PDA

View Full Version : Best Suite or Family hotel

SeansMom
09-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Does anyone here have any suggestions for the best family/suite hotel? We've stayed on DL property the last couple of trips, but the next trip we'll have extra kids and possibly one extra adult, thus making a larger hotel room more attractive (especially when you consider the park will be closing at 8:00 pm) Any ideas would be appreciated!

Minnie66
09-18-2005, 03:58 PM
Not sure how many you will have but we have done the suites at the Disneyland Hotel. They are a regular room, with either one or two bed, attached to a larger living room area that the kids always sleep in. The living room has a couch that pulls out and can sleep two, and the bedroom has two queen beds and the couch can also be used for sleeping. If your kids aren't fussy you can throw some blankets on the floor or have them bring up roll aways - the room is hugh. Our last trip all of the kids in our group left their parents room and just all stayed in the big room because they were having so much fun. They could play cards and stay up all night kind of like one big sleep over. There were a total of 8 of them in there most nights. The one room had a regular bath and the living room section had a bathroom without a tub or shower. For extra adults, you can also have them attach a second regular room to the other side. That still gives each family a little privacy but I don't think they charge as much for the second room and of course since it would be considered a suite you would only have to pay resort fees for one of the rooms. We have also stayed at the Residence Inn and they have nice size rooms. You can choose from 3 different sizes. I think the price was about the same as the DLH but they did offer dinner during the week. It was just one menu but it was pretty good.

Malcon10t
09-18-2005, 04:07 PM
Does anyone here have any suggestions for the best family/suite hotel? We've stayed on DL property the last couple of trips, but the next trip we'll have extra kids and possibly one extra adult, thus making a larger hotel room more attractive (especially when you consider the park will be closing at 8:00 pm) Any ideas would be appreciated!The Residence Inn is excellent. You can get a Penthouse suite, which has 2 bedrooms and a living room, 2 baths, and a full kitchen. The Park Inn has a family suite, which has 4 queen beds, and 2 baths. The Anaheim Desert Inn also has a large family suite (can sleep 10). All are great.

twist1980
09-18-2005, 05:43 PM
I also really like Embassy Suites. There are two that are near the park. The rooms are always nice and they include a huge breakfast in the morning and a two hour "happy hour" for the adults from like 4-6. I've stayed there in both Anaheim and Tampa and been happy.

Wendi
09-18-2005, 06:41 PM
We LOVED the 2BR/2BA Suite (aka - entire apartment) at Staybridge Suites. Great staff, tons of free food, lots of space, full kitchen, etc. It was really great, but you will have to rely on either having a car or taking the shuttle to/from the parks. If you want to stay late at DTD or something for a while after park closing, you'll need to take a cab back since the ART shuttles don't run much later than park closing.

Shadowcat
09-19-2005, 07:03 AM
And right across the street is the BW Park Place Inn. Their suites have the two queen beds, plus the livingroom with the fold-out sleeper sofa too.

blackjackdelta
09-19-2005, 07:55 AM
I concur with the Residence Inn Maingate..Penthouse suite. More than enough room, they will grocery shop for you (free for the service), many amenities. ART stops out in front or it is a nice 15 minute walk to the park.

Malcon10t
09-19-2005, 08:12 AM
And right across the street is the BW Park Place Inn. Their suites have the two queen beds, plus the livingroom with the fold-out sleeper sofa too.
I like the Park Place inn, but the rooms are small, and there is no seperation on the "suite" (why its classified a mini suite, not a regular suite.) They are about 350 sq feet. For just about $20 more, you can go to the Residence Inn and get 800 sq feet, or the Park Inn (also 800 sq feet) for about $15 more.

potterphreak
09-19-2005, 08:16 AM
www.anaheimdesertinn.com

They have several room types, ranging from 4 people to 10 people. Have stayed here several times and LOVED it (tho the pool was c-c-cold) and the price can't be beat (as least for a suite).
Just checked prices and for a 10 person suite for Thanksgiving weekend is $129 a night. !!! :-)

Malcon10t
09-19-2005, 08:31 AM
www.anaheimdesertinn.com

They have several room types, ranging from 4 people to 10 people. Have stayed here several times and LOVED it (tho the pool was c-c-cold) and the price can't be beat (as least for a suite).
Just checked prices and for a 10 person suite for Thanksgiving weekend is $129 a night. !!! :-)
You sure you have the right dates? I just checked (thats a great price, and I'd book for that) and they are showing sold out for Thurs and Fri, and Sat night is their usual $189 for that room.

Whittibo
09-19-2005, 01:09 PM
We stayed at the Residence Inn last year (got the 4th night free, it was a great deal) our original plans were only for 7 nights and we through the 8th on at the last minute, too bad too because *duh* it would have been free.
ANYWAY, we loved it SO much, we're going back this year for 10 nights. (no discounts this year). It's the Residence Inn Garden Grove. Rooms are like little apartments. (bigger then my MOM'S whole apartment actually). Two bedrooms/two bathrooms/front room and full kitchen.

They offer a free buffet breakfast, it's GREAT! I am paying $149.99 per night plus tax and some .25c charge, so for 10 nights it's like $1698 or something. It seems expensive, but it's a really comfortable new hotel and with breakfast (and some dinner thing they do too) it makes it worth the price.

ILovePoker
09-19-2005, 02:30 PM
I would definitely stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton. You get a full kitchen, large bathroom, a bedroom with 2 large beds, 2 cable TV's and a living room with a fold out bed for 10x less then staying at a suite on the Disney property. We paid 93 dollars a night and it's a very nice hotel.

potterphreak
09-19-2005, 03:17 PM
Malcon, yes I was sure about those dates, it's Thanksgiving weekend! We were going to go Thanks. weekend but then decided nah, we'll arrive that Sunday and return home Wednesday. Surprised they are already sold out for those dates as I JUST checked the price this morning when I posted. Hmmm!

Brydagr8
09-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Id have to say dessert inn and suites. Its clean, cheap, and is closer to disneyland than the disneyland hotel is. But nothing compares to the grand californian, course thats gonna be three times more expensive.

mariezp
09-21-2005, 04:55 AM
I would also recommend the Anaheim Desert Inn. You can get their largest suite with 4 queen beds and a fold out couch. It also gives you 2 baths. They don't have a lot of frills like any of the resort hotels but if you are like us we don't spend much time there if we can be at Disneyland. The staff has always been nice, rooms are roomy & clean and the price is right. It is a short walk right across to the main gate. I have read some complaints about their pool and about their breakfast. We have never used the pool beacuse, agagin, we would rather be at Disneyland. Their breakfast is a continental so I have never expected more than what they offer. You can only park one car in their lot. If you are bringing more than one you will have to make other arrangements. Overall, the value is hard to beat. We will be there again in 9 days! HURRAY!!!!!!

Shadowcat
09-22-2005, 08:09 AM
I like the Park Place inn, but the rooms are small, and there is no seperation on the "suite" (why its classified a mini suite, not a regular suite.) They are about 350 sq feet. For just about $20 more, you can go to the Residence Inn and get 800 sq feet, or the Park Inn (also 800 sq feet) for about $15 more.

Current Expedia rates for next year put the Park Inn's One Bedroom Suite at $169. Residence Inn shows their Studio One Bedrooms at $129. I'm not sure what their rates are at their websites, but BW Park Place Inn's Suite Rates for next year are $109. There was something there from the Parkside Inn and Suites that was for an unbelievably low $50 (2 bedroom family suite) and $67 (2 bedroom/2 bath family suite). I've never heard of them before, but the deal was pretty amazing.

Malcon10t
09-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Current Expedia rates for next year put the Park Inn's One Bedroom Suite at $169. Residence Inn shows their Studio One Bedrooms at $129. I'm not sure what their rates are at their websites, but BW Park Place Inn's Suite Rates for next year are $109. There was something there from the Parkside Inn and Suites that was for an unbelievably low $50 (2 bedroom family suite) and $67 (2 bedroom/2 bath family suite). I've never heard of them before, but the deal was pretty amazing.
Parkside Inn doesn't get high reviews. I wouldn't stay there after having driven by it and seeing the reviews. There is a reason the deal is amazing.