing that happened was when they had that new parade {after Main St. Electric}, I forget the name. Anywho, the Main St. was packed, it was dangerous. People were getting crushed. They didn't have a good way for people to get out {to leave the park}. We were at the curb, one lady asked if she could go past to meet up with her family, I said sure. That created an out for the crowd, they took it. It was horrible. My son became separated from us {thank God he was in his stroller}, started to freak out, which in turn freaked me out, I could only plead with my eyes to the woman next to him to comfort him and prevent him from getting out of his stroller. Finally security came and closed up this hole {okay, which I opened up, geez, made me never let anyone past me AGAIN!}. Which left a woman with a newborn separated from her family and crying and another guy ready to throw punches because someone wouldn't keep the line moving.

I think that was the problem. Don't they fix that during the snow parade? A clear area for people to keep moving?

Yeah. That was not a happy experience.

Didn't like the parade either.

DisneylandBoy
03-01-2002, 12:02 PM
I go to the Orange County High School of the Arts in Santa Ana. There is a very prestigious performing group there called the Kids Next Door. It is for al students, 9-12 grade. Well, the end of my eighth grade year, I auditioned with EVERY kid in the school - hoping to get in. I was one of three eighth graders to get called back. They were going to post the list before school got out for the summer, but they didn't. So they gave us a number to call and it would say the cast list. Well, the Monday after we got out from school, I was at Disneyland with my friends. I was so anxious to find out that I called as we were getting on the raft to go from Tom Sawyer's Island to NOS. Well - it was there that I found out I didn't get in. I was very dissapointed, but because I was at Disneyland, it didn't cause me to kill myself. I think I handled it better than if I had been at home. It still kind of ruined the rest of the day for me.

Nigel2
03-01-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by MouseWife
Second, I think the worse thing that happened was when they had that new parade {after Main St. Electric}, I forget the name. Anywho, the Main St. was packed, it was dangerous

Didn't like the parade either.

Well I am going to assume you mean light magic. Yes crowds were a major problem with the parade since there were only 2 spots to watch the "parade" since the floats had movies on them. I beleive it got so bad (since the parade went down to main street for the first parade) that they opened a backstage path to the exit since Main street was a mob.

MouseWife
03-01-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2

Well I am going to assume you mean light magic. Yes crowds were a major problem with the parade since there were only 2 spots to watch the "parade" since the floats had movies on them. I beleive it got so bad (since the parade went down to main street for the first parade) that they opened a backstage path to the exit since Main street was a mob.

That's it!!!

Man, that was a frightening experience.

Nigel2
03-01-2002, 11:32 PM
The parade or the crowd?:D

MouseWife
03-01-2002, 11:43 PM
The parade or the crowd?:D

:p :p :p

Well, actually, that darn parade did remind me of a nightmare I once had...........

Ya know, I didn't complain. The tickets were free. ;)

Nigel2
03-02-2002, 12:25 AM
It was funny I thought it was nice (esp the confetti and strobes). I guess it was also nice that I didn't have to wait for hours to see it since I was by myself that day so I could just weave into the crowd without problem.

Also shouldn't the title be "worst not worse"?:D

MouseWife
03-02-2002, 09:23 AM

Also shouldn't the title be "worst not worse"?:D

[/B]

Ah, right.

Not only did I get your little 'Smilie' mocking me,
I had Jackie Chan pointing at me saying,
Yeah, got you!

Had to crack up.

Well, I guess I could be remembered for worse.............

03-02-2002, 09:44 AM
1998 - One of my dad's wishes was to go to Disneyland one last time. He had leukemia, was weak, could walk but did much better in a wheel chair.

Okay, we spend a gazillion $$$ for a suite at the DL Hotel because we could wheel him from the suite to the tram to the park. The tram would let us off by the front gate, not far from where we'd rent his wheelchair for our day at DL. This was all explained when we made the reservations.

No one - NO ONE - mentioned the DCA construction which caused the tram to let us off maybe 1/4 mile from the park's gates.

Okay, we finally get Dad squared away in a wheelchair. His first choice of an attraction was the Tiki Room. One of the CMs was completely unaccommodating. This was an obviously frail old man, not obnoxious or demanding.

I will say the CMs at Honey, I Shrunk the Audience completely made up for the cruddy Tiki Room experience.

mad4mky
03-02-2002, 02:24 PM
Besides blisters on my feet when I was a kid....

It was in September of 1996...supposedly the "last of the MSEP Forever"....It was the last weekend of September. I figured, kids would be back in school, etc. I now know NEVER go on that weekend, because every school in Utah has it off for some state-wide teacher conference dealie...so practically every Utahian comes out to DL that weekend...between that, and everyone wanting the see the parade before it left...it was packed. They had to close the gates to the park at about 1:00 in the afternoon because it was sooooo crowded. It was a mob scene. After Fantasmic, my little kids got seperated from us. Gee, if someone had a gun, or an earthquake it...people would have been trampled on. It was a bad scene overall.

Then to top it off...I had gone with my then "boyfriend" (now husband)...and he brought his son with us (and that kid could be a whole story in itself, he practically ruined the trip just being the way he is)...and we had my 3 girls. Well, bf and I got in our first and worst fight ever...in front of the kids, in front of The Rivers of America. It was the WORST trip I have ever had to DL. My kids were just dumbstruck that someone would yell at ME...in Disneyland. We laugh about that trip now...but my husband knows NEVER yell at me at DL...and not in front of my kids.
That was the WORST trip ever! (I could've rung his kids neck by about 10 minutes after we started our drive down...and I held my mouth...until about the last day...and I had to put him in his place...).
NO ONE YELLS AT ME IN DL!!! #1 family rule in our house!

MammaSilva
03-02-2002, 06:19 PM
A second horror story from light magic here.....we had a group of about 20 special needs "kids" with a chaparone ratio of 3 to one we had three in wheelchairs, we weren't even trying to stay and watch the parade we knew that we needed to get the troops out of there so we weren't on the main side walk, we had sort of weaved in and out of the stores until we got to the camera shop then went the 'back' sidewalks trying to get out of the crush.....people sort of just 'swarmed' in as they did an announcement and we were in gridlock with people pushing and shoving and even I was starting to get very very worried for the safety of all around us when a large group of football players appeared out of the mist so to speak and the guys actually PICKED up all 3 wheelchairs, two of them got in front of our group and acted like a 'wedge' until they got people to move aside enough to get our group thru single file, the players were carrying the wheelchairs ON their shoulders and keeping the space open for us to get the rest out of the crush.....when they finally got us in the clear I thanked them profussley (SP?) ok I gushed and gushed our thanks, turns out the team captains little brother had Down Syndrome and had never been to Disneyland because "no one" was brave enough to bring him and when he saw us in trouble they just "had" to help.......that was our first night at the park and the LAST time we were in the area when it was time for the show....other than that I haven't had a "terrible" experience

AliKzam
03-02-2002, 11:36 PM
I have three bad experiences. None happened directly to me. Well, when I was a kid I'd get a migrane whenever I got hyper there-- never fun. But once, four of my friends, my parents and I went to Disneyland on a crowded day. One lady was cutting in front of us on Big Thunder Mountain. People do that for various reasons. One of my friends wasn't paying attention to her, and was resting her hand on the bar. The lady (had to be in her 40s)smacked her hand and walked right past her.
Another time I saw a lady let her toddler urinate in line for BTM (funny about that). Also, after that trip, a few days later my dad had a massive heart attack and almost died. That's why I really hate going on crowded days. From now on, spring and fall, Friday or Monday.

IndianaJenn
03-04-2002, 02:14 PM
Can I get an "AMEN" on the after parade mass exodus?!

Last Christmastime, my husband and I watched the holiday parade and snowfall near Coke Corner. He was tired and grumpy after the parade so we tried to make our way out immediately following the snow. BAD IDEA!! We were stuck in the ice cream parlor in total gridlock for about 20 minutes. It's hard to keep the Disney spirit when your toes have a stroller on top of them and about 20 people are invading your personal space!

Has Disney ever done anything to help this situation? It was crazy, scary, and the only time I have felt in danger at DLR.

MouseWife
03-04-2002, 03:14 PM
Amen.

Nigel2
03-04-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by IndianaJenn
Has Disney ever done anything to help this situation? It was crazy, scary, and the only time I have felt in danger at DLR.

I am usually alone or with a person that drove themself to the park so I am not toally concerned if we get seperated in a crowd, but it helps if you are use to those things.

Escaping through the shops helps

Well if you have time you could take 1 of 2 long ways out, the train or the monorail. If you are lucky the DD buses (I think they are down till summer) will pick you up and take you to the parking structure so that saves waiting for a tram.:)