PDA

View Full Version : is the fireworks and fantasmic on every night?

mollie1
09-18-2005, 07:50 PM
can we see the fireworks any night , we are only there monday to friday, so hoping to see fantasmic friday night, what time is it on? and when does the park close? can you still see this show after the park is closed? any advice on getting a spot for fantasmic with 9 people?

hlbtimes2
09-18-2005, 07:58 PM
If I recall, you are going in 2 weeks? If that is the case the schedule is up at disneyland.com You should have fireworks and F! on Friday night. The other nights the park will close at 8 (10-8 M-Th). On Friday night (open until 12) you'll have fireworks at 9:25, and F! at 9 and 10:30.

HydroGuy
09-19-2005, 07:11 AM
can we see the fireworks any night , we are only there monday to friday, so hoping to see fantasmic friday night, what time is it on? and when does the park close? can you still see this show after the park is closed? any advice on getting a spot for fantasmic with 9 people?Go to the DL website schedule here: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/monthly/monthly?name=CalendarMonthlyPage and type in your days. It will tell you when fireworks, parades, etc., are running. For the next month or two, the fireworks will only be weekends. Then they will start up nightly again sometime in November, I believe.

Mouseplanet gives a lot of info about fireworks viewing here: http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050511as.htm

Everyone agrees that seeing the fireworks in the central hub is best. I have kids (the two youngest were 9 and 10) and was concerned about them being able to see the castle after everyone stands up. In addition, in the two weeks before we came DL cancelled the fireworks three times due to high winds. I was not about to spend 3 hours waiting to see the fireworks and have them get cancelled. People who have 3 hours to risk like this are usually AP holders who come to DL frequently. I was willing to risk an hour.

We got to the hub at 8:25PM, exactly one hour before the fireworks started. We got a spot recommended by other MP folks in the hub in between the Adventureland entrance and Main Street. If the hub was a clock, and the castle is 12:00, we were at 8:00. From this spot we could clearly see the castle, and we could see the Matterhorn through and above the trees. We got a spot on the sidewalk on the curb. Right behind us a rope was put up for a walk way for walking traffic before and during the fireworks. No one could walk in front of us, and my 9 and 10 year old were able to clearly see through and above all the folks in front of them in the hub itself. The curb gave them a 4-6 inch advantage, which really helped.

I only saw the fireworks once, and cannot compare to the experience of sitting right in front of the castle. But we only risked one hour, and I felt our view was excellent. It is hard for me to imagine the front of castle spot being significantly better. But others who have tried our spot and the front of castle spot can comment with more authority.

After the fireworks ended at about 9:45, we followed a one-way walking traffic line clockwise in the hub up to the Frontierland entrance (about 30-40 yards - but wall-to-wall people). We went thru the Frontierland entrance and the crowds really dropped off at that point. We made our way over to Fantasmic at about 9:53. There were a lot of folks already down in front, but when we walked past we saw many large gaps. Our family of six easily fit in, with room to spare. A number of other folks came in after us and filled in more of the gaps, but no one around us was crowded. Out spot for Fantasmic was 15-20 feet back from the edge of the river, just left of center for the show. It was a really good spot.