PDA

View Full Version : Princess Storytelling

junewestgirl
09-20-2005, 11:26 AM
I didn't notice times listed for Princess Storytelling at Disneyland. Do they still do that? Do they have a schedule???

stan4d_steph
09-20-2005, 12:26 PM
I would check at the Tinker Bell Toy Shop in Fantasyland for times. It's still listed on the Disneyland website, but there aren't any times listed there.

bellbell
09-20-2005, 01:07 PM
it's never posted on the web site, but everytime we go, it is listed in the 'today's event list' they hand out at the entrance.
We just went a week ago and they did it 3 times daily at the Tinker Bell Toy Shop.

newportbeachbumz
09-20-2005, 01:10 PM
I planned a moms club event for a Disney Day Princess Story time for this Thursday. I checked with them ahead of time so I know it's still happening. Although, I'm drawing a blank as to what the time was that they told me.. :eek:

disney jones
09-20-2005, 01:14 PM
usually 11:30 am, 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm.

nvmom
09-20-2005, 02:53 PM
Can someone offer their opinion on the Princess Storytelling? We never did catch it last trip and wondered what we missed. Thanks.

nvmom

potzbie
09-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Can someone offer their opinion on the Princess Storytelling? We never did catch it last trip and wondered what we missed.

I liked it.
I have seen it maybe five times.
You ought to catch all three shows for all three princesses.

There is something authentic about a princess telling her own story that is better than, say, me, telling the same story.
(She would say, "There I was, when all of a sudden ..." whereas you or I would say, "There was Belle, when all of a sudden ...".)

The princess gets a male assistant to act out the parts, and do the sound effects, and to do the intro of the princess, and to coordinate the photo op/signing op, afterwards.
He is always funny, and does a Jerry Lewis style schtick that amuses children.

With the change of princesses and/or change of assistants, you get a change of styles.

So, anyone who likes Disney stuff would thoroughly enjoy hearing a princess tell her own story.
With a happy ending.
With audience (children) participation.
With autographs and photos, afterward.

junewestgirl
09-21-2005, 07:28 AM
Thank you for all the info.....I am taking 6 year old who has NEVER been to Disneyland!! I cannot wait! I love Disney.

hlbtimes2
09-21-2005, 07:49 AM
I liked it.
I have seen it maybe five times.
You ought to catch all three shows for all three princesses.

There is something authentic about a princess telling her own story that is better than, say, me, telling the same story.
(She would say, "There I was, when all of a sudden ..." whereas you or I would say, "There was Belle, when all of a sudden ...".)

The princess gets a male assistant to act out the parts, and do the sound effects, and to do the intro of the princess, and to coordinate the photo op/signing op, afterwards.
He is always funny, and does a Jerry Lewis style schtick that amuses children.

With the change of princesses and/or change of assistants, you get a change of styles.

So, anyone who likes Disney stuff would thoroughly enjoy hearing a princess tell her own story.
With a happy ending.
With audience (children) participation.
With autographs and photos, afterward.

Thanks for the review! Now, I know to add it to our list of must do's next month.

junewestgirl
09-21-2005, 08:35 AM
we are having dinner Saturday at Goofy's. How are Princess sightings there?

Ragrobyn
09-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Can someone offer their opinion on the Princess Storytelling? We never did catch it last trip and wondered what we missed. Thanks.

nvmom

I took my 6 year old daughter during Spring Break. We saw Snow White and sidekick Tim. I must say it was a major highlight of our entire trip. My dd was not a fan of Snow White but is a HUGE fan now! It was my dd's birthday and Snow White wished her a Happy Birthday and blew her a kiss during the story. Priceless. :D
I would say this is a not to be missed event!

hlbtimes2
09-21-2005, 10:58 AM
we are having dinner Saturday at Goofy's. How are Princess sightings there?

I havent heard of many of them being at Goofy's. Not saying it wont happen, but I wouldnt get my hopes up. They are available daily in front of the castle for pic's and autographs. Not sure exactly where right now, since there is some work being done in that area- but look at the map, it will have a place and time listed. Then, there is also lunch/ dinner at Ariels where you can see all of them.

junewestgirl
09-22-2005, 08:35 AM
Thanks everyone for the input. We are taking off later to spend night in budget hotel and checking into Paradise Pier in morning because I couldn't wait until tomorrow!!