PDA

View Full Version : DCA needs something...

lauramaynot
09-17-2005, 11:48 AM
last week when I was standing in line for Soarin watching the monorail go by I realized that DCA is missing transport rides. Disneyland has all of the vehicles that go up and down mainstreet, the Disneyland railroad, the monorail, and though gone not forgotten the skyway and peoplemover. I know that DCA is smaller than DL so probably doesn't need as many transportation options but I think it could add to the flow of the park. I was actually thinking they could put in a skyway from Paradise Pier to the Hollywood Pictures Backlot and theme it as hot air balloons. What other ideas for transport rides do you think would be a great addition to DCA?

Andrew
09-17-2005, 11:52 AM
Cable Cars through the San Francisco area. Red Cars (http://www.usc.edu/isd/archives/la/historic/redcars/) in the Hollywood Backlot.

HydroGuy
09-17-2005, 12:33 PM
If you want a California transportation theme, how about a traffic jam? You get in little cars that are bumper to bumper under the Golden Gate bridge, and they move at a snail's pace in and out of DCA.

For good measure, they can add animatronic people who make rude gestures at you and cut you off. ;)

blackjackdelta
09-17-2005, 01:00 PM
Great response Hydroguy, what a cesspool. Lived and worked there back in the 60's before nam...it was a fun place to live. When I was down there in August I carried CC firearm everywhere I went. The place is spooky in many areas...times have changed everwhere. This not not paranoia, this to me is survival.

Have a great day.

OCCOBRA
09-17-2005, 01:08 PM
All the walking between the rides is a real drag in DCA. Transportation would be a great thing. It is to spread out.

animagusurreal
09-17-2005, 01:19 PM
Cable Cars through the San Francisco area. Red Cars (http://www.usc.edu/isd/archives/la/historic/redcars/) in the Hollywood Backlot.

"Who's gonna drive this freeway when they can take the Red Car for a nickel?"

- Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Speaking of traffic jams, I think there should be a Freeway Themed coaster, possibly a revamped (or completely reconstructed) Mulholland Madness. It wouldn't be a transportation ride, though.

lauramaynot, I also thought of having a HPB to Paradise Pier skyway. I like your idea of hot air baloons.

HydroGuy
09-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Great response Hydroguy, what a cesspool. Lived and worked there back in the 60's before nam...it was a fun place to live. When I was down there in August I carried CC firearm everywhere I went. The place is spooky in many areas...times have changed everwhere. This not not paranoia, this to me is survival.The traffic in SoCal and NoCal is just awful, but I wasn't trying to slam all of California. I was born and grew up there, and there are a lot of special things about the place. I just can no longer stand the traffic...

potzbie
09-17-2005, 01:41 PM
Oooh!
This is a great opportunity for DCA to put itself on the E-Ticket map.

I suggest a high speed ride, i.e., a straight roller coster, but with some kind of feature that makes ride history.

I am thinking of SIX FLAGS MAGIC MOUNTAIN's "Superman -- The Escape."
Shoot out at high speed, ride up a vertical ramp, and then go backwards at high speed.

But the twist I think will make history is that the ORIGINATION and DESTINATION can be different.
1. At Sunshine Plaza, you enter the ride.
2. You shoot (somewhere).
3. You arc or twist toward Paradise Pier.
4. You are at your destination.

Or, likewise, enter at Paradise Pier and exist the "Metro Station" (hint, hint) at Hollywood and Vine.

You get the idea.

Think "PEOPLEMOVER on steroids"!
Think "mag-lev subway."
Think "high speed monorail with Grand Canyon-Bryce Canyon-Yosemite diorama."

It would be like replacing the 4-cylinder engine of a Main Steet motor car with a Formula One engine.

There is potential here, people.
Put on your thinking caps.
Put on your imagine-ears.

Donald Duck Fan68
09-17-2005, 04:54 PM
How about a Bicycle-taxi in and around the pier, through SF, route 66.? You could have a few stops along the way and they just do that circle around the water all day.

Splashfan
09-17-2005, 05:53 PM
last week when I was standing in line for Soarin watching the monorail go by I realized that DCA is missing transport rides. Disneyland has all of the vehicles that go up and down mainstreet, the Disneyland railroad, the monorail, and though gone not forgotten the skyway and peoplemover. I know that DCA is smaller than DL so probably doesn't need as many transportation options but I think it could add to the flow of the park. I was actually thinking they could put in a skyway from Paradise Pier to the Hollywood Pictures Backlot and theme it as hot air balloons. What other ideas for transport rides do you think would be a great addition to DCA?

A hot air balloon tram from one end to the other is a great idea??

Another Dimension
09-17-2005, 09:30 PM
I am thinking of SIX FLAGS MAGIC MOUNTAIN's "Superman -- The Escape."

Ack! Two of that exact design is enough.

I like the new generation Skyway idea, with the hot air balloons.
HPB - PP / PP - HPB.

TowerofTerror
09-17-2005, 09:49 PM
i think it needs more like some kool ride to with the whole theme

lauramaynot
09-18-2005, 12:26 PM
I like the cable cars and the bike taxis...I also was thinking about maybe a ski-lift type ride that could take you to a look out from up on the grand californian or grizzly peak.

Rhiannon8404
09-18-2005, 12:49 PM
I like the Hot Air Balloon skyway idea as well as the cable car idea. I think the park could support both. The skyway would be awesome for getting a bird's-eye view of the parks. The cable cars would be fun and great for those who don't like heights.