PDA

View Full Version : Reasonable amount of time for DTD

Disney4Me
09-18-2005, 11:47 AM
What is a reasonable amount of time to allow for Down Town Disney for checking out the shops. 2 boys 6 and 8. (they would like build a bear probably and ESPN Zone for starters) I think we can pass on Libby Lu. Thanks
Is there anywhere you can see fireworks from there?

DianeM
09-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Most of the shops are not for kids, but the Build a Bear and Lego Stores are great for kids. I didn't go into ESPN zone. I would plan for a couple of hours. There are places to eat, but the kid friendly fare isn't as accessible as in the Disney parks. This is assuming, by the way, that you don't plan on doing a lot of browsing at the World of Disney Store - they have a selection of most of the Disney themed merchandise found at the park, and you can spend a lot of time picking and choosing.

What is a reasonable amount of time to allow for Down Town Disney for checking out the shops. 2 boys 6 and 8. (they would like build a bear probably and ESPN Zone for starters) I think we can pass on Libby Lu. Thanks
Is there anywhere you can see fireworks from there?

Rhiannon8404
09-18-2005, 01:06 PM
It just depends on how much time you spend at the Lego store. I have a 7 yo boy. We easily pass up WOD, ESPN and BaB, but get stuck at the Lego store always.

Disney4Me
09-19-2005, 05:42 AM
Thanks for the replies, it sounds good. My friend and her son that are coming did not get AP's so when we get there at dinner don't want to use up a day of their hopper. It sounds like with dinner the boys will be entertained there for the most part. Anyone know about the fireworks though?

09-19-2005, 05:44 AM
I foresee some serious time in the DTD Disney store.

Vegitabeta
09-19-2005, 10:08 AM
No you can't see the fireworks I believe. Also I think it'll be a couple of hours to look round the shops. I spend 2 hours in World of Disney alone!