PDA

View Full Version : Collages for the 50th

jazzysmom
09-17-2005, 07:30 PM
According to the e-mail I received from Disney we have 5 pictures of our family up in the collages. For those of you who are also "Now a part of Disney History"...was it easy to find your pictures, or did it take waaaay to much time?

EmmasMom
09-17-2005, 07:38 PM
According to the e-mail I received from Disney we have 5 pictures of our family up in the collages. For those of you who are also "Now a part of Disney History"...was it easy to find your pictures, or did it take waaaay to much time?

It really depends where they are. I had one in toontown that was easy to find, they give you a column and row so you just have to count it out. It was low to the ground and pictures were fairly big. We gave up on the main street castmember one. It was too high up and the pictures were the size of postage stamps.

Also, when I checked the computer on main street, it listed some different locations than the email.

MeelaneMouse
09-17-2005, 07:44 PM
They do give a pretty good "grid" of where your pictures are. I too have some in the castmemeber "steamboat willie" forget being able to find those!!! But I have one in the Jungle Book and the Incredibles. So cool!!! I hope they eventually sell these as posters.

Malcon10t
09-17-2005, 08:04 PM
We have several also. The ones in the SteamBoat willie pic is impossible. But the one in Baloo (by Indy) was easy. Took maybe 2 mins to find.

Wendi
09-17-2005, 08:43 PM
I couldn't find ANY of mine in Steamboat Willie... maybe I'll try again next time. I easily found our picture in the Lion King mosaic though, it is really easy to get to (right over a bench and at eye level unlike some of them) and the photos are much larger.

Another Dimension
09-17-2005, 08:51 PM
I've found my one pic in Cinderella and my one pic in Sleeping Beauty, but no luck so far in 20k Leagues Under the Sea, The Incredibles, Bugs Life, Finding Nemo (1 pic each) or the 6 pics they say I have in the Steamboat Willie/CM collage.
Still looking with zoomed pics and my camcorder from time to time.

For those looking and looking -- The pics are sometimes several inches away from where the location descriptions say they are, so don't just only be looking in the exact spot the descriptions say, the numbers are right. But counting them is sometimes impossible ;)

The brief location description after numbers for my pic in Sleeping Beauty, says 'Top of the Prince's head', and my pic that I actually found is a full 11 pics up and 9 pics to the left of and completely not on the Prince's head.

A kinda close location description, I guess; but also kinda far if you are looking at a collage that is 8 (or 20) feet higher than you and the pics are 1.5" x 1.5" or smaller.

Good luck.

Padders, please continue to post more about your finds. :)

tom522
09-17-2005, 09:59 PM
Im one of the cast member faces in steamboat willie-go to bottom right hand corner and count 3 faces left and 6 faces up and thats me. Does anybody have photos in my face? My face is eye level so if you have photos that make up my face you can see them.

Another Dimension
09-17-2005, 11:48 PM
Im one of the cast member faces in steamboat willie-go to bottom right hand corner and count 3 faces left and 6 faces up and thats me. Does anybody have photos in my face? My face is eye level so if you have photos that make up my face you can see them.

Congratulations! :)

All of my Steamboat pics are pretty high off the ground, 1 or 2 are hidden by the curtain lining the top of the mosiac.

Vegitabeta
09-18-2005, 03:35 AM
Heaven help the people with their pictures in Buzz Lightyear, 20K, or Maleficent!

katiesue
09-18-2005, 06:47 AM
Ours were in 20K and Steamboat. I've actually found one of the two in 20K. The ones in Steamboat were just way to high to ever see.

I submitted about 10 photos - they only used one of them mulitple times. I was hoping that some of the others would turn up in the newer murals where you could actually see them but no luck.

I was a little dissapointed that none of ours ended up where you could atcually see them so I could show my daughter. I did zoom in photos on the 20K ones to show her but she can't actually find them when we're there.

jazzysmom
09-18-2005, 07:30 AM
I did zoom in photos on the 20K ones to show her but she can't actually find them when we're there.

Does that mean there is somewhere to look at them online?

Nancy
09-18-2005, 08:55 AM
At Disneyland when I looked up the pictures I had sent in, there were several more places they had used them that weren't mentioned in my email at home. Has anyone else found this to be true? :confused:

ftroop6
09-18-2005, 09:09 AM
We received just one email stating that 5 of our pictures had been chosen. Once at the park we checked and we had lots and lots. Unfortunatley over half are in the Steamboat Willie and we couldn't locate any of them. We did locate most of the others through the park.

Nancy
09-18-2005, 09:14 AM
We received just one email stating that 5 of our pictures had been chosen. Once at the park we checked and we had lots and lots. Unfortunatley over half are in the Steamboat Willie and we couldn't locate any of them. We did locate most of the others through the park.

Unfortunatly we couldn't find ourselves in the Steamboat Willie either.

disneyhound
09-18-2005, 11:57 AM
Has anyone had pictures used, but never received an e-mail? We will be at DL in January, we sent many photos in, never got a confirmation that they were used. Am I that bad of a photographer... :crying:

Wendi
09-18-2005, 01:37 PM
At Disneyland when I looked up the pictures I had sent in, there were several more places they had used them that weren't mentioned in my email at home. Has anyone else found this to be true? :confused:

Yes, the email only lists 5 selections and it also tells you that there may be more photos used - you'll definitely need to check the kiosks in the park for a more accurate listing.

Malcon10t
09-18-2005, 04:18 PM
Has anyone had pictures used, but never received an e-mail? We will be at DL in January, we sent many photos in, never got a confirmation that they were used. Am I that bad of a photographer... :crying:Yes, I have a friend whose pic is used in the 50th History of Disneyland in the theater, and they were never notified. They found out when we called them May 5th yelling "We saw your pic!!!"

Nancy
09-18-2005, 04:28 PM
When I first sent in our pictures, I thought it would be hard to keep all of them organized. I wouldn't have wanted that job. I'm just glad they used our pictures!!! :)

MrTomMorrow
09-18-2005, 04:35 PM
Yeah, it's hard to count the exact rows and columns, but the descriptions of general areas (ex: between the purple leaves in Pocahontas' hair) is a better marker of where to look.

disneyhound
09-18-2005, 06:49 PM
Yes, I have a friend whose pic is used in the 50th History of Disneyland in the theater, and they were never notified. They found out when we called them May 5th yelling "We saw your pic!!!"
So there is hope...

Another Dimension
09-19-2005, 07:36 AM
Ours were in 20K and Steamboat. I've actually found one of the two in 20K. The ones in Steamboat were just way to high to ever see.

I submitted about 10 photos - they only used one of them mulitple times. I was hoping that some of the others would turn up in the newer murals where you could actually see them but no luck.

I was a little dissapointed that none of ours ended up where you could atcually see them so I could show my daughter. I did zoom in photos on the 20K ones to show her but she can't actually find them when we're there.

Hi KatieSue!! :D :D

I am still surprised you actually found your pic in the 20k mosaic, and surprised we have only found 2 of mine by zooming and searching later in the high res pics. Maybe someday.

Hopefully we will find more pics as the 50th celebration goes on.

Vegitabeta
09-19-2005, 10:06 AM
Hang on. How in the world do you find your picture in 20K It's like...way way up high!

jazzysmom
09-19-2005, 10:46 AM
It looks like 4 of the 5 in the email are in steamboat willie, 3 of them at the top...so I guess we won't be seeing those...

The other one listed is in Hercules, think we will be able to see that?

Whittibo
09-19-2005, 01:00 PM
Yes, I have a friend whose pic is used in the 50th History of Disneyland in the theater, and they were never notified. They found out when we called them May 5th yelling "We saw your pic!!!"

OH, I hope they used some of ours. I would be so depressed to not have any chosen. I never got an email, so I was thinking I was SOL.

katiesue
09-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Hang on. How in the world do you find your picture in 20K It's like...way way up high!

Depends on where yours are and how patient you are. The actual photos are pretty large compared to some of the other collages. Luckily one of mine can be seen if you stand it just the right place where there is a break in the awning over the Club Buzz food order windows.

I also took zoomed in digital photos of the area where the map indicated my photos were and located them that way as well.