PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Face Characters Pay

ATeensyBitObsessed
09-21-2005, 02:28 PM
Hi! Newbie here. I was just wondering if anyone knew how much Disneyland face characters, such as the princesses, made. I know they get fairly good benefits, but if anyone could help me out, it would be much appreciated. My mom won't even think about letting me apply before she knows everything about it. Thanks!

garrett240
09-21-2005, 03:07 PM
I can't honestly say about the face characters. However, in general the CM are paid pretty badly. When I worked there, (in 1992ish) the ride operators were paid $5.15/hr. The parade dancers were paid about the same. Most of the hourly CM's were paid $5.15 or close to it.

I don't know if is different or not for the characters, but Disney does most of their hiring in April, May..maybe March time. They hire for the summer season. When CM's first start, they have a certain status (Casual Temp..I Think that's what it's called) Basicly, Disney says they will hire for the summer and no promises beyond that. Also, few if any benefits..no medical insurance, ect. After the summer, they let most of the casual temps go, but keep a few. Those may get a status increase and work during the low season. Those get some benfits and some things like a few free tickets from friends ect.

It takes some time before one reaches a point where one gets benefits and stuff. I guess how long it takes depends on your department and how many people are in that department. Also, I think all hourly CM's have to be part of a union to work there.

Like I said, that's the "regular" CM's. I don't know if or how the characters are different.

DISNEYfied
09-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Well for sure it has to be more than $6.75 / hr because thats minimum wage in California, and they can't pay less than that. My friend works there and gets $9.00 / hr for being a non face character.

garrett240
09-21-2005, 03:59 PM
I've been gone from California for too long. I didn't know they had a "new" minimum wage. It was $5.15 the last time I worked in California..ten years ago.

ToursbabeC3po
09-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Face characters get paid way more and start out more then costumed characters because they have to talk and they are acting. Last I heard it was about 11.00 an hour to start but it could have gone up that was a few years ago. They use to pay the face characters poorly but they found out they would quit quickly because as soon as they have "Disney face Character" on there resume they get acting roles. SO they bumped up the pay in 1997. This is pay for California not any other disney resort.
Toursbabe

SarahShep
09-21-2005, 09:47 PM
I've been gone from California for too long. I didn't know they had a "new" minimum wage. It was $5.15 the last time I worked in California..ten years ago.

LOL...that's still the going rate in AZ. Although, most jobs in a metro area will start you at $6-$7, but they don't have to. It's a right-to-work state, so as long as they meet the $5.15 minimum, they can pay whatever they like.

SDiamond
01-18-2006, 08:04 PM
WDW Face pay starts at $9.25 an hour. Not bad for FL.