PDA

View Full Version : Storytellers Character Breakfast- Yea or Nay?

vmjess
09-19-2005, 05:01 PM
What characters can we expect to see there, and is there a lot of interaction? The last time we were there was 2 years ago, but we did not visit the Grand Californian. Is it worth the time to go have breakfast at Storytellers and check out the GCH? Is there anything else at the GCH that is a must see??

I am trying to decide between the Storytellers breakfast or the Plaza Inn (We did Plaza Innn when it was Pooh and Friends and loved it, we dd Goofys Kitchen 2 years ago and were not impressed.)

Thanks for the help!

cstephens
09-19-2005, 06:54 PM
For food, Storyteller's is better than Plaza Inn. For characters, you'll probably have better luck with Plaza Inn. Storyteller's only has a handful, but I love Storyteller's for breakfast.

Rhiannon8404
09-19-2005, 07:07 PM
We're going to try Storyteller's this time. We've done Goofy's Kitchen and the Lilo and Stitch breakfast at PCH grill. Of the two, I liked PCH better for the character interaction. The food was basically the same.

Our best character dinner was at Ariel's grotto. There was hardly anyone there and nearly closing time. The characters were just hanging around interacting with the kids. Pluto and Goofy were even wrestling with the boys and stuff. They had the best time.

minniemom
09-19-2005, 08:23 PM
For food, Storyteller's wins, hands down!! The characters are Chip and Dale, and Pluto. You get alot of interaction. This is our prefered breakfast and it isn't as insane as other breakfasts, like Goofy's kitchen. If you haven't been to the GCH, it is fun to walk around and see what it is like.

Wendi
09-19-2005, 09:05 PM
The food at Storyteller's Cafe is soooooooo yummy!!! The character interaction is minimal, but you can get more if you want it! I'm not sure which characters are there currently other than Chip & Dale... maybe Koda and one or two others???

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... DO NOT SKIP the French Toast!!!

lbrackjo
09-20-2005, 02:52 AM
We've been a couple of times. For a
30/40 minute breakfast we probbably averaged around 4 ineractions. It's Chip Dale Pluto and a mix of Brother Bear characters. It is very low key. If you are lighter eaters, you can order off the regular breakfast menu and skip the buffett. The best part of GCH is the Lobby and fireplace.

Mark Goldhaber
09-20-2005, 06:55 PM
When we were there on 8/26, the characters were Chip & Dale (who each spent a bit of time with us, separately), Terk (who spent a little time), Koda (who stopped long enough for a quick photo before going off shift) and Kenai (who breezed past us while waving on his way off shift). The food was really good, and my son was extremely excited to get his Mickey waffles.

I think that the level of character interaction depends on where they are in their shift, how many people are in the dining room, and just luck of the draw. We saw some of the characters spending a lot of time at some tables, and just a minute at others. Our server was extremely overworked, either because she had too many tables or not enough help from the bussers. She was really busting her butt trying to get everything to us quickly, though. She just needed a helper that knew what they were doing. Our reaction was that "they need to get some restaurant managers imported from WDW to show them how to really run a Disney restaurant."

junewestgirl
09-21-2005, 09:36 AM
I here a lot about breakfast at Goofy's; but what about dinner. We are planning to have dinner there on Saturday. How is the interactions. Any princess sightings?

AlbertaMinnie
09-21-2005, 09:50 AM
We tried it in July and I don't think we'll be back. I liked the idea of being able to order off the menu or have the buffet, because my kids are small eaters. However, we only saw Koda, Chip and Dale. There were kids running around the restaurant chasing the characters and I just didn't feel comfortable there. Could have been partly due to the fact that there was a birthday party beside us who sat their 7 year olds at one table and the adults sat at the other and left it up to the waitress to keep them in line. When the birthday cake was brought to the table, the birthday child shoved his face into the cake and it went everywhere. I felt so bad for that poor waitress, she so desperately wanted to say something!! But back to Storytellers....the food was very good but if you want to interact with characters it is not the place to go. I know that Ariels has changed, but we really really enjoyed it there in July.

junewestgirl
09-21-2005, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the info.......we are taking a 6 year old girl who has never been to Disney and would like for her to see lots of Princesses! Is breakfast better option?

infinite
09-21-2005, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the info.......we are taking a 6 year old girl who has never been to Disney and would like for her to see lots of Princesses! Is breakfast better option?
I think you would like Ariel’s Grotto, it’s all princesses, all the time. Okay, I think they just serve lunch and dinner.

CrazyTrain
09-27-2005, 03:37 PM
I went to Storytellers on Saturday for berakfast - my first time. It was GREAT. The food was ok, not worth the price IMO (but few meals are there IMO) but the character interaction was awesome.

There was Chip, Dale, Koda, Kenai and Meeko (Yay, Meeko!). We got lots of interaction from all of them... All but Meeko visited us twice (and we were 5 adults, no kids) They also have this insane guy dressed as a park ranger (he called himself a camp counselor) who was constantly cracking us up! From what I saw, they all spent a decent amount of time with the people around us as well.

Oh, our service was pretty bad, but she might have had a lot of tables. I think that her other tables were in a different section.

I say yea though.

pisces
09-28-2005, 08:31 AM
What characters can we expect to see there, and is there a lot of interaction? The last time we were there was 2 years ago, but we did not visit the Grand Californian. Is it worth the time to go have breakfast at Storytellers and check out the GCH? Is there anything else at the GCH that is a must see??

I am trying to decide between the Storytellers breakfast or the Plaza Inn (We did Plaza Innn when it was Pooh and Friends and loved it, we dd Goofys Kitchen 2 years ago and were not impressed.)

Thanks for the help!

I went to Storytellers for a late, late late breakfast buffet. I got there at about 11:30 am. I think they close at 12:00 ish, but they keep everything out.

Very few characters by that time. I got the impression that to get the best interaction, you need to show up early, or when they open. But, who can eat a buffet at that hour?