PDA

View Full Version : Artist Paintings @ DL

lqdsky
09-20-2005, 08:25 AM
Does anyone know the name of the artist that has the framed canvas reproductions & Originals of the various Villians (Ursula, etc..). The artist goes by a single name and are sold at World Of Disney, Disneyana, DCA animation. Was thinking about picking one up, but wanted to research the artist first. The name left my head, seems not much stays in there :confused: . Thanks

coronado_g
09-20-2005, 07:45 PM
Does anyone know the name of the artist that has the framed canvas reproductions & Originals of the various Villians (Ursula, etc..). The artist goes by a single name and are sold at World Of Disney, Disneyana, DCA animation. Was thinking about picking one up, but wanted to research the artist first. The name left my head, seems not much stays in there :confused: . Thanks
I'm bumping your post up to the top again. The only Disney villain artists I can think of are Robert de Michiell or Mike Kupka. Shag goes by a single name but he doesn't do villains - or does he? Anyway, hope someone on the board can come up with the name.

Opus1guy
09-20-2005, 07:55 PM
I believe former Imagineer Eric Robison did a series of Disney Villains some time ago.

Osky
09-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Eric has quite a few pieces is Disneyana at the moment, and has quite a few over the last year in WOD as well.

lqdsky
09-21-2005, 09:26 AM
As I think of it, there is another painting by this artist that has Tinkerbell. It has her in two perspectives. One with her standing in her atitude pose and a second of a close of of her face. There is one of Ursula, another of the evil queen in Snow White & another female villian. I'm sure there are others. The artist using what looks like language charaters running on the side of the paintings. Paintings I saw were were in blue, purple & amber. There are originals at DCA for $4,000 then the reproductions were $400 & $500. I think I will have to try to get to the park and look sometime soon. I should of wrote down the artist, but thought it was a simply single name to remeber :confused: . I will reconize the name if I saw it. Tried web searches with no luck. Thanks again

Osky
09-21-2005, 09:44 AM
Ah yes. Those paintings are wonderful, and are from an artist who goes by "Noah". I have tried in the past to get a full name, but the people I spoke to at Disneyana didn't know.

TowerofTerror
09-21-2005, 09:57 AM
I love the paintings but cant afford to get any of them

lqdsky
09-21-2005, 10:01 AM
That's it, Noah. Thanks. I'm sure it's going to be impossible to find any info without a last name. I'm going to do some searching now. Thanks Again ;) Much Appreciated. There a bit expensive, but consider you get the frame with it. Frames are very expensive. Plus then a would have to pay to have it properly mounted. So it works out to be a decent price, plus 10% off

lqdsky
09-21-2005, 10:04 AM
Here you go

http://www.noahfineart.com/

Osky
09-21-2005, 10:10 AM
http://www.noahfineart.com/news/04dec_05jan/disney/images/noahdisney_pixietudeLG.jpg