PDA

View Full Version : Questions: Monorail, UEA Weekend

garrett240
09-21-2005, 06:58 AM
Hello, I just found this board yesterday. Very helpful information.

I have a couple of questions:

Monorail: I understand that it doesn't go to the hotel anymore but to Downtown Disney. If I have AP tickets, can I enter the park from the monorail station instead of going through the main gates? How about if I use the 2nd day of a muli-day ticket.

UEA Weekend: In Utah all of the schools in Utah get Oct 22/21 (Thurs/Fri) off due to their teacher union. I have a friend who used to live in Cal who claims that weekend in Disney nearly as crowded as summer. Utah always gives one long weekend in Oct. I was wondering if any of you can confirm (or deny) that that weekend is nearly as full as summer.

We are traveling to California for two weeks in October! (I can't remember the last time I had two weeks off) I grew up in So Cal so we are staying with my parents. We are going to DL on the weekdays but to see the nighttime shows we have to go on one Friday as well.

:D

stan4d_steph
09-21-2005, 07:06 AM
Monorail: I understand that it doesn't go to the hotel anymore but to Downtown Disney. If I have AP tickets, can I enter the park from the monorail station instead of going through the main gates? How about if I use the 2nd day of a muli-day ticket.Welcome to MP, Garrett240! The monorail hasn't moved, but the area that used to contain another area of DL Hotel rooms was removed and converted to the DTD area. You must have a valid Disneyland admission ticket to ride the monorail. It doesn't matter what kind of media it is, just that it's valid and it's for Disneyland; you can't use a single park ticket for DCA (which in your case doesn't seem to apply).

ezrasmommy
09-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Hi Garret240! I'm new here too and i'm from slc! Anyways to answer the question of UEA we went last year and it wasn't that bad on the weekdays. sat was a little worse but i think the longest we had to wait was 40 min on indy, of course i was pregnant so i didn't go on it and it seemed like longer to me! i love october in disneyland and we always try to go then alot of the time during uea, it also depends on what other conventions and such are going on at the time...we are actually going this year oct. 6 and 7 wiyh our little 6 month old and my sis is pregnant this time so she gets to stay with the baby while i go on all the rides i missed last year. :)

uvsc_wolverine
09-21-2005, 02:08 PM
I went over UEA last year and it wasn't bad at all. We were there Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (and we're doing it again this year) and the crowds were pretty light. The lines weren't excessive at all. I don't recall waiting long in line for anything, really. Indy MIGHT have been 30 minutes, but I'm inclined to think that it was even less than that. In the three days that we were there we went on everything we wanted multiple times.

tladle
09-21-2005, 02:21 PM
I haven't visited during UEA for about 5 years but I can say that compared to the prior three days, the Thursday and Friday of UEA are more busy.

With that being said, October is a great time to visit Disneyland. The crowds are manageable, the hotel prices are lower and the weather is typically just right.

ezrasmommy
09-21-2005, 03:24 PM
its also kind of fun during UEA because you usually are not the only dork in the park wearing shorts down to your knees... :p my husband and i graduated from usu and we love to see all the people in their byu gear with all their kids matching their cougar love.

Toonfinder
09-21-2005, 06:51 PM
If you go over UEA you find whole families in U of U garb, and others in BYU garb... and they meet up all the time. It's pretty funny.

dlandnut
09-22-2005, 06:01 AM
When we went in June, my son wore University of Utah t-shirts and hats his whole visit. Time and time again, he was "booed" by the BYUers. Ironically, we're even from Utah County, lol!!! :)