PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Forecourt Voice

Werner
09-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Anyone know who the voice of the guy is who says, "...and now, ladies and gentlemen, come with us, to a land of joyous songs, and wondrous miracles...Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room (gong...)....

TikiBird27
09-19-2005, 09:37 PM
Anyone know who the voice of the guy is who says, "...and now, ladies and gentlemen, come with us, to a land of joyous songs, and wondrous miracles...Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room (gong...)....

Hmm, interesting. Now I really want to know the answer, even though I never thought of it before! LOL I can't seem to find it in Dave Smith's Disney A to Z, or my Tiki Room album, or Google. I'll keep poking around...let me know if you ever find out. :)

TikiBird27
09-19-2005, 10:18 PM
I realized I also don't know who voices the tiki gods and goddesses in the forecourt. These annonymous people have become such a part of my great memories of Disneyland, I guess I want to put a name to them all!

stan4d_steph
09-20-2005, 05:38 AM
I know that Thurl Ravenscroft is the voice of Tangaroa.

10-97
09-20-2005, 10:30 AM
The voice sounds a lot like Benson Fong, the character actor who played Mr. Wu in "The Love Bug."

Werner
09-20-2005, 07:45 PM
I realized I also don't know who voices the tiki gods and goddesses in the forecourt. These annonymous people have become such a part of my great memories of Disneyland, I guess I want to put a name to them all!

I think Eleanor Audley (Madame Leota) voices Pele...

melmel
09-20-2005, 09:48 PM
Who is Rongo? He is my favorite of all Tiki gods and goddesses. Me wanna be numba one kite-flya with him!

Werner
09-20-2005, 10:11 PM
For some reason I'm thinking Wally Boag did Rongo? But I'm not sure...

TikiBird27
09-21-2005, 09:14 PM
You are all awesome! I love that there are other people out there who think about the Tiki Room courtyard voices. Makes me feel less alone in my Disneyland craziness! :D

Alooo-ha! :)

TikiBird27
01-04-2006, 08:26 PM
...but I just found out some answers, and wanted to share!

I wrote to the very nice Dave Smith asking about the pre-show voices, and here are the names he gave me:

Rongo, the male voice that does the Garden wrap-up, is Ernie Traveras. Tangaroa-Ru (The Wind) is Ginny Tyler.
Hinna Kuluua (The Rain) is Ann Bazam.

:)

leotatoombs
01-05-2006, 01:10 AM
thanks!:D but the origional question is driving me crazy now! lol I keep looking for more answers. just a guess but could it be paul frees or maybe John Hench or Rolly Crump? they desinged the tiki garden!?! I think I heard somewhere that John Hench has done voice stuff for the park.:confused:I Love The TikiRoom!!