PDA

View Full Version : More new photos from today, Hub refurb walls and a lot more

Pages : [1] 2

Darkbeer
09-20-2005, 04:50 PM
http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/824983

Basically a general look at the park...

Current status of the Hub, Haunted Mansion, Sub Lagoon, Monster's Inc. area of DCA, the new Lady and the Tramp photo mosaic, plus the set-up and relocation of the Legends ceremony...

Plus a shot or two of Art Linkletter and Steve Martin.....

IcDkRy16
09-20-2005, 05:10 PM
Great photos! How were the crowds today? We leave in 1 week and 6 days, can't wait!!

Mickeyslittlehelper
09-20-2005, 05:13 PM
Those are great pictures, especially the ones with Steve & Art and of the construction in front of SSL. :) It looks like the weather was pretty bad today.

Darkbeer
09-20-2005, 05:15 PM
Great photos! How were the crowds today? We leave in 1 week and 6 days, can't wait!!

Very light, but the rain (we are having Thunder and Lighting) scared a lot of folks away...

Mondays thru Thursdays will be great next week, but be prepared for large crowds from Friday, September 30th thru Sunday, October 2nd.

junglejoy
09-20-2005, 07:16 PM
What happened to the flagpole?

What is the Legends ceremony? Too bad the press wouldn't let anyone else see. :rolleyes:

Darkbeer
09-20-2005, 07:19 PM
What happened to the flagpole?

What is the Legends ceremony? Too bad the press wouldn't let anyone else see. :rolleyes:

The Flagpole was hit by a sub-contractor's truck after hours, which fell into a Popcorn Cart, and damaged it a few months ago. The age of the wooden Flagpole didn't help....

As for the Legends ceremony, check this link....

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=47929

Doug
09-20-2005, 07:50 PM
Please explain pic:
73/74 " A lok behind the wall, looks like they are progressing on this project" what project?

Also how can you go in the middle of the week?! Don't you have a job??

Darkbeer
09-20-2005, 07:52 PM
The pavement work that is being done to the West side Arch of the Castle pathway, last time I took a photo, it was just dirt.....

Doug
09-20-2005, 08:06 PM
Hey! Since when did they put a crown (as seen in the top of pic 82) on to the top of the clock tower?

Doug
09-20-2005, 08:11 PM
How did you take pic 96? What where you standing on?

Doug
09-20-2005, 08:13 PM
I never noticed the ramp under the cart (in pic 100) before... hmm

nursemelis374
09-20-2005, 08:16 PM
Very light, but the rain (we are having Thunder and Lighting) scared a lot of folks away...

Mondays thru Thursdays will be great next week, but be prepared for large crowds from Friday, September 30th thru Sunday, October 2nd.

I don't think it will be that bad! It better not be! I am taking my cousin on Friday and we are going to do it al! Heck, if blueckles and I can do it all on a Friday in June; I think we will be fine on a Friday in September!

junglejoy
09-20-2005, 08:18 PM
Thanks Darkbeer for the info. As always, you are a very reliable source for our vacations. I'm paying a little closer attention to these boards lately because we will be at the DLR on Sunday for six days. I think DH and I are more excited than the kids.

Thanks for your great updates and information. It is so helpful and interesting. And I love all the pictures. There's something about pictures taken on a cloudy day - the colors are so vibrant and alive. Good work!

Darkbeer
09-20-2005, 08:27 PM
Photo 82 - That is a weather vane on top of the Main St. Railroad Station Clock tower.

Photo 96 - Nothing, the center of the Hub is elevated, and then with the zoom, it looks like I am.

Photo 100 - the platform is there to keep the cart level.

nightdesigns
09-20-2005, 08:45 PM
http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/824983

Basically a general look at the park...

Current status of the Hub, Haunted Mansion, Sub Lagoon, Monster's Inc. area of DCA, the new Lady and the Tramp photo mosaic, plus the set-up and relocation of the Legends ceremony...

Plus a shot or two of Art Linkletter and Steve Martin.....

Man, I must have just walked right past you today. I was walking past the opera house today at 11:45 and looking at the picture data on your photos, you were there at the same time.

Around 11:30 thunder and lightening started to roll in and a lot of rides were shut down. Had to make the trek from Tomorrowland to the DTD parking lot in the pouring rain. It was fun a least.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-20-2005, 09:02 PM
As always, loved the photos. You are THE MAN!

Mickey
09-20-2005, 11:06 PM
Is the Snow White Grotto now open?

Darkbeer
09-21-2005, 08:23 AM
Is the Snow White Grotto now open?

No, the repavement work still has both side entrances to the castle closed, including the grotto area.

Disneyfreak
09-21-2005, 12:38 PM

Why will the crowds be that bad on those dates? Also do you think the walls for the hub will be down by the 1st?

Darkbeer
09-21-2005, 12:59 PM
Why will the crowds be that bad on those dates? Also do you think the walls for the hub will be down by the 1st?

Yes, I am worried about the weekend (9-30 thru 10-2) from next... You have Gay Days starting Friday Night, the CHOC walk, and the Mouseketeers event, plus the opening of Haunted Mansion Holiday and the start of the Car Giveaway contest.

Last Saturday, the original estimate for Disneyland was 47 thousand, but was revised to 55 thousand the day before (Friday), Saturday morning it was upgraded again to 58,000.. and they finally had 61,500 go thru the turnstiles. FYI, 61 thousand is about what a normal July weekend day is.... And that was with NO special events!!!!

And the rest of October doesn't look any better, the next weekend is the Three Day Columbus Day weekend, and then October 21st thru the 23rd is a big weekend for folks from Utah, as there is a special school holiday (for the kids) that brings a lot of folks to the DLR.

As for the Hub project in regards to expanding the walkways, it is supposed to be done in phases (3 or 4), with each phase completed by Friday morning, to allow for full use of the area. In fact, if they are not removed, the Fire Marshall could step in and cut the park's capacity due to traffic flow, and Disney does not want that. You might see a couple of small areas blocked off if they are running behind, but the majority of walls should be removed for the weekend!

blackjackdelta
09-21-2005, 12:59 PM
Great photo's Darkbeer. Took 1400 when we were there in August. Got some decent ones without a flash in POTC.

Disneyfreak
09-21-2005, 01:16 PM
So gay day starts on Friday the 30th? I thought it started on the 2nd?

SCUBAbe
09-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Great photo's Darkbeer. Took 1400 when we were there in August. Got some decent ones without a flash in POTC.

thank you for not using a flash...:)....seriously thank you...it kills me when I'm on that ride with a flasher. It gives me an instant headache...that quickly turns to a migrain...I blame my eye surgety. it makes me light sensitive...and nothing is worse than being on a "dark" ride with a flasher....thank you...:)!!

Darkbeer
09-21-2005, 01:32 PM
So gay day starts on Friday the 30th? I thought it started on the 2nd?

http://www.outintampa.com/home/news.asp?articleid=9628

Basically, it starts Friday, September 30th with a major event at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, but usually there are some minor events the day or two before. Also, there are more meals planned at Ralph Brennan's on Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday the 1st is the main day at Disneyland, followed by a event at the House of Blues in DtD.

Sunday the 2nd is the day to hang out at DCA.

More info can be found here....

http://www.gayday2.com/html/home.html

Ward
09-21-2005, 02:21 PM
...and the Mouseketeers event, ...
Do you have any details on the events planned for the Mouseketeer Anniversary? Which days & what they're doing? Thanks. :)