PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite freebie or free souvenir?

leotatoombs
09-17-2005, 12:12 AM
Interested in what kind of things Dland has given away over the years! Just wondered? Whats your favorite thing/souv. you have gotten free!? besides the gold ears from Jul 17 since I'm sure that probably tops them all! at least for most of the smaller things That have been won or recieved!! Oh yeah! & does anyone know/remember if the 25th ears were for sale or special gifts only 4 Bday or both? :D

I Heart Disneyland!
09-17-2005, 12:43 AM
I am afraid DL has only received my money, not given me anything!!! I did get a pair of the ears from July 17th, but, that was from someone that was there that day as I was not.

leotatoombs
09-17-2005, 03:36 AM
I am afraid DL has only received my money, not given me anything!!! I did get a pair of the ears from July 17th, but, that was from someone that was there that day as I was not.Nothing?! How about souv. guides maps, character breakfast pins, matchbooks, free brochures Etc. I for example have a bunch of old passes( that are used when ride go 101) for certain E ticket attractions from 1989, I was given by an attraction host.
:D

disneyhound
09-17-2005, 04:57 AM
We have tons of Autopia Drivers Liscenses, both my daughter and I were lucky enough to win a freebee gift on Autopia one time! And then there is all the imagery, you know, that they provide as backdrop for everyones photos. Don't get anything for free, come on... :D

casual labor
09-17-2005, 07:38 AM
They used to have a penny press in the bank that was free to use, you include the penny and crank the handle. I can't remember what it pressed out.

You can get free stickers proclaming it's your birthday, or your an honorary guest at Guest Relations. (honorary guest stickers are also available at information booths)

You can get a phone call from Goofy/Birthday or Minnie and Mickey/Anniversary if you go into Guest relations. (my nine year old added this one to the list. I've never heard of this, but she swears they do this :) )

At DCA you can get free mini nerf balls at the end of the "Party Blast" if your quick enough.

Stickers at Tower of Terror for going on the ride. (they may have stopped this because they were having to scrape too many stickers off the walls)

I haven't seen the New Orleans beads being handed out lately, but they used to give them away.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Ohhh...one more. your child can learn how to make chocolate chip cookies and at the end they let them have the cookies that they baked. This is located the end of Main street, the last building before you enter to Adventureland. Look for "Junior Chef" presented by Nestle. The classes are every hour with the last class being at 3:00.

EmmasMom
09-17-2005, 07:56 AM
Oh yeah! & does anyone know/remember if the 25th ears were for sale or special gifts only 4 Bday or both? :D

I bought mine. We weren't there on the actual anniversary day.

pisces
09-17-2005, 08:25 AM
The free logo napkins in Whitewater.

Those are free, right? :rolleyes:

FatAl
09-17-2005, 08:45 AM
I got free 50th anniversary napkins from Golden Horseshow and free brochures at the entrance.

This is off the topic. I can tell you my least favorite freebie for my daughters at DCA. When it was opened in 2001, my little girls ran all over the park to collect the six stamps in order to get the free pin. Imagine their efforts and disappointments afterward. You would know what I meant if you ever participated. Even their parents were disappointed with the button design if there's any. Of course, they received their usual b.s. from us about being graceful with free stuffs. Later they would be nicely compensated with actual pins. The next year, they all chose to go to Universal Studio Hollywood and Knott's Berry Farm instead. This year (15 and 12), they chose Sea world and the Zoo until I convinced them DL was o.k..

uvsc_wolverine
09-17-2005, 10:24 AM
The best freebie I ever got - well, actually my friend got it - was on our trip last October. We were both 23 at the time and Kyle's favorite character is Donald (if anyone remembers the Photoshopped picture of Mary Poppins I posted, Kyle's the one whose face I used). We were in DL for three days and didn't see Donald once. So, around 8:30 on our last day we went to City Hall to find out where Donald was. They said that he had gone home, but that they'd see if they could find him and they told us to come back in 45 minutes. When we got back, they said that he was in a hurry when they found him, but they did get him to sign an autograph. From under the counter they produced an 8x10 black and white glossy photo of donald standing in front of the castle (standing on the compass) with a personalized autograph. I thought that was pretty dang cool!

disneyperson
09-17-2005, 11:30 AM
Number one : my "I was there" button from the 25th anniversary

Number two : My golden ears from the 50th anniversary

twist1980
09-17-2005, 11:35 AM
We have tons of Autopia Drivers Liscenses

I've got those too, they are great for scrapbooking!

I also got on decoder for all of the symbols in the Indiana Jones queue. They were giving them out when the ride first opened. Thank goodness we had something to entertain us when we had to wait in line for over three hours (remember the days before fastpasses?).

One time we were eating in the Hungry Bear and my neice knocked her meal on the floor and started crying. A CM saw this, and brought a new meal without even being asked. We would have had to buy a new meal, so I thought this was really nice!

Sandiegoboy
09-17-2005, 03:04 PM
Only cool free thing I remember getting is this pin. Has donald in a spacesuit.
I got it in the 80s I think, I was young, they gave these pins when you entered DL.
I still have the pin, but its at my moms house in my old room.

Colin
09-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Might be cheating ever so slightly!

Last weekend went to a fan event at Disneyland Paris, they gave us a Park Map for Hong Kong Disneyland as part of the event, how cool is that? Its really interesting to look at! Nice gift and it doesnt cost them much :)

C°o°lin

eryn
09-17-2005, 03:54 PM
The sticker from ToT i got last dec is still stuck on the water bottle that my daughter now brings to school every day in her lunch. I use an old ticket as a book mark( i guess i did pay for that!), we all got free lanyards and 3 pins when we booked our dec trip and the maps and drivers licence are always fun to look at and remember.
Oh, the kids grabbed as many petals falling from snow white as they could so once in a while ill find one under the bed or in the toy box!

DisneyDustin22
09-17-2005, 04:28 PM
Tortillas!

ILoveChurros
09-17-2005, 06:57 PM
My favorite would have to be my wishing stick from New Years Eve 1999, it was so magical to be there, starting a new century at DLAnd and having my stick to make a wish when it was midnight. oh the stick was just one of those glow sticks but it had the disney logo and nye 1999 on it.

leotatoombs
09-17-2005, 07:05 PM
The free logo napkins in Whitewater.

Those are free, right? :rolleyes:Yes they are & I save & use them at home in S.F. with my new shag-ware
:D

jazzysmom
09-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Tortillas!

I'm with Dustin on this one, definitely FLOUR tortillas! YUUUMMMMM

stan4d_steph
09-17-2005, 07:34 PM
I have a fun little medallion on some beads from New Orleans Square Holiday in 1999. It's got an alligator with a Santa hat on it. :)

Vegitabeta
09-18-2005, 03:40 AM
When I bought a few pins from a cart in Paradise Pier in 2004 I got a free Olymics pin bag (I have 2 somehow, must of bought a lotta pins!).

Also from my recent visit I bought the magical milestones gold lanyard and got a magical milestones pin bag to go with it.

I don't use any of them because my pins are all on different lanyards. It's kinda a bit of a shame.

disneyhound
09-18-2005, 05:55 AM
Tortillas!
YEA!!!!

evrythngwmn
09-18-2005, 07:57 AM
I think the coolest thing we ever got free was a pair of tennis shoes for my niece. As we were exiting Dumbo she was trying to get into another elephant and somehow caught her tennis shoe on the elephant and it fell in the water. First they had to fish it out. Once we had it they gave us a No Strings Attached to get her a new pair of tennis shoes so she wouldn't have to walk around in the wet shoe. I thought that was beyond customer service considering it was my niece's own fault for dropping it.

09-18-2005, 07:58 AM
A brochure from The Big Day in July, sent by a very thoughtful person.

amarvel
09-18-2005, 11:49 AM
My favorite would have to be my wishing stick from New Years Eve 1999, it was so magical to be there, starting a new century at DLAnd and having my stick to make a wish when it was midnight. oh the stick was just one of those glow sticks but it had the disney logo and nye 1999 on it

oh man I was there NYE 1999 and I don't remember getting a wishing stick :(

the only thing i can think of is the brochures and napkins. I get those every time.