PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks from IASW - Best Viewing?

CrazyTrain
09-19-2005, 01:55 PM
Saturday night, finally, I'm going to be watching the fireworks and projections on IASW. Is there a "best" location to view them from? Also, a friend in a wheelchair might be with us. Do people sit down for this show or do they stand? Is there a wheelchair viewing area?

Thanks! :D

Alex S.
09-19-2005, 02:10 PM
Go to the right side of Small World and stand in the middle of the walkway. If you look behind you, you'll be able to find a spot where you can see the top of the Matterhorn through a break in the trees.

That's where I sit. If you don't care at all about looking behind you, then anything with an unobstructed view of the facade of small world will be fine.

RocketRob
09-19-2005, 07:22 PM
When we were there over Labor Day weekend the entire area in front of IASW was roped off. We could only go as far as the pretzel cart on IASW mall. Alex you said you enjoy this area but I didn't find it great at all. The projections were hard to see over people's heads and I felt away from the action. On top of that the area was crowded and we showed up twenty minutes early thinking there would be no crowd.

Have you had a different experience?

Alex S.
09-19-2005, 07:37 PM
You're the second person to say that they had roped off part of small world mall (cstephens said she experienced it a couple weeks ago, perhaps the same weekend).

I've watched the show from there four times now and never run into this. The entire right side of Small World was available for sitting and it was uncrowded and clear views of the building and fireworks.

If roping that area off becomes a standard thing then it definitely would change things.

FatAl
09-20-2005, 05:35 AM
The area was roped off as described on 9/4, Labor Day Sunday. It was the bad area to watch firework with the projection to my right and explosion to my left.

Alex S.
09-20-2005, 06:17 AM
I've watched from my preferred spot as recently as 9/9, so maybe it was just something unusual on Labor Day. Has anybody experienced them roping off that area on any other weekend?

Tony
09-20-2005, 06:22 AM
They will generally rope off the area when the winds cause a 'Phase 2'. Basically, it means that the winds will likely blow the debris (and potentially burning phosphorous) into the Small World area. If you find it roped off, it is by order of the park's fire department, for safety concerns.

CrazyTrain
09-27-2005, 03:29 PM
Just to let you know, we sat in that area but shuold have been a touch more to the right. It wasn't roped off. THere were people standing up at the railings - my friend asked them to sit (as everyone on the walkway was sitting) and when mot refused he walked over to the CM - most of them sat when they saw that. The CM told him there was'nt anything she could do, but he made his point anyway :)

And the projections were awesome! :D