PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy cheap souvenirs, like sweatshirts etc?

Pages : [1] 2

mollie1
09-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Again we are going with five girls , three teenagers and two ten yr olds, who will all want to bring back and buy souvenirs, so where is the cheapest place to buy them, I heard something about the warehouse, but is it within walking distance as we wont have a car, staying at the candy cane, thank you, I cant believe how much this board has helped , and I am writing everything down so I will have it with me when we go,

Darkbeer
09-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Again we are going with five girls , three teenagers and two ten yr olds, who will all want to bring back and buy souvenirs, so where is the cheapest place to buy them, I heard something about the warehouse, but is it within walking distance as we wont have a car, staying at the candy cane, thank you, I cant believe how much this board has helped , and I am writing everything down so I will have it with me when we go,

The Disney Character Warehouse is not with walking distance, but you could take the bus, route 43 goes up and down Harbor every 15 minutes all day, seven days a week. Just take the North bound bus to Orangethrope (about 4 miles), and you should see it. There is also a grocery store nearby (Food4Less), plus an In-n-Out Burger for a great lunch.

mckygirl99
09-20-2005, 06:51 PM
The Disney Character Warehouse is not with walking distance, but you could take the bus, route 43 goes up and down Harbor every 15 minutes all day, seven days a week. Just take the North bound bus to Orangethrope (about 4 miles), and you should see it. There is also a grocery store nearby (Food4Less), plus an In-n-Out Burger for a great lunch.

I second that!! I got great sweatshirts for $8 for myself and my daughter. You've got to check it out!

BalooNumberTwo
09-20-2005, 06:58 PM
I second that!! I got great sweatshirts for $8 for myself and my daughter. You've got to check it out!

Any idea what time this Disney warehouse opens and closes? What is the name of the transit company there so i can look up routes...Is the grocery store accessable from the same bus stop that you take to get to the Disney Store?

kinglouie1967
09-20-2005, 07:11 PM
Wow, this sounds like a great place to shop before hitting the parks.

My only fear is we'll spend a ton of money at the Disney Character Warehouse and then spend even more money in the parks!

I read that the outlet store has magnets and Star Wars stuff, which we always buy. Is there a large selection? Also, do they sell pins?

Darkbeer
09-20-2005, 07:16 PM
It is the Orange County Transit Authority....

http://www.octa.net/

The route is simple, just take the 43 north (it basically goes up and down Harbor) about 4 miles to Orangethrope (just past the 91). The In-n-Out is on the Corner, you should be able to see the Warehouse, it is east of Harbor on Orangethorpe. The Grocery Store is one more block east, on the same side of the street.

http://www.ams-liquidation.com/

Website shows that the store is open 10 to 9 Monday thru Thursday, 9 to 9 on Friday and Saturday, and 10 to 8 on Sunday.

maryjeane
09-20-2005, 08:24 PM
Is is really closing on November 3? Our trip is Nov. 13-19.

Darkbeer
09-20-2005, 08:36 PM
Is is really closing on November 3? Our trip is Nov. 13-19.

You are looking at a photo from a prior roving store, don't worry.

The Disney Character Warehouse at Harbor and Orangethrope is the one permanent store, the other locations get short term leases (usually at a cut rate) and move around. Click on "Stores" from the main page to see the list of current locations.

EchoThree76
09-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Whats the exacty address of the disney character wearhouse. My wife and i are coming in from Wa. and would like to go there.

Darkbeer
09-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Whats the exacty address of the disney character wearhouse. My wife and i are coming in from Wa. and would like to go there.

http://www.ams-liquidation.com/stores.htm

Top store on the list....:fez:

melmel
09-20-2005, 09:23 PM
The only downside is that they don't have any fitting rooms. So dress lightly, for trying on sweaters/shirts/etc. I recommend that the ladies wear a cami in case they find a tee or ladies' tee that they like.

It is also across the street from a Sonic, which is my favorite. Yum slush!

Whittibo
09-21-2005, 05:56 AM
We LOVE this store. Been shopping there for 4 out of the past 5 years. I am on their mailing list, so occasionally get 10% coupons too. I HOPE they send me a coupon before I leave!!

We try to find anything we can at the warehouse, then if we need "more" we get it in the park. We spend a lot, it's like a free-for-all when we're on vacation.. LOL.. but always get GREAT deals at the warehouse!

DaddyB
09-21-2005, 05:59 AM
I don't know that you'd see the store from the bus. It's in the shopping center with the circuit city, which will be on the right hand side of the bus as it's going up Harbor right after it crosses the 91 freeway, I believe.

Stupid_American
09-21-2005, 06:16 AM
I don't know that you'd see the store from the bus. It's in the shopping center with the circuit city, which will be on the right hand side of the bus as it's going up Harbor right after it crosses the 91 freeway, I believe.
I was wondering if they would spot it also.

After passing under the freeway, signal for the stop.
The store will be east (you've been heading north) of Harbor.

DaddyB
09-21-2005, 07:08 AM
under the freeway???

Skunker
09-21-2005, 07:14 AM
We LOVE this store. Been shopping there for 4 out of the past 5 years. I am on their mailing list, so occasionally get 10% coupons too. I HOPE they send me a coupon before I leave!!

We try to find anything we can at the warehouse, then if we need "more" we get it in the park. We spend a lot, it's like a free-for-all when we're on vacation.. LOL.. but always get GREAT deals at the warehouse!

It's getting close for us now isn't it??!!!! Yippee!

mckygirl99
09-21-2005, 09:02 AM
Back in 98 or 99, I remember I had lived in HB at the time. I was going to Target. I parked my car, got and saw this huge bright yellow sign that said "Disney Warehouse". I never did make it to Target that day but that was a temporary store.

I have been to one in Oxnard and Barstow. Fullerton seems to always have the best selection. Next time I am in Vegas, I will check that one out too. Sometimes they have great stuff and sometimes the stuff is just OK. They seem to carry alot of the same merchandise as Company D, although CD is cheaper. I usually go to the warehouse once a month to see what's new. Great place to Christmas shop!

SCUBAbe
09-21-2005, 09:09 AM
The Disney Chracter warehosue has inexpensive stuff, but it's hit and miss. Sometimes I go and they have alot of nice stuff, but most of the time they just have junk...or maybe I'm just to picky..*shrug*

stan4d_steph
09-21-2005, 09:16 AM
MousePlanet ran an article last August with tips on how to make the most of your souvenir budget. Here's the link (http://www.mouseplanet.com/lani/tp040804lt.htm).

The Character Warehouse store sells closeouts that it buys from Disney, so it is hit and miss. It's like a Marshall's or TJ Maxx, only it sells Disney theme park merchandise. :)

yellowrosedtxn
09-21-2005, 09:25 AM
Here is a coupon I found online for 10% off your purchases, for the Character Warehouse.

http://www.thechamber.net/cgi-bin/f...pmc&ID=HNDgKiGb (http://www.thechamber.net/cgi-bin/foxweb.dll/wlx/dir/wlxcpn?ec=lbyklLsiprtbx4mpmc&ID=HNDgKiGb)

AlbertaMinnie
09-21-2005, 09:55 AM
Here is a coupon I found online for 10% off your purchases, for the Character Warehouse.

http://www.thechamber.net/cgi-bin/f...pmc&ID=HNDgKiGb (http://www.thechamber.net/cgi-bin/foxweb.dll/wlx/dir/wlxcpn?ec=lbyklLsiprtbx4mpmc&ID=HNDgKiGb)

Make sure you print yourself several copies of this coupon...I did and it was a good thing because their merchandise seems to sell so quickly and we went back several times during our vacation!

Baloo
09-21-2005, 03:11 PM

The character wherehouse carries some great stuff. Best thing to do is call if you can and see if they are getting any deliveries during your stay. Basically they get one to two deliveries a month and usually the first week of the deliveries is the best time to go. Many smaller store owners go there to buy the merchandise to resale. It is all merchandise from the resort and still has its tags.

Like someone mentioned just go north on harbor and get of on orangethorpe.
There is a large open mall with a circuit city. The character wherehouse is on the opposite side of the mall from the circuit city. it is the last store of the strip.

also if you can, register your e-mail online with them. Once you are at the store let them know that your e-mail is registered (normally they send periodic e-mails announceing temporary stores, print one out if you get it) and you get an extra 10% off.

oh by the way, the temporary store pricing is higher than the flagship store near disneyland

EchoThree76
09-22-2005, 02:37 PM
Wow, this sounds like a great place to shop before hitting the parks.

My only fear is we'll spend a ton of money at the Disney Character Warehouse and then spend even more money in the parks!

I read that the outlet store has magnets and Star Wars stuff, which we always buy. Is there a large selection? Also, do they sell pins?

What kinda of Star wars stuff?

Lani
09-22-2005, 02:59 PM
MousePlanet ran an article last August with tips on how to make the most of your souvenir budget. Here's the link (http://www.mouseplanet.com/lani/tp040804lt.htm).Thanks for the plug, Steph! I was just going to mention my Trip Planner article, called "Shoestring Souvenirs." I think this one is right up your alley. :)

kinglouie1967
09-22-2005, 07:25 PM
What kinda of Star wars stuff?

My younger son is 6, so he's mostly into action figures and vehicles. He's going to be a Clone Trooper for Halloween.

He's into the Dark Side -- Darth Vader and Gen. Grievous.