PDA

View Full Version : where is the best place to eat with 5 kids?

mollie1
09-18-2005, 07:44 PM
we are taking our 5 grandaughters and three of them are teenagers with very healthy appetites, so looking for the best place to eat that isnt going to cost us a fortune, since we will be there for 5 days. we will probably just take snacks in for the day, but where is the best place for all of us to eat dinner,?

TowerofTerror
09-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Dennys or IHOP

hlbtimes2
09-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Here is a site with the menus and prices listed. Its very useful! www.dlresortinfo.com

I would say Redd Rockets Pizza port in Tomorrowland. Big portions, ok prices, good food.
Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante in Frontierland is also good.

Most places in the park are actually pretty good, with the exception of Village Haus in Fantasyland. You cant pay me to eat there.

PapiBear
09-18-2005, 08:55 PM
You really should try the La Palma Chicken Pie Shop at Euclid and La Palma in North Anaheim - 928 N Euclid St , Anaheim 92801-3631, 714-533-2021. Everything's less than $10 and it's an Anaheim institution.

Another OC classic is the Original Pancake House (there's one on Lincoln Avenue, north and east of Disneyland by a few miles) - http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/

For really good coffee shop fare 24 hours a day, try Norm's (there's one also on Lincoln, right off the 5 Freeway) - http://www.normsrestaurants.com/

Oh heck. Here's 94 other suggestions - http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/05/19/cover-arellano.php

TowerofTerror
09-18-2005, 09:06 PM
well maybe Coco`s on Harbor Blvd I think I saw one on Harbour near Disneyland

Malcon10t
09-18-2005, 10:59 PM
we are taking our 5 grandaughters and three of them are teenagers with very healthy appetites, so looking for the best place to eat that isnt going to cost us a fortune, since we will be there for 5 days. we will probably just take snacks in for the day, but where is the best place for all of us to eat dinner,?OK, Mimi's Cafe is decent. Coco's on Katella. (You don't say where you are staying.) In the park, Pizza Port is great. My daughter (19, BIG appetite) and I can share the Chicken Fuselli (Alfredo) and its only $8. Whitewater snacks is good. There is also a McDonalds across from the park. Rainforest Cafe is also very good, and has burgers. Denny's is across the street, and up the street. The one up the street on Harbor, and the one on Katella are about $1-$1.50 a plate cheaper. Drive south on Harbor about a mile, there is an Outback, Crab Shack, Carl's Jr, Red Robin, and several other restaurants. These are just a few ideas.

stan4d_steph
09-19-2005, 06:39 AM
Try Whitewater Snacks in the Grand Californian.

09-19-2005, 07:18 AM
Try Whitewater Snacks in the Grand Californian.

I second that!

The food, the prices, the atmosphere - all very nice.

And although it's in the Grand Californian Hotel, it's also right by Grizzly Peak in Disney's California Adventure and right by Downtown Disney (go into the walkway by Sephora).

tlovesdis
09-19-2005, 09:22 AM
Dennys or IHOP

YUCK!

Don't waste your money on either of those! Definately check out White Water Snacks. Great prices and great food. Mimi's is great too! We have one by our house and my DH and I go there often.

Disneygirl65
09-19-2005, 09:33 AM
I agree with the Pizza Port and the Whitewater snack's suggestion. Good food at good prices.

Tinker Bell
09-19-2005, 10:16 AM
We had 6 kids when we use to go for a week at a time.We always drove so we could go to the Subway to get sandwiches and there is a little caesars that's has $5 large pizzas.Also the stores or Ihops and dennys ect outside the park. It is hard to find seating for that many people in the park also everyone has so many difer taste.

Malcon10t
09-19-2005, 12:26 PM
We had 6 kids when we use to go for a week at a time.We always drove so we could go to the Subway to get sandwiches and there is a little caesars that's has $5 large pizzas.Also the stores or Ihops and dennys ect outside the park. It is hard to find seating for that many people in the park also everyone has so many difer taste.One of my trips, I took 8 teen football players (17-18 yo) and lucky for my food bill, they found Carl's Jr and Taco Bell on Harbor (they would walk from Anaheim Hilton and Towers). It was also great that we were on the concierge floor, so the food there helped my food bill too. Also, across the way at the Mariott was a Pizza Hut inside.

Whittibo
09-19-2005, 12:51 PM
It was also great that we were on the concierge floor, so the food there helped my food bill too. Also, across the way at the Mariott was a Pizza Hut inside.
You took 8 teenaged boys and stayed on the concierge level and you worried about your food bill? LOL ;)

I like Mimi's too, they used to have "kids eat free" but now you actually have to have a coupon for it. (that was what we found out last year, it might have changed again?) IHOP kids eat free too (that was also the last time we were there.)

We are staying in the Residence Inn Garden Grove so we will have a full kitchen to cook a meal per day in, they also serve full hot buffet breakfasts. WELL worth the money for the hotel.

I have never been to the Whitewater shack? (I hope I got the name right).. we will have to put that on our "to do" list this year!

Stupid_American
09-19-2005, 02:06 PM
You really should try the La Palma Chicken Pie Shop at Euclid and La Palma in North Anaheim - 928 N Euclid St , Anaheim 92801-3631, 714-533-2021. Everything's less than $10 and it's an Anaheim institution.
I love the Chicken Pie Shop.
It's celebrating its 50th this year too.

La Palma Chicken Pie Shop (http://home.pacbell.net/dagravy/html/lpchik.html)

Leap for Joy
09-19-2005, 03:12 PM
I was very happy with the walk-up window on Tortilla Jo's in Downtown Disney. Good food, good selection, fair prices, and nice to sit outside.

Brydagr8
09-19-2005, 04:06 PM
captain kidds is great. Its like red robins. I like red robins.
in the park, pizza port sells whole pizzas. I also like the restaraunt back by critter country, its very reasonable. at DCA the fishermans wharf area has mexican food and a bakery. if you eat in the park be prepared to spend about twice the amount as you would outside.

Malcon10t
09-19-2005, 06:03 PM
You took 8 teenaged boys and stayed on the concierge level and you worried about your food bill? LOL ;) <g> Actually, yes. The trip was planned for myself with my 4 kids and 2 additional kids. It was my son's senior year, it was his school's first varsity year (second year overall) in football (it was an 1-9 season), and all the seniors had become pals. This is a low income school. So, my son asked 1 friend, but his best friend (who we had taken previously) felt left out, so I said "Ask him", which led to asking the rest.... I was VERY fortunate in that I had booked a suite initially ($250 for 1 bedroom suite, 2 queens, 1 twin roll away in the bedoom area, then in the living area, which is twice the size of a room, we had them bring in 6 rollaways, move out the dining table that seated 6, and 2 slept on couches.) It was fun cause we had kids strewn all about, not a single arguement. It was sweet, cause I could just look sideways, and I would have boys asking "Can I help?" It took an Excursion and a Tahoe to get everyone down and back, and all these kids were bringing back Build A Bears and souviner pics taken with Mickey (I required a team pic with Mickey for payment.) My biggest unexpected expense was getting the extra tickets (5 day passports) to the park. One doll on the trip, brought me $150 and said that was all he had from his monthly paycheck, but he wanted to help. I told him I would prefer he spent his money getting something special for his little sister. And the look on people's faces when all these kids were calling me mom. This was New Years Eve 2002. BTW - Hilton Conceirge is much cheaper than the DLR hotels conceirges, and it offers about the same amenities. Regular rooms booked early enough are $79, $119 on the conceirge level, $129 with a Disney view. It was a learning trip for me, I watched a group of teens who had never had this type of experience just enjoy themselves, and it was an incedible feeling.