PDA

View Full Version : Wherefore art thou, Jasmine?

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
09-20-2005, 02:28 PM
We were in the (apparently) small minority of visitors who had an awesome experience at the Plaza Inn Princess breakfast when we went in January. My oldest daughter's favorite princess is Jasmine, and we got to spend about 10 minutes with Jasmine, chatting and getting autographs and pictures. We also had fantastic princess interaction in the animation building. We're traveling from Sacramento to the HPOE in October with two other families, and we have 9 girls between us. All of them love princesses, and three of them adore Jasmine. With the princesses being confined to Ariel's Grotto and Jasmine not being featured there, do any of you know the best way to get a photo op/autograph with Jasmine? I'm going to have some very disappointed little ladies on my hand if we can't meet up with Aladdin and Jasmine. :(
Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Andrew
09-20-2005, 02:38 PM
"Aladdin & Jasmine's StoryTale Adventure", at Aladdin's Oasis in Adventureland, offers a meet-and-greet/autograph session at the end of each show. On dark days, Aladdin and Jasmine appear at the Oasis entrance throughout the day.

hbquikcomjamesl
09-20-2005, 02:52 PM
"Wherefore" is approximately synonymous with "Why."

When Juliet asks, "Wherefore art thou Romeo?", she isn't asking for his location; he's right in front of her! She's asking him why he is who he is (because of the forbidden nature of their love).

Andrew
09-20-2005, 03:04 PM
"Wherefore" is approximately synonymous with "Why."

When Juliet asks, "Wherefore art thou Romeo?", she isn't asking for his location; he's right in front of her! She's asking him why he is who he is (because of the forbidden nature of their love).
So the OP was not asking "Where can I find Jasmine", but "Why is Jasmine there at all"?

olegc
09-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Sometimes Aladdin and Jasmine are in front of the Train Station greeting guests as they walk in. I don't know of any set schedule - but they are there.

You can also ask a guy who does a site called Toonfinder.com. he is big on character interactions..

potzbie
09-20-2005, 03:29 PM
When Juliet asks, "Wherefore art thou Romeo?", she isn't asking for his location; he's right in front of her!.

Ah!
"There's the rub!"
"The play's the thing!"

You are close, but not on the nosey!

At the time of the Juliet's speech, Juliet is UNAWARE that Romeo is within hearing range.
Romeo is eavesdropping!
Her monologue is spoken to no one, but out of earshot of her family and nurse, on the balcony, and, she thinks, out of earshot of Romeo.

So, Romeo is NOT "right in front of her."

Meanwhile, the hidden Romeo is talking to himself, sotto voce, as an audience-aside, between Juliet's lines, like a Greek chorus.
Romeo's line, "What light thru yonder window breaks," is said to no one but himself, because he is hidden, and cannot reveal himself to a family member or family employee, lest the blood feud accrue more blood, right then and there!

Othewise, I agree with your post!
"Hoist by his own petard!"
"What fools these mortals be!"

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
09-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Thanks to those of you who provided information about meeting Jasmine. As for you Shakespeare experts, I was being playful...I'll make sure it doesn't happen again. :rolleyes: