PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving [merged]

hdlzx2
08-10-2005, 02:26 PM
I know, I know, this question has been asked over and over again, and I know that crowds will be different than ever they were before, but I need to ask this question because I am too lazy to search it out and you people are right at hand...
How are the crowds the week before and the day of thanksgiving? I know the Friday and Saturday will be quite insane...right?
Am I crazy to plan to go then?

Mrs. Newseditor44
08-10-2005, 02:39 PM
This is just my experience anywhere in general but I find that there are less crowds the week prior to the Thanksgiving weekend just because people are taking the following week off. However, the day before, during and after Thanksgiving has always been a huge mess at Disneyland in my opinion. Usually we skip the park on Thanksgiving and just make our reservations for the Thanksgiving feast at the Hotel. By the time we're done, we just want to go back home and rest.

outlaw8
08-10-2005, 04:35 PM
The week BEFORE Thanksgiving is CRAZY, Stay away..Tell everyone you know to stay away..(I'll be there that week and want everything to myself :~D )

Actually I've gone the last two years that week and it has been really nice. Crowds are bearable, Not too large but not small. The weather is nice ,But can get cold at night.
We make this our yearly trek to DL to see the decorations..

hdlzx2
08-11-2005, 05:21 AM
and just make our reservations for the Thanksgiving feast at the Hotel.Tell me more about this Thanksgiving Feast....

losaitkens
08-11-2005, 09:25 AM
We went Thanksgiving weekend a few years ago. I heard the crowds were tolerable the week leading up to Thanksgiving but Thanksgiving weekend really was crazy. Thanksgiving Day itself was not that bad, at least in the morning. We did Goofy's Kitchen for Thanksgiving dinner and were VERY happy with our experience there. There is a nicer dinner that the Disneyland Hotel puts together, as a PP mentioned, but it is pricey and fills up fast. When we were there, Blue Bayou also had a special menu as well. I will say that even though the crowds were crazy, it was a really memorable trip and probably the best Thanksgiving we have had in quite some time.

TowerofTerror
08-11-2005, 09:29 AM
It it very bad on Thanksgiving but however Ive gone in the evening and it was not very bad. I think everyone was stuffed from the turkey dinners they just ate

hdlzx2
08-11-2005, 10:16 AM
I would like to hear more about Thanksgiving @ DL...
especially meals there...when do they start taking reservations?
I can't find any official info anywhere (for this year)...

TowerofTerror
08-11-2005, 10:31 AM
I'm sure it will be sometime next month they will start taking reservations

hdlzx2
08-15-2005, 02:27 PM
bump...any more opinions?

hdlzx2
09-20-2005, 06:50 AM
Okay, I am crazy (please, people, verify this)
I am going to DL Thanksgiving week.
Is it really that crowded this week?
And what about a thanksgiving meal? I haven't seen anything mentioned about any buffets. I'll need to mak PS's, won't I? Where?
Or should I just settle for a turkey leg?
help.....

DaddyB
09-20-2005, 07:14 AM

Yes, it really is that crowded. I speak from experience.

tod
09-20-2005, 07:28 AM
Yes, it really is that crowded. I speak from experience.

All week?

I would think that the first part of the week would be normal-to-low. But I have no practical experience.

--t

Malcon10t
09-20-2005, 07:34 AM
And what about a thanksgiving meal? I haven't seen anything mentioned about any buffets. I'll need to mak PS's, won't I? Where?
Or should I just settle for a turkey leg?
help.....
I can't help you with Monday or Tues. I can say from experience, Wed is very crowded, Thurs AM isn't bad, Thurs afternoon thru Sunday morning are extremely crowded (we stopped going and chose to go instead New Years Eve...) They usually have a fantastic Thanksgivnig dinner at the DLH in the ballroom.

msgmg68
09-20-2005, 09:53 AM
I can't help you with Monday or Tues. I can say from experience, Wed is very crowded, Thurs AM isn't bad, Thurs afternoon thru Sunday morning are extremely crowded (we stopped going and chose to go instead New Years Eve...) They usually have a fantastic Thanksgivnig dinner at the DLH in the ballroom.

So, what time approximately on Thurs afternoon does it get crowded? I have heard about 3pm on. Just wondering because we'll be there too on that day.

Thanks

HydroGuy
09-20-2005, 10:49 AM
We are going on a day trip Tue or Wed before TG. The two new variables this year are the 50th celebration and the fact that unlike in past years, all or most SoCal schools will be out the whole week of TG - not just Thurs/Fri. These two things are likely to make DLR more crowded than previous TG week years. DLR apparently is planning for crowds, as the park hours that whole week are high season hours. I am not sure if they did that last year.

Whichever day we choose, we will be at the gates 30 minutes before opening. What I am trying to figure out is whether it would be better to go Tue when there is EE and places like FantasyLand and TomorrowLand will already have lines at 8AM, or on Wed when there is no EE but it may be more crowded as the day progresses. Anyone out there with a good crystal ball?

Daveylegs
09-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Which days have early entry?

I'm going to be there with my family 11/18-11/22 (Fri-Tue before TG). Will that weekend be as busy as the mid-June time I usually go?

HydroGuy
09-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Which days have early entry?

I'm going to be there with my family 11/18-11/22 (Fri-Tue before TG). Will that weekend be as busy as the mid-June time I usually go?To my knowledge, EE will continue as usual thru that time. That means Mon, Tue, Thurs and Sat.

When we were there in August, we used EE on one day of our parkhopper ticket, which was great. Other than that, we only went on the more popular FL rides on a non-EE morning when the lines were short.

Malcon10t
09-20-2005, 03:18 PM
So, what time approximately on Thurs afternoon does it get crowded? I have heard about 3pm on. Just wondering because we'll be there too on that day.

ThanksFor us, we always noticed it at 3. We haven't gone at Thanksgiving for 3 years now.

Rhiannon8404
09-20-2005, 03:47 PM
We have gone to DL the last 2 years for Thanksgiving week.

Monday and Tuesday the parks were pretty quiet. It was busier Wednesday evening. Thursday morning isn't too bad. Very busy Thursday afternoon, as a previous poster mentioned. Friday was ridiculously busy (IMO). We usually try to spend Thursday evening after dinner going to a movie or at DCA. DCA is hardly crowded at all on Thursday or Friday, as everyone who has only those two days at DLR tend to be in DL itself.

As for dinner...the last to years we have eaten at the Disneyland Hotel's huge Thanksgiving dinner. It's pricey. I think it was $60 for adults/$40 for kids. But it includes everything you could possibly want to eat and then some. (Wine/beer is extra.) Plus the characters come out to areas at one end of the ballroom and there is hardly any line at all. Last year we saw Snow White and a couple dwarves, Chip, Dale, Woody, Jessy, Pocahontas and her little animal friend (a raccoon? I think), the bears from Brother Bear and Donald and Daisy.

For information, call the DLH as soon as possible...it sells out fast, but there should be plenty of seats available now.
Have fun!

hdlzx2
09-23-2005, 07:21 AM
We'll be wanting to eat to kind of celebrate this day...
Any suggestions?
What about PS's?
links?

stan4d_steph
09-23-2005, 07:33 AM
I merged your new thread with your previous 2 Thanksgiving threads.

Some previous threads, found searching on "Thanksgiving":

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=47060
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=43189
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=39289

msgmg68
09-23-2005, 07:28 PM
For us, we always noticed it at 3. We haven't gone at Thanksgiving for 3 years now.

Thanks!!

Disnerd
09-24-2005, 07:42 PM
Disneyland started taking reservations today at (714)781-DINE. Hurry they go fast!