PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Holiday Open September 30th?

nursemelis374
09-20-2005, 08:24 PM
It looks like the HM is closed until September 29th, does this mean that the HMH overlay will be ready to go on Friday, the 30th? I hope so, I am taking my little cousin and I know she would love it!

disney jones
09-20-2005, 08:30 PM
i am so ready for HMH :cool:

Darkbeer
09-20-2005, 08:33 PM
Yes, the scheduled opening of HMH is Friday, September 30th, and is scheduled to go thru Sunday, January 8th.

FYI, iasw goes down Monday, October 24th, and reopens Friday, November 11th as the holiday version.

olegc
09-20-2005, 09:10 PM
JHM reported that 2006 could be the final year for HMH to EVER exist at any Disney park. Go to his site (http://www.jimhillmedia.com) to read some of the inside info. And, as always, until Disney announces stuff officially it's still considered rumor.

melmel
09-20-2005, 09:30 PM
I have also heard from other cast members that this will be the last year for HMH. Don't know why; it's so successful. :/

olegc
09-20-2005, 09:33 PM
I have also heard from other cast members that this will be the last year for HMH. Don't know why; it's so successful. :/

well - for those not going to the site - the last year is next fall - and it's allegedly it's because Tim Burton feels Disney has made his film overly commercial - and is ruining the characters - so he wants them pulled. He still retains all rights to characters and has up to now allowed Disney to do stuff with them.

janell
09-21-2005, 07:26 AM
I will be sad to see HMH go. Its great that they do these over lays and makes it more festive.

Do you think if Disney hadn't wanted to put HMH in WDW, would Tim Burton have left it alone? Or does Tim Burton just not want it out there anymore?

Because to be honist, I wasn't an Nightmare fan, before the HMH. I watched the movie for the first time after going to the specail event in 2001. So the event made me a fan. And I am now looking forware to Tim Burtons new movie and plan to go see it. Where I might have not gone and see it with out the HMH and getting hocked. :)

I hope Tim Burton changes his mind and lets HMH stay at DL.