PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland on Oct 1st?

Kimlk32
09-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Well, we are finally on our way in 2 weeks, so excited, but not sure if we should spend Sat Oct 1st at disneyland because of the expected crowds. We have front of the line passes for Universal and thought maybe we should do that on Sat and spend part of Friday and Sunday at disney instead. Are the crowds going to be bad? We might just go to disneyland in the eve on Saturday for the fireworks. We will be down there for 5 days and I here that Disneyland is alot less crowded during the week, but the hours are shorter. How is Universal during the weekend? What would be the best plan for these 5 days? Any feedback is much appreciated, thanks!!

Malcon10t
09-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Well, we are finally on our way in 2 weeks, so excited, but not sure if we should spend Sat Oct 1st at disneyland because of the expected crowds. We have front of the line passes for Universal and thought maybe we should do that on Sat and spend part of Friday and Sunday at disney instead. Are the crowds going to be bad? We might just go to disneyland in the eve on Saturday for the fireworks. We will be down there for 5 days and I here that Disneyland is alot less crowded during the week, but the hours are shorter. How is Universal during the weekend? What would be the best plan for these 5 days? Any feedback is much appreciated, thanks!!Disneyland on the 2nd and 3rd will be crowded for several reasons. On the 2nd, they will have the Mouseketeers there for a Meet/Greet/Signing, an don the 3rd, the anniversary of the MMC, they will be doing shows. Add to that, Oct 1-3 are the Gay Days, not sanctioned by Disney. Depends on what your plans are for the park. Most that are there for the MMC will generally be hanging around the Mouseketeer, so they won't be crowding too many rides.

tinafromidaho
09-18-2005, 11:02 AM
We are arriving on the 3rd and I was toying with going to Disneyland in the evening, but the fact that they have extra crowds expected is enough of a reason for me to wait and go on the fourth. I didn't know that so thanks for posting it.

pirateabbie
09-18-2005, 01:37 PM
Disneyland on the 2nd and 3rd will be crowded for several reasons. On the 2nd, they will have the Mouseketeers there for a Meet/Greet/Signing, an don the 3rd, the anniversary of the MMC, they will be doing shows. Add to that, Oct 1-3 are the Gay Days, not sanctioned by Disney. Depends on what your plans are for the park. Most that are there for the MMC will generally be hanging around the Mouseketeer, so they won't be crowding too many rides.

Is the most current MousePlanet Disneyland update wrong? They have Gay Days as being from 9/30 through 10/2 and they have no mention of either a Mouseketeers Meet and Greet on the 2nd or of special anniversary shows on the 3rd. Where can I find more information about these events?

Malcon10t
09-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Is the most current MousePlanet Disneyland update wrong? They have Gay Days as being from 9/30 through 10/2 and they have no mention of either a Mouseketeers Meet and Greet on the 2nd or of special anniversary shows on the 3rd. Where can I find more information about these events?The Meet and Greet (signings) is listed on the Disney Gallery site. The show I learned about from a Mouseketeer. Bobby, Sherry, Cubby, Lonnie, Karen, Cheryl, Tom, and Doreen will be appearing. On the 2nd, there will be a panel discussion and autographs at 1pm. Unsure where they will be located. On the 3rd, all I know is they will be performing. Dont know when or where.

pirateabbie
09-18-2005, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll check out the Disney Gallery site.

Darkbeer
09-18-2005, 04:21 PM
Gay Days are Friday, September 30th (big dinner at Ralph Brennan's), Saturday, October 1st (Disneyland, then a big evening party at the House of Blues), and Sunday October 2nd at DCA.

Also, early morning on Sunday the 2nd (prior to park opening) the CHOC walk will be happening, then a special party at Downtown Disney. Many of these folsk will go to Disneyland after the event, as they get discounted tickets, and many locals have AP's, and there is no blackout for the regular SoCal's that day.

I would do Universal on Saturday, and Knott's on Sunday if you want to avoid crowds.